Season 7 Race 5 Hockenheim post race

very very nice race !!!grats reik and podium!!!i see more guy have good fun ^^and me too :)!! figth with more guys ,how walter i too make a good overtake and how nico i make very bad bad pit stop can say than i lose a podium on pit:/!!just on 1 pit see difilippo make error first than pit
for little i save my race sosp damage !!very nice battle with ishak grats well done:))!!no comment on post david t !
3 22 wing for set race and go very good more grip and fast only the first corner give me problem but possible drive !!for 2/3 from race have bad grafich problem so say sry if not perfect drive !!no take podium but have more fun :)))) more figth :))) grats all for partecipation grats nico for your work!!!!

Qualifying – A reasonable lap for 6[SUP]th[/SUP].

Race (2[SUP]nd[/SUP]) –

Got away cleanly, I was on the inside and braked early to stay tight through the left hander. On the replay it seems I should have braked harder as I ended up on the outside, though everyone on the outside luckly ended up even further on the outside. Anthony did very well to avoid me.

Approaching the hairpin I was worried about who was bearing down from behind. Somehow we managed not to hit, but on the replay it seems to have been a miracle. Eliezer locked all 4 wheels coming up the inside of Anthony and very nearly took me out. I hope this one can be a lesson learned without incident. Lap 1, Hairpin, very late braking.

I had decided to go with meds and extra fuel for the first stint in case I got caught up in the pack. I managed to stay in 6[SUP]th[/SUP] but I struggled to stay close to the guys in front. Towards the end of the stint my tires held up and I closed back up on the front guys. I felt started to feel confident that if I stayed steady the race would come to me when I got my softs on for two short stints later.

On lap 15 Cristian made a small error and I managed to get through. Later in the lap we came across Bob (TS1225) who I now see was missing his front wing. As we approached on the straight I chose to go down the inside. Sadly Bob swerved left and drove me off the road. Bob was obviously trying to get out of the way. It’s worth noting that almost all of the lapping incidents involve someone going the wrong way. The perfect thing for Bob to do would have been to drive straight. Whenever I’m lapping, the thing I fear most is a sudden move. (I should note, these things happen, and everyone did exceptionally well at moving over this race).

Cristian got back past me while I was off the road. Soon after I went past what I presumed was an incident between Sean and Gaetano. After watching the replay I see that they spun on different corners independently. I was glad to be on the mediums at that point. And up to 5[SUP]th[/SUP].
I was following Gaetano when he and Cristian entered the pits and it went very badly. Up to 3[SUP]rd[/SUP].

On lap 19 David went into the pits and moved up to 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]. I started push hard on old mediums hoping to undercut David (okay the opposite of undercut with no logic). Reik went in at the end of lap 21 and I took the lead. I had hoped he might go in earlier and that he was on softs, but alas, he went in just one lap shorter than me and had a tidy lead already. I drove fast on lap 22 and did a 1:16.8, which wasn’t really suiting my undercut idea. It would be interesting to see how things panned out after the stops.

I came out in 4[SUP]th[/SUP] about 5 second behind David. I had been undercut. The softs felt good and I managed to catch David. We had a good clean fight for a few laps with David defending hard and forcing me to make my move on the outside. After 2 or 3 attempts I managed to get the job done.

Sean was my next target, sadly just as I started to close in on him, I saw him make contact at the hairpin. With 3 cars stationary on the hairpin I luckly managed to slide through, I had slowed early to make it through carefully and was worried about David behind, he clearly was careful too, and we make it through unscathed. It was a real shame I didn’t get to battle with Sean.
From there things went smoothly. I managed to increase the gap to David on my fresher tires. I went in for my last stop and came out in 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]. Sadly Reik had a powerful gap by now, but I was looking good for 2[SUP]nd [/SUP]on the freshest tires.

The rest of the race seemed uneventful until suddenly the gap to Reik started reducing rapidly. Finally hope of braking Reiks run!!! But even with bas suspension damage he managed to get away a powerful win.

