Season 7 Race 4 SUZUKA

I also had my 7th gear surprisingly reaching the limiter and I was so surprised by this on the s/f straight on lap 19 or so that I braked too late for t1 and crashed again and this time for good.

Although totally undersireble, I am more at ease knowing that yourself and Jim shared my utter discomfort with the variable car setup/ performance throughout the race. I hope that it is another one-off experience.

I'll get back stronger in Hockenheim :)

No doubt :)

Congratulations! ! Reik, David and Jim..

Q-9 ,
R-10,

Two last races very bad for me, no time to practice, this is the result, spinning a lot, to add bad strategy :frown:

1st stint: 17 laps, soft tires, 101 liters
2nd stint: 17 laps, soft tires, 101 liters
3rd stint: 15 laps, soft tires, 0 liters

my 2nd stint I had 140 ltrs, the car was to heave, pls don't do this

congrats! to Valerio and Peter for nice race and everyone to finished

thanks for the videos guys!

thanks for sharing setup!

thanks Nico and RD!

Sorry guys, I've been a bit far from here,

see you all at Hockenheim, :)

Congrats to the podium. And many thanks as always to Nico for a wonderful league (which I love no matter how much this sounds a bit like a rant)

Qual (3[SUP]rd[/SUP]) – My lap was pretty solid. I waited a bit for the line to dry as the first few went out and it seemed to work well. I was a little worried about a shower, but it didn’t come. 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] should be high enough to keep me out of trouble...

Race (5[SUP]th[/SUP]) – Got away reasonably, maintained 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] behind David. Had an issue through Degner but managed to catch it, Cristian managed to slip through.

(TS186) A couple of corners later I entered spoon a bit hot and was a little wide. As described in the first post Tom decided to brake late and take the inside. Sadly, in order to hold the inside you can’t simply brake late, it just wasn’t going to happen in spoon, especially on lap 1. Tom apologised in his first post, and his apology is accepted. There are some lessons here however. It’s lap 1, we are on cold tyres , and we’re on spoon, it’s not an overtaking opportunity.

My car was launched over the fence, lost front wing and suspension damage. I have to pit at the end of lap 1 and come out in 18[SUP]th[/SUP].

(TS628) I manage to make my way up to 14[SUP]th[/SUP] as others make similar pit stops. As I come around the final turn on lap 6 I meet Anthony M who is stationary across the racing line after making contact with the pit entry wall. I lose front wing and gain suspension damage. I’m also 5 metres past the pit entry. Though tempting, I continuing on for a whole lap.

With my 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] set of mediums and my 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] front wing I return to the track in 16[SUP]th[/SUP] position. I came out right in front of Valter and Valerio who were a lap up. I thought I should let them through so they could continue their battle. Soon after letting them through I realised I was quite a bit quicker and that there was a lot of racing to go. I decided to go past them. Unlapping is a dangerous game, but on lap 10 I decided I had to go. I went past Valerio, Valter and then David M, who made it very easy (thanks). Peter similarly let me go, but after catching and passing 4 cars, it was a little demoralising to see I was still in 15[SUP]th[/SUP]!

Lap 15 (TS1466) things got a bit more interesting. I reached Gaetano (5[SUP]th[/SUP]) and needed to go by him. He was at the same time trying to lap Vincenzo (14[SUP]th[/SUP]) who I was about to challenge for position. As I pulled into Vincenzo’s slipstream, he lifted to let Gaetano go by, I quickly went left onto the grass and managed to make the pass. I then followed Gaetano for a lap before making a move up the inside on the hairpin. Sadly there was a small contact. I certainly had the corner but perhaps should have held it even tighter. I do apologise for the contact especially considering I was unlapping. I hope no damage was done, though I did see in the replay Gaetano came into the pits that lap, I do hope it was a scheduled stop.

I came in for my 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] pit stop on the next lap. I came out just in front of Cristian, but this time decided to power on and see if I was quicker. Now in position 13, surely would soon reach some people I could race for position. On lap 23 I manage to pass Vincenzo for P11. The rest of the stint was a bit lonely but I put some good laps in and pitted on lap 33, after a slight overshoot I managed to come back out in P9.
The last stint I spent chasing Jim, who was around 10 second down the road. On lap 37 I went past Valario for 8[SUP]th[/SUP] who had just had a nasty incident with Sean.

On lap 38 Nic and Valter had a coming together, Jim managed to slide through, I wasn’t only lucky enough to get past Nic.
(TS3854) I make a move on Valter in Spoon (after all I said earlier). I manage to make it stick without contact (though I think I am helped by the fact that he out brakes himself). In the second half of spoon Nic runs into the side of me. Reading his account I do understand how it happened, I was on the extreme right so he had every right to go up the inside, but I’m not sure I would describe it as a racing incident as he ran into the side of me while I maintained my line. I’m sent off track and lose out to Valter.

(TS3997) The following lap Nic and Valter touch in the final Chicane and I get a good run past Valter on the start of the straight. I go past Nic as well and take T1 in 6[SUP]th[/SUP]. In the esses I get slightly out of shape but hold it together. I have lost some speed. As we come to the next turn, Nic turns in on me and turns me around. Nic is right to say I was going slow, but I don’t think I slowed down suddenly, and I don’t think I was re-entering the racing line. I had the inside of the corner and he turned in. Nic did let me pass later in the lap which I appreciated
By lap 44 I managed to catch and pass Valter once again which gave me P5. Sadly this time Jim had obviously sailed into the distance to have his own adventures fighting for P2, I would love to have been involved.

