Season 7 Race 4 Suzuka - Setups

Reik Major

Premium
Hy guys,

today I had my first go at Suzuka and immediately felt comfortable. Like at Singapore I noticed my setup from last year isn't good anymore. I tested my latest ones from Monza and quickly could improve my PB from a 1:25:2xx (last year) to a 1:24:841. :redface:

So here's the setup. The tires get cooked after 2 laps, because of the low pressure but it's ok for Super Pole though. I did a quick try to make a race setup of it. The result felt good within a 6 laps test. But tires still reach a critical temperature... (some more tests required!)

Have fun! :cool:

Attachments

• R-Suzuka-F1-b race.svm
    2.6 KB · Views: 325
  • R-Suzuka-F1-b.svm
    2.6 KB · Views: 328
Having not tested properly yet, I appreciate any information on tyre selection/ strategy. Thank you.
This season my strategy has been simple, 2 stops and have fun rather than struggle with worn rubber. It may change.

Sean and I tested race setups on Mon night, we had issues with tyre wear after 10 laps or so, with worn tyre warnings at around 13-14 laps, sean was using Reiks set and myself a modded version of my Istan set, Sean had overheating issues, my temps seemed ok but still I had a bad loss of grip after 10 laps with my times dropping off badly (1.5-2 secs)

Not sure what to do, might just have to "wing it", here's the set I was using View attachment modded istan race.svm it's fairly stable and feels safe enough even when the tyres are shot

Jim

Sean and I tested race setups on Mon night, we had issues with tyre wear after 10 laps or so, with worn tyre warnings at around 13-14 laps, sean was using Reiks set and myself a modded version of my Istan set, Sean had overheating issues, my temps seemed ok but still I had a bad loss of grip after 10 laps with my times dropping off badly (1.5-2 secs)

What tyres did you use? Soft or medium?

Sorry for the poor information my friend, but the race is actually tonight :)

You can find the schedule in the first post of the calendar thread:
http://www.racedepartment.com/showthread.php?t=58541&p=861642#post861642

EDIT: But now that you have raised the subject, we need to decide when to do next round, which is scheduled for either next Wednesday or in two weeks. Something tells me that we would like a two weeks break now after 2 races back to back? Or am I mistaken?

Of course I didn't think to check! lol
For some reason, in my mind I was following a rhythm which led me to believe a practice race was forthcoming, oops lol

I'd better get practising! lol

...i'm happy to go with whichever date for the next race, i'll flow with the majority! :)

Thanks Nico!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back