Season 7 - Calendar

Here is the provisional calendar for season 7. The rounds marked in green corresponds directly to the f1 race the weekend before, the rounds in orange are f1 races this season that falls outside our calendar. India has not been made I think, so this we probably have to swap for something else. Korea is un-tested, but is availeble I believe (right Peter?):

We always race the same time on Wednesday night (see below). We are considering tweaking the length and format for some of the sessions. However, the start of qualify (8pm) and the end of the race (9:35pm) will remind the same. All times are UK time.

Practice (optional): 7.00pm-7.56pm
Practice start: 7:56pm-8.00pm
Qualify: 8.00pm-8:26pm
Warmup: 8:26pm-8:32pm
Race: 8:32pm-9:35pm

Round 1: 31st of August at Spa, ? laps
Round 2: 14th of September at Monza, ? laps
Round 3: 28th of September at Singapore, ? laps
Round 4: 12th of Oktober at Suzuka, 49 laps
Round 5: 26th of Oktober at Hockenheim, 56 laps
Round 6: 09th of November at A1-ring, 61 laps
Round 7: 16th of November at Abu Dhabi, 43 laps
Round 8: 30th of November at Interlagos, 61 laps
Round 9: 14th of December at Hungaroring, 58 laps
Round 10: 21st of December at Valencia Street, 45 laps

This is as I said a provisional calendar, so any views, ideas and suggestions can be posted in this thread :)

Korea is un-tested, but is availeble I believe (right Peter?):

Correct. :) The track really does require testing. Several of the comments of users do not inspire confidence.

Korea International Circuit:

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=29971

79 Montreal:
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=28702
I believe this version of Montreal is worth consideration. The pits, curbs, etc are different but it is fun. :) Strange glitch on S/F requires Flags to be turned off

Bahrain, though politically a poor choice, is an option maybe worth consideration also.

I'd enjoy the older layout [2003] myself, but...
Spa 2008:
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=32697

Hungaroring would have to be the add on circuit as I don't have Race On.

And I'll add that I enjoy the Valencia Street circuit. The curbs and walls are an excellent challenge.:cool:

Thx Nico for this calendar, it sounds good with many nice tracks to race on..

i personally would prefer if we could pick one track of these 3 tracks " Valecia, Hangaroring and Singapore " ---i would go for Valencia--- and replace the other 2 tracks with the one that Peter suggested, 79 Montreal and Bahrain ..

my intention is not to start a new debate on what tracks we like or dislike as i know it is impossible to have a perfect calendar to suite everyone but the reason i prefer Montreal and Bahrain over the other 2 is because they are different style F1 tracks and new tracks to us and that means new challenge and more fun :) ...

Anthony.

I follow the suggestions from above posts. In general I like tracks which are safe and self regulating.

A long time ago, we had a world series event at bahrain and it showed great passing opportunities at the end of the straights. In addition it has no places where cutting plays a role. It also has a very tricky layout which causes everyone to make mistakes but it won't end your race if you leave the track, because of its big gravel zones.

Round 5: 19th/26th of Oktober at Korea
Round 6: 02nd/09th of November at India

These two rounds are likely that we need to change, as India (to my knowledge) has not been made, and the availeble version of Korea seems to be a bit of a beta version.

This would make room for two other tracks.

The biggest arguement for not changing Singapore is that it is one out of 6 tracks that directly corresponds to the real f1 race in season 7. This does not mean that we have to keep it at all costs, if nobody likes it it is not worth keeping :)

Round 9 and 10 "only" corresponds to f1 races that took place during Presto GP's summer holiday, and therefore it is slightly less sacrelegius to change them :)

They are all fine tracks and well done.

I like to through in an other fine track - Mugello. It is done very accurate and has a very nice flow. We used it for the second beta race with the MMG mod a long time ago. It has a safe pit entrance and exit and there aren't any dangerous places on the track (if I remember right). So it could be a good place for great racing with some safety margins.

Of course, I understand that we don't want to discuss new tracks every season but I'd suggest it as a test track, if we want to make test events prior the next season. It would be a good (safe) place, if we'd like to test a race without pit speed limiter...

the calendary for me is ok the first 8 trachs like me still i dont know korea and india!!i hope for the 10 track valenzia street!!
hungaroring?...maeby hokenaim is a correct decide!!!but im agree with a good idea from reik mugello is very fantastic!!
im agree with anyone decide!!

horus3000!

sorry my englesh!!

So far the following tracks have been suggested (as far as I can see):

Bahrain
Montreal 79
Hockenheim
A1-Ring
Mugello

Melbourne we did this season and is expected to reappear in season 8, so I don't think it should be a candidate this season :)

Is Magny Cours an alternative? We haven't raced there since the age of f3000, don't remember it well enough to know if it is likely to be a good event or not.

We had the very first beta race with the MMG F1 at Magny Course. It's definitely a challenge because of the quick middle sector chicanes and the tough final chicane with its huge curbs. I only see a little problem with the first quick chicane and the last chicane, because it's easy to break our "white-line-rule" accidenticaly. Personally it doesn't care me much because I think we can handle it but it could enforce the debate again...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%