Finished 5[SUP]th[/SUP], not a bad effort on a 4 stopper. I used 5 sets of mediums and Reiks race setup (thanks Reik).
I’ll edit this for the incident report. Look forward to some thoughts on the incidents, I’m sure there will be some alternate opinions, I’m keen for that, anything to help us have less incidents in the future.

Tim.

Sorry for this short report, my work is consuming my free time.
Q 14th
I really had no idea what time I could reach, and was expecting a worst result. I prefer
R 7th
1st stint: 16 laps, medium tires, 80 liters
2nd stint: 16 laps, medium tires, 62 liters
3rd stint: 16 laps, medium tires, 62 liters
I was very happy of my race setup that I posted the day before the race. It was not fast, but safe for me, since the car felt almost the same the whole stint. Of course there was more wings than the others, so I was prepared to be overtaken in the straights, but I was exiting the turns faster and had grip at the end of the stints, so I could defend myself a little.
My first 2 stints were perfect, almost no mistakes, and I was in 4th position at the beginning of lap 33. I made a terrible mistake shortly after, in this lap 33, exiting Spoon, and lost front wing + had suspension damage, and had to pit to repair. That cost me 3 places, and lots of seconds that could have give me a much better position, maybe a podium. Instead I passed my 3rd stint to battle with Valter and Tim and was not very good at it.

CU in germany.

Congrats to Reik and Jim even though we never really saw each other on the track.

Quali: P22. Had a very sloppy drive being caught out by slipperiness off the racing line.

Race: P2. It should have been a disaster starting last position, but I prepared a lot (not for starting last), and I got pretty lucky. My race strategy was 3 stints on Hard slicks, 67/64/64 fuel.

When the lights went out I just drove casually and tried not to get into any trouble, but I still had a little incident rear ending Anthony M in the first lap. There must have been a lot of first lap trouble, because I was already up to P12 after lap 1.

On lap 4 I come up to Peter Marshall, I was over 1 second per lap faster, and hitting 215mph in his slipstream, but on lap 8 I spun braking too late trying to pass him at the last chicane. Another small mistake on lap 9 left me in P7 about 4-5 seconds behind Peter.

On lap 10 I notice I am being followed by P15 Tim McIver, so I try to drive a good lap to see where our relational speed is. My lap was pretty good pace, but he stayed right on me the whole time. It's not worth it to get distracted, so I let him go on the pit straight, trying not to lose too much time.

Around lap 14 I could see Peter again, and I wanted to make a very good pitstop so I could pass in the pitlane, so when he pitted I went around one more lap and pitted on lap 17 so I could have a free pit entry. At TS1675 you can see the dangerous stop I made. Loving the new pitlane rules, definitely trying to take every advantage there.

Lap 18 I exit the pitlane P5, 5 seconds behind Nicolas Rouge and 3 seconds ahead of Gaetano Zizzo. Now I feel good that my pit stop worked so well, and I heat up my tires and drive 8 straight perfect (for me) laps, until I have caught up behind Nicolas Rouge.

Lap 29 I misread fuel on my telemetry screen, and get so distracted trying to think of what lap I was supposed to pit on, that I miss a braking point and slide through the gravel and then backwards into a wall, destroying my left rear suspension. Now I am forced to crawl back to the pit much earlier than I wanted, and I also missed my pitbox this time too.

Lap 30 I exit pitlane P11, about 3 seconds behind P10. I think to myself it's not so bad, with about 19 laps left and one pit stop ahead for everyone else, I can still overtake maybe 2-3 more people and maybe hold on to the end if my Hard tires last.

Lap 32, Peter Marshall exits the pitlane ahead of me, and I recall the start of my race where I could not get past him, and decided I had to overtake him right away or get stuck for a long time. By the time we got to the hairpin, I was on his wing, and I tried to time my apex at spoon curve so that I could get on the power earlier than him and catch his slipstream down the straight and hopefully pass at the chicane. Instead I caught him too early (low downforce, long gears) and made a little crazy pass on the inside of 130r to take P8. Maybe not something I'd try again.

Lap 34-35, this is where it got weird for me. I jump from P8 to P3 when a few people stop for their last stop.

Lap 42 I take over P2 from Sean Greenlaw who suffers a terrible accident, Peter Marshall follows me by about 5 seconds, and my pace is kinda terrible on all this last stint.

Lap 48, I make a little mistake and have a slow sideways slide into the gravel, and Peter Marshall instantly erases my gap and we have a drag race side by side down to the hairpin where Peter brakes a little too late, allowing me to get P2 back. From here on I just drove like he was right on my wing, but I found later that he didn't have the car setup to catch me even in my slipstream. I also thought there was one more lap, which I was dreading until the game took over control when I crossed the finish line P2, one lap behind Reik.

i forgot to do a report for suzuka so here goes a quicky one,

qual p2, very happy with that.

race DNF (lol) very unhappy with that.

started great, kept my 2nd place, reik was pulling away and i was pulling away from ones behind, couldve been a good race, lap 3-4 i spun degnar 2 and hit the wall, had to wait till at least 10 cars went passed so i could rejoin track, wheel was badly off centre with suspension damage so tried to pit, for some reason my g25 profile had defaulted and i couldnt find my pit in button :( coming round turn 1 frantically pressing buttons to find pit in i mustve hit the ignition button and it cut the car out, i couldnt find the button to restart it lol, my race ended up a comedy of errors i can laugh at now, was pretty angry at the time though.

grats podium

see you next race guys ::

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%