Congrats to Reik and Anthony.

Thanks to the Race Director.

Looking forward to the next one.

Tim.

"no comment on post david t !"

@ gaetanno - why because you know its the truth? because you dont want attention drawn to your race? your a cheat and ive told you as much over the last week when you laughed when i told you to follow the rules, the race shows you have no regard for our rules and youll just cheat to gain positions.

@nico - id like gaetannos replay watched, it doesnt have to be all his replay but he cut and went wide every lap of the race at least twice per lap, and these were huge cuts and wides, i couldnt defend my position to him he was gaining so much time, id have been 10 seconds in front of him if he hadnt cheated to gain on me, im happy for my replay to be watched, i even dropped to 4th t1 to make sure i stayed within the rules, gaetanno has no regard for our rules on the white lines, i told him countless times on the practise server (if you check logs youll see this) he laughed when questioned, he also said he wouldnt do it in the race, well he did, every lap, im sure if you watch 5-10 laps of his race you'll be equally disgusted as i am.

David

On lap 19 David went into the pits and moved up to 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]. I started push hard on old mediums hoping to undercut David (okay the opposite of undercut with no logic). Reik went in at the end of lap 21 and I took the lead. I had hoped he might go in earlier and that he was on softs, but alas, he went in just one lap shorter than me and had a tidy lead already. I drove fast on lap 22 and did a 1:16.8, which wasn’t really suiting my undercut idea. It would be interesting to see how things panned out after the stops.

I came out in 4[SUP]th[/SUP] about 5 second behind David. I had been undercut. The softs felt good and I managed to catch David. We had a good clean fight for a few laps with David defending hard and forcing me to make my move on the outside. After 2 or 3 attempts I managed to get the job done.

Tim.

was a good fight we had tim, i made it harder for myself by having 10l extra on my pits so by race end i was 30l heavier in the tank, i just couldnt defend with the extra weight so i yeilded on the inside of t8(?) and let you go i wasnt going to hold you up any longer, i was still happy to take 3rd and just cruise round until the daughter ruined my race, RUINED IT!! (shes still grounded btw) :tongue:

Qualifying – A reasonable lap for 6[SUP]th[/SUP].

On lap 15 Cristian made a small error and I managed to get through. Later in the lap we came across Bob (TS1225) who I now see was missing his front wing. As we approached on the straight I chose to go down the inside. Sadly Bob swerved left and drove me off the road. Bob was obviously trying to get out of the way. It’s worth noting that almost all of the lapping incidents involve someone going the wrong way. The perfect thing for Bob to do would have been to drive straight. Whenever I’m lapping, the thing I fear most is a sudden move. (I should note, these things happen, and everyone did exceptionally well at moving over this race).

Tim.

My very sorry, Tim!

I think the Race Line was not the inside ATM.

Grats all finishers :)

(...)held third for a few laps until gaetanno zizzo had made enough time up through going wide every chance he got( and not slightly wide HUGELY WIDE) i was sickened with him watching it in my mirror, it caused me to loose concentration and he slipped past and kept going extremely wide so i had no chance to catch back up, id had words with gaetanno for the last week on the server about his cutting and wides but he kept doing it, if you check back server logs nico youll find his total disregard for the rules when ive asked him to stop and abide by the rules, on with the race,

no comment on post david t !
3 22 wing for set race and go very good more grip and fast only the first corner give me problem but possible drive !!for 2/3 from race have bad grafich problem so say sry if not perfect drive !!

David is very correct Gaetano, you ran wide big time in t1 every single lap that I watched, or in other words your general racing line was outside the track. I told you about this at Monza as well. I do not understand this, can you please stop doing it?

And David, try to accuse somebody in a friendly manner next time, makes it easier for everybody.

