Season 7 Race 4 SUZUKA

Valerio Vinassa

PrestoGP Veteran
Quali: 3sec more slow from my pb:frown:
Race: after a smooth start after 1 or 2 laps from back Im in 11th place and then 9th behind me Valter think 2 or 3sec. but I was quite and no much anxious :) we have did a bit of laps together but just after Spoon curve a lag or old PC give me a problem lost control and I went in sand immediatedly Valter passed me push for try catch but I see him only at pit stop.When is come second pit Im really near at Valter and we jump out together from pit Im behind him and push for stay near but some my little mistake I lost a contact now 4 or 5 sec is a gap but behind me Jim I meet him at hairpin and from here to Spoon curve we drive really near I tried to resist and in Spoon Jim is inside and me outside I know that is a bit dangerouse :) but I want resist without close the curve because I think that the contact between 2 cars in this situation was easy, result a nice outing in sand of Spoon curve:) and usually spin when I return on track 2 car passed me think Sean and Tim sorry guys but I haven't seen you hope no damage.
Masterpiece is around lap 37 or 38 the position in race was stabilized Reik is behind me I must lapping and me in Degner curve go on kurbs and kiss the wall serious suspension damage and only 28sec of advantage from Kurt I lost 2sec at lap and no chance for pit I tried to resist and this time Im a bit lucky finish the race in 8th with 3sec of advantage:)

Congratulations WINNERS and Thanks Race Director for event

Congratulations Reik, David and Jim!!

We had fun in the last laps. :)
More latter about my very weird race, but briefly, my car/ engine/ gears changed throughout the the race. very odd...

I had much fun though. :)

EDIT:-----------------

Q 18[SUP]th[/SUP]. During my out-lap I experienced a very odd car behaviour. The engine would reach the rev limit in 7[SUP]th[/SUP] very early before 130 R. I thought at the time that I must loaded the wrong Q set-up. Before Turn 1, the engine was peaking and then I was doing all of turn 2 in 5[SUP]th[/SUP] gear instead of 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]. Odd.

R 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. I am pleased to finish well, but am a little sad that Bob and I came together in Turn 1 lap 1. There appeared to be plenty of room for Bob and I to take Turn 1 side by side and then Bob bounces off my invisible force field. Sorry Bob.

In the opening laps, I passed many cars off road and crossed the line in 7[SUP]th[/SUP] I think. However, the car was again peaking early in 7[SUP]th[/SUP]. How could I have loaded the wrong Race setup? I only had one.
Anyway, I nearly quit the race right there thinking my car would be too slow to be safe racing, but I continue and latter in the stint it all returns to normal.

Through out the race, when I was near many cars, my car would behave very oddly with gears and engines screaming, but late in the stint, I would be driving the car I thought I had loaded.

Late in the race I was chasing David with Jim chasing me. How I am in 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] place is beyond my understanding. Again, the car engine goes weird again but I am nearly use to it now. Lol

Last lap into the chicane and squeeze the braking zone to defend maybe from Jim, but a little tap knocks me wide and I finish a respectable 4[SUP]th[/SUP].

I think I must have had a LOT of lagging this race. To me [my view], I never contacted Bob in lap 1, but did and Jim didn't hit me at the end of the race but did. Sorry for that gents and I don't think it is normal [the lag].

thank you all.:cool:

Opening lap Video:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/seti152#p/a/u/0/E2DCby1w-W8[/video]

Totally bizzare race:rolleyes:

Q, P7 could be worse

R, P3! somehow

Started ok then ran wide in T1 just onto the dust, I didnt loose out to bad, continued in P11 I think, then on the first time round I went straight into the wall at T1, broken everything, what a plonka, so all the way around with half a car, pitted and came out well back and a lap down

So I just went for it and kept picking up places, quite a lot towards the end as some people either LC (Sean?) or had trips across the gravel, I then had to chase down Peter from 10 seconds back, I caught both Peter and David right at the end, which culminated in me thinking I'd passed Peter into the last corner, but due to a bad sync issue it turns out I hit him (see incident thread)

So I feel a bit bad about claiming 3rd place:frown:

Grats to Reik, and the rest

Thanks to Nico as always

Jim

There was somethink odd, mid race I was on the rev limit well before 130R, for the rest of the time I was not even close, 18200 max

Not noticed that before?

