Season 7 Practice Race 3 Singapore

My race did not last more than 6 laps, i used Reik setup with rear wings adjusted to 58 and i was on softs with 62 liters of fuel , i had perfect grip for 3 laps then my car start sliding all over the place and by lap 6 the grip was gone ,i looked at my telemetry and i saw the tires on the right side were covered with red and the tire temp was over 115C and the tire degradation on the right side was way more than the left but all wheels were on softs , Sean was behind me he might noticed that i was skidding .. did anyone who used Reik setup noticed something similar ?

Thx Reik for providing the setup but something must be checked maybe?

Thx Valter for hosting this prac race :):)..

Was great race me and tim ( grats ) all way through always small gap up and down, i thought i could maybe get him towards end of stints i felt faster but last few laps whn i got close i spin and lost time thn another spin n fwing last lap was great fun tho would have been better with grandstand finish. Were you sweating tim lol ? i was soaking after race, i thought i was in singapore:cool:

I just used my 1 with softs wear was slight more to 1 side but max temp was about 105, i did 2 stopper 56L each run

I used a DIY setup. As usual I began testing with a healthy base setting from one of the skilled makers.
The good setup I started to work on did have tyre overheating problems.

To get the temperatures down I lowered the negative camber angle a lot and increased the tyre pressure.
The setup ended up with maximum camber and low pressures on the left side and very small camber on the right side.
Spring settings and bumps very soft to avoid to much heating.
After many test runs I finally had a setup that was balanced and didn't overheat the right side tyres.

Wing setting: 11/59 Compound: Soft

Maximum tyre temps °C when overdriving slightly:

FL 91 FR 98

RL 97 RR 102

I thougt that the tyre teperature problem was the most important fault to get rid of but I was wrong.
It looks like high negative camber is more important than keeping the temperatures inside the optimum window.
Can this equation be solved without getting the same overheat problem that Anthony had? With hard compound tyres maybe, lol.

Another thing.
I think the straight before the pit entrance should have a dedicated left lane for those who are making a stop. If you have a car close behind, you never can be sure that it is safe to turn left and brake. An overtaking ban on that straight would prevent misunderstandings.

Hmm, that is interesting information regarding the tyre temps and wing settings used.

I find that any front wing setting over nine uncomfortable for me to drive. I was testing at Mugello pre-season, a track where high-downforce is an advantage, and 10+ on the front wing caused me to fight the car mid corner. I felt that i hit a personel limit with the front wing settings.

I will do a test run over the weekend. Fairly certain I am using less wing 7/ 46 for Singapore atm...

Thank you for sharing the info. :)

Hey Thony, I'm sorry you got in trouble with my setup. Usually I'm only posting qualy setups, because I make my race tests very close to the event. So I did with the singapore setups. Didn't you do some laps with more fuel prior the event so you would have a chance to explore such things? :rolleyes:

My qualy setups may tend to overheating tires in a race, because I drive lower tire pressures to have optimum temps quickly and maybe a little more grip (not sure about the grip). When I try to make a race setup from the qualy setup and I notice the tires are overheating, then I most likely increase the tire pressure and lower the negative camber a little bit.

At Singapore it's a normal thing that the right side tires are getting warmer. Last year we had light rain, so I didn't know it would be so tricky with tire temps...

However, in the meantime I explored the same thing like Peter (interesting find mate! Now I know I'm not alone). Three days ago or so, I still wasn't happy with my qualy pace and the setup's balance. So I tryed my setup from China (wings are something like 8/40 or so), only changed the gears and quickly did a new personal best (1:28:918). I also tryed it with 10/50 but didn't have enough time to get to know if it's better or worse. But I remember the car being more tricky with the highter wing settings.

I think I can do some more tests this afternoon and then I'll post the new setup in the setup thread. :cool:

btw: I was hoping to read some more reports and experiences about the test race here. Can someone tell something about the results, how many drivers did start, how many finished? Was there any trouble with the pit entrance and exit?

13 starting, 6 finishing.

I had a little trouble going in to pit. I tried to go to the right in the last corner and wait for free track. But the trailing car followed me and touched lightly. It was stupid maybe, I have the car in front as reference when I follow someone. It's easy to go off if the leader does so.

Hey Thony, I'm sorry you got in trouble with my setup. Usually I'm only posting qualy setups, because I make my race tests very close to the event. So I did with the singapore setups. Didn't you do some laps with more fuel prior the event so you would have a chance to explore such things? :rolleyes:

Hey Reik please do not worry about it , it was a practice race after all :).

i honestly have been too busy with work and never got the chance to test and adjust any setup to my style with race fuel , so at the last practice race i had little time to decide what setup to test, i had Valters setup from online handy but when i tried it with fuel for couple of laps during the practice session it felt a bit soft for my driving and at 4:30 am my mind do not work to test and adjust anything :tongue:, so your setup was the quickest option for me to use it in that race, i most of the time feel comfortable driving it right away without any major changes , so i added a bit more of rear wings as i normally do with most of your setups in previous races and jumped in the race, but this time i was surprised how weird the car behaved and how quickly the grip disappeared lol ..

yeh that is the challenge of driving on this track , i will try to adopt some of Valters ideas to see if that will solve the issue .

Thx Valter for the interesting information :)...

Hi guys, missed the practice race, and again as much as I was looking forward to the race at this track, i'm afraid I gotta pull out of this race which I believe is tonight?

Will be in the next one for sure! The reason is, the wife and I are spending a lot of quality time together this week after tying the knot at the weekend... finally :)

Hi guys, missed the practice race, and again as much as I was looking forward to the race at this track, i'm afraid I gotta pull out of this race which I believe is tonight?

Will be in the next one for sure! The reason is, the wife and I are spending a lot of quality time together this week after tying the knot at the weekend... finally :)
Congratulations Russell family:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back