And David, try to accuse somebody in a friendly manner next time, makes it easier for everybody.

i know what you mean nico but i had a weeks worth of crap from him about how its fine to go wide and how he disregards the rules, he even came on as horus3000 and went wider than ive ever seen anyone go wide before and proceeded to lie about him not being in presto, check back on the server chat logs, i dont need to be friendly to him anymore.

Grats to reik and podiums and finshers !! thanks nico!

Yes tim it would have been a good fight final stints to see what happened, i managed to undercut you and david with early stop after my mistake but i would have been struggling at end of 2nd stint with tires again. I was 2 stop softs maybe i should have used mediums for 1 of them.

Ill try extra hard for a battle in A1 cyas on server !!:cool:

more than cut it seems clear from the video replays that profited off the white line of the curb and only after the central angle of the curve
so it's clear that the exit of that corner I could not keep it inside the white line! the replays I saw that too sometimes took you out of the wheels as well as many others!
finally I have not cheated in the race I fought very own! do not risk more to undermine my mind and calm before a race if you havrai and other problems with my guide will ask you to notify us of Nico!
Nico: I have a problem with my graphics card does not know why but when the full server and it slows down the graphics from the first league that happens to me I did throughout the first half of the race I have a hard drive with precision! possibbilita as I do not have to make up right now to my problem! I apologize to everyone who received the Dila white line of the curb, I'll try to be more careful in the future! for what concerns me the race was very nice and fun 100% that I raised a little morale!

out with the excuses as usual, you didnt only go wide at turn 1, you went wide at turn 3, turn 8 and turn 10, at least 2 wides per lap, every lap of the race, that is cheating, you made no attempt to alter your line, in fact when there was no one around you your line got even wider, im not wasting anymore time thinking about your cheating, ive got you marked down as a cheat and will treat you as such until you adibe by the rules.

... quite honestly I do not understand very much of what you mean Gaetano.

I am quite certain that everybody that see the replay will have a hard time understanding that your racing line through t1 is not deliberate. Seeing that your graphics are good enough to allow you to be among the fastest in the race and drive safely in traffic (demands precision), but yet somehow force you to run ultra-wide every lap in t1, does not make sense at all.

I can see that you are trying to explain what is going on, but I am not able to understand anything else than that you have a graphic problem. If there is a good reason for the wide running your co-racers really need to understand it, alternatively if it is done purposely to be faster, you need to admit to it and stop doing it in the future, and we can all continue to focus on having more of those fun, high quality races.

Perhaps it could be an idea to explain the matter in Italian to Cristian DiF or Valerio, make them understand, and then they could try to translate it to the rest?

... quite honestly I do not understand very much of what you mean Gaetano.

I am quite certain that everybody that see the replay will have a hard time understanding that your racing line through t1 is not deliberate. Seeing that your graphics are good enough to allow you to be among the fastest in the race and drive safely in traffic (demands precision), but yet somehow force you to run ultra-wide every lap in t1, does not make sense at all.

I can see that you are trying to explain what is going on, but I am not able to understand anything else than that you have a graphic problem. If there is a good reason for the wide running your co-racers really need to understand it, alternatively if it is done purposely to be faster, you need to admit to it and stop doing it in the future, and we can all continue to focus on having more of those fun, high quality races.

+1

Jim

I have been looking at Gaetano's race that everyone is talking about. If not that smooth run is cheating then there is no cheating. No more than perhaps a handful of laps were fairly close to the white line. Other laps had meters of improved line.
Gaetano, you mocks us all when driving that way. Do you really think that you have run according to our rules?

.........If there is a good reason for the wide running your co-racers really need to understand it, alternatively if it is done purposely to be faster, you need to admit to it and stop doing it in the future, and we can all continue to focus on having more of those fun, high quality races.

Perhaps it could be an idea to explain the matter in Italian to Cristian DiF or Valerio, make them understand, and then they could try to translate it to the rest?

:)I'm here,
will try to contact him and ....will pull the ears him....:D ( like at school )

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back