Jim

Jim, I had exactly the same engine peaking before 130R at times [and before T1] and not all the time. I thought I had loaded the wrong car-setup and nearly quit the race in lap 1. Glad I didn't :)

I've looked into the revs thing in motec and it seems to coincide with fuel stops, i.e. the few laps before when the car is light, maybe it's not bottoming so much at that time, therefore reaching a slightly higher speed?

Jim

Suzuka

Grats!
1.Reik Major1:27.1501:13:43.24850
2.David McCradic1:28.8501:14:44.65843
3.jim hawley1:28.5431:14:45.93938

And thanks all for a thrilling race!

Qualy: 13th. Kurt got 11th, hmm.

Race: 6th. Much better than I deserve.

I had a lot of fun and made few mistakes. Valerio followed me almost the whole race, only a few seconds between us. Thanks for a very long fight mate. I made a movie instead of a written report of my race. Please, never take anything I write here or in the clip too seriously. Consider everything bad jokes.

The serious part: Thanks Nicolai for the best league there is

Grats reik and podium!

Q:8th
R:dnf

I had good battle early in race with nico rouge got a good pass into 130r. I was 2 stop meds and into last stint was comfortable in 2nd gap to infront reik and gap to david behind so was just thinking of finishing and managed to spin exiting last chicane and lost front wheel on pit wall :facepalm: Race was good fun but could have ended better lol.

Cyas hockenheim !!

Here's my late report now.

First of all huge congrats to David M. and Jim for completing the podium and also big congrats to all finishers, who showed how rewarding a consistant drive can be. :cool:

Second thing I want to mention is that I feel very sorry for all drivers who didn't finish the race by different reasons. But especially I feel sorry for the unguilty ones! :frown: At least when entering the grid we all should finally remember that all the surrounding drivers put in a lot of preparation, passion and love for nice racing. There's no bigger demotivation than destroying this in the first turns of a 75 minutes race.

This is the strategy I used in the race:

1st stint: 17 laps, medium tires, 72 liters
2nd stint: 17 laps, medium tires, 64 liters
3rd stint: 15 laps, medium tires, 64 liters

I started with 72 liters fuel to be able to do 18 laps if needed. The idea was to be optional able to make two 18 laps stints on mediums and one 13 laps stint on softs. I think it would have worked too, because the mediums felt ok after 17 laps. But I didn't need to dare anything so I could push hard the last 15 laps on mediums with no regrat for the tires. :)

Qualify (1st):

The track was a little damp but it wasn't noticeable on the racing line. So I pushed hard in the out lap to get used to it and then made a solid fast lap being aware of not leaving the racing line. It worked well.

Race (1st):

Well, the story of my race is allready told with my words about my race strategy. I had a fine start and kept the 1st position from the start until crossing the finish line. I noticed the trouble around Tim and some others behind me, so I could concentrate on my own race early.

To all the drivers I lapped on track I can only say THANK YOU VERY MUCH! The awareness for me is very good.

thx to Nico, RD and MMG! :cool:

C U on track soon :wink:

Grats Reik, David McC and Jim, great job! And also all the finishers :)

My race report:
Qualify: 20th
I did the same as Jim I think it was, I crashed on my outlap! I think it was the exit of Degner 1. I got severe rear suspension damage and did my timed lap accordingly.

Race: DNF
98% of my practice/preperations was done with the same setup in race trim. I did a few qual laps before entering the race server though. When I was on the race server I loaded my race setup and went out for some pitting practice, but soon learned that I had problems with the balance of my car. Especially in the Dunlop curve i understeared and went off the road every lap.

I was very unsure if I should try adjust the setup or if it was all down to the different grip level in the practice session. I decided not to change anything, and hoped everything would be normal in the race session.

My race was a catastrophy. I made a big mistake early in the race (drove off in t1) and received damage. I decided to pit only for repairs on lap 8 I think. When I came out I was able to do some ok laps before my graphic card played it's trick, my screens were black for 10-15 seconds or so, and when I got back I was into a spin and crashed in the wall.

I also had my 7th gear surprisingly reaching the limiter and I was so surprised by this on the s/f straight on lap 19 or so that I braked too late for t1 and crashed again and this time for good.

It was a very poor race from me, I'll get back stronger in Hockenheim :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.2%