Season 7 race 2 monza

Here's my late race report. Sorry for the delay guys.

But first of all thank you all for the great vids!!! They make such threads much more enjoyable. :wink:

Qualy (1st):

I was nervous as hell. Super Pole is a huge difference compared to doing relaxed hot laps. So it's normal being far away from your own PB. :rolleyes: I was happy to get on pole with a 1:19:1xx.

Race (1st):

- 1st stint: 20 laps, 80 liters, softs
- 2nd stint: 20 laps, 80 liters, softs
- 3rd stint: 15 laps, 65 liters, super softs

I had a very nice start but the guys behind me did well, too. I braked late and Tim in 2nd did, too. So when he left my mirror and disappeared into the dead angle, I left him the some space on the inside of T1. All went well through the first corners and after few laps my nervousness had disappeared.

Form start to finish my race was butter smooth. I'd say it was one of my best races ever. I had nearly no driving mistake, no big moments, where I would bring me in danger and the car by luck was very well balanced through a whole stint. Even at lap 18 or 19 on worn softs it was possible to drive low 1:21's. I had no fear the car could oversteer badly exiting quick corners and it was pure fun to some times silde in a controlled way at the exit of Ascari. :cool:

Through all the race I slowly built up a gap, first to David T. in 2nd, later to Tim, who gained 2nd position. That's how we finished.

I'm very happy that Tim again earned good points for 2nd so the pressure is still very high! Keep it rolling mate. :redface: Also big congrats to David T. in 3rd and all other finishers. Well done!

Again big thx to Nico, RD and MMG! :cool:

C U at Singapore guys (a track I realy hate :tongue:)

PS:
It makes me happy to see Dave having a very fine pace. I like to see more from you soon. :wink:
I'm glad you stayed here and I hope the high quality of this race has proved that the debate before had a positive effect on it.(that's what I believe)

It makes me happy to see Dave having a very fine pace. I like to see more from you soon. :wink:
I'm glad you stayed here and I hope the high quality of this race has proved that the debate before had a positive effect on it.(that's what I believe)

Thanks Reik, I think you're right, we all seemed to drive a clean race with little or no cutting from anyone :)
Hopefully one day, i'll be able to overcome the consistency problem I have and instead, begin finishing in the points hehe That would be one of the first steps I'd need to overcome before I can even think about really putting the pressure on some of the top guys here especially like yourself!! :D If ever the day comes where I happen to get behind you for example, I can guarantee I'll make a "balls up" and wont be behind you for long, pressure is a sod, of which I put myself under a bit too much sometimes lol

Its all good though! :cool:

I have to write a clarification. I'm impressed that everyone was driving so perfectly clean, not only the old PrestoGP foxes. It sounded wrong the part about experience. I don't know what the newer guys have been doing before joining Presto:)

For me, I never read too much into it mate, so no offence caused here! :cool: Although I have little experience of big races in MMG, before joining here i've had quite a few races with lots of people in on the F3000, usually finishing 1st-3rd most the time and the only guy from here i'm aware of that i've raced with in that formula is Gaetano (horus3000), who also usually beat me as well :rolleyes: lol But then, my excuse is, I only ever had the setups available from the download section lol, of which I always used the same one most the time anyway made by a guy called MFT4.

Looking forward to the rest of the season! Just hope I can finish a bit more too! hehe :tongue:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 60 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.7%