Season 7 Race 5 Hockenheim post race

The server replays are a bit tricky to distribute these days, seeing that the Presto GP updater is "out of order".

If anybody uses a site where they can post stuff like replays for download, and can receive e-mails no larger than 30MB, then I can start sending the server replays to this person, and he can upload them and post a ling in the forum.

Does anybody fit the description?

Nice race guys, sorry it's a bit late for my description.. Well it was one of the better races for me in terms of survival distance! I managed 27 laps this time before destroying the car! lol Misjudged Mercedes Arena a few times, nearly collecting Kurt on one occasion, apologies for that mate. Apart from that, I don't think I had any incidents apart from lap 27 where I mounted the kerb on the exit of Sudcurve, which the bottom of the car didn't like causing complete loss of traction hence causing a terminal spin into the barriers loosing a rear wheel and the rear wing of which it was then game over for me :( Hardly surprising for me though, although, slowly but surely, i'm getting better! :)

Thanks Jim :)

Hmm, the rar file is 30MB, I am not sure if my hotmail can send it... might be a 25MB limit... I'll keep trying.

I think most email hosts have a limit around the 25mb, I recommend using a client like mediafire, they have a 200mb limit for hosting files on a free account, I've found them to be really good.. Just thought i'd add my 5p's worth! :)

Nico, I have a suggestion for your (our) problem! There's a very easy to use and completely free web space. It offers you 2 gb and it's called www.mydrive.ch. It should be very easy to create an account with the username "prestogp" and the password could be the standard one for the prestogp servers.

So you (or anyone else) could easily create folders for each round there and everyone of the community can upload stuff like server replays, hotlaps or anything else (especially bigger files). Of course it's a matter of trust, because everyone (of the community) would have the login and be able to upload but also delete things. But I don't see a problem in this matter.

What do you think?

Edit:
You can switch from german language to english at the upper rigth side! And I just noticed, you can have an admin login and give away guest logins.

We wouldn't all need the login, Nico could just create a free account with any one of a number of different file sharing sites like the one you metion, upload and copy link, then post the link here

That's what I do to share big drawing files with clients, once uploaded I can get a link to only that file, send them the link, they click, it takes them straight to the download, simples

That's what I was hoping I could do for the server replays

Jim

I spoken with Gaetano about last race about cut no cut wide no wide, he know that run wide in T1 ,was so for his driving style and know also that we have a Race Director that can take a decision.We had speak also graphic prob and him say that this problem is with F1 when we are more 10 or 12 cars (freeze/lag) he run also in F3000 with 20 cars and not have problem,I suggest him something about option video in game and send him mod no visor/helmet for better vision in race.
all this words suggest me another comix so we can ease the tension:D

think so Reik I have some track (mod) where is very hard run with my pc like Singapore(night) or when rain, this is the reason because i set in option game all on low sure lost taste of track but can race with less lag and the lag take me always before or after a curve is not nice find me with sterring in a middle and not to know where I will go but is the risk of us Drivers:D.

I spoken with Gaetano about last race about cut no cut wide no wide, he know that run wide in T1 ,was so for his driving style and know also that we have a Race Director that can take a decision.

Good work on the translation Vale. Gaetano doesn't seem to be on the same page on a couple of things. First, running wide is not a driving style issue. We have a simple rule, you can't run wide. Secondly, the race directors job has changed such that we try not to have to differ issues to him. It's not his job to tell someone that they need to obey the rules. I don't quite understand what Gaetano wants a ruling on?

We don't want to have to have penalties, unless of course we find someone who is interested in investing as much time in becoming a simulated race steward as we spend on being simulated formula 1 drivers. Our new more relaxed system has been working well but it does rely completely on everybody understanding and seeking to obey the rule.

All that said, thing would have been so much easier with an India style bagel and Massa style lesson learned (two times).

Tim.

I know, I know... I'm a little late again with my report.

But this time my summary will be my first ever edited video using Windows Movie Maker. (please forgive me for the poor frame rate but my PC is a little old:))

I hope you enjoy my first try.

Secondly, the race directors job has changed such that we try not to have to differ issues to him. It's not his job to tell someone that they need to obey the rules.

This is very true and probably the core of my frustration. I am happy to offer my opinion on a grey area situation, but the concept is that every driver regulate themselves. There should be no need for me to interfere in this situation, as it is as clear as it gets... :)

All this being said, and in the spirit of Vale's comix (thank you for that Vale), I am happy to put this behind us :) I hope and believe Gaetano will not run wide (or cut) in the future.

EDIT: nice video Reik, interesting to see the race from the front of the grid. And I liked the comments... it made me laugh sitting here in my otherwise boring office :)

Thanks to everybody else for your video's as well, I always watch them and i enjoy them :)

All this being said, and in the spirit of Vale's comix (thank you for that Vale), I am happy to put this behind us :) I hope and believe Gaetano will not run wide (or cut) in the future.

not happy with this, he intentionally cut/wide 3 corners of the tack, at least 2 times per lap, that adds upto 112 cut/wides in the race, sorry but thats not on, he should receive some form of penalty for that behavior and for the excuses hes came out with he doesnt deserve to keep all the points he cheated to earn at hockenheim, if hes so laggy then lower the graphics options or turn down visible cars, graphics problems are not an excuse for cheating.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back