Season 6 Race 9 Barcelona - Setup thread

Hy!

This is my setup from my first test yesterday. I don't expect big changes to be made on it. But if I do, I'll let you know. If some are curious I also attached my so far best lap.

Have fun racers! :wink:

Attachments

• Reik-FPES-Barca07-1-16-548.Vcr
    108 KB · Views: 255
  • Reik-Barca-F1-ac.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 338
Thanx guys for sharing. You guys in top five - Can anyone tell me if I should choose a high downforce or a low downforce Q setup? What is faster here? I'm not able to decide what to use just by driving with different setups. I get about same laptime with both characteristics.

Hmmm...

I started testing with the setup from istanbul using df something around 1/20. When increasing it my laptimes got better. Finally I reached a wing setup of 4/26 and did my so far PB with it. I don't know if even more wing can result in better lap times, because I did this approach within the first 40 minutes I had time to test so far. If I find littel more time, I'll test it but I also need littel time to test with a race setup.

In general you can say, that on such tracks you'll use a littel more wing in Q and a little less wing in race because you want downforce in Q but don't want to be overtaken on the long straight in R.

atm it seems I'll stay with this wing settings for Q and R...

Thanks for the explanation Reik. I hoped you would say more wing is faster:) I like the high downforce setups that make the car turn in easy.
I used your setup when I got my fastest time. The diff is small between the different wing settings I've tried, for me, maybe one or two tenths. With more wing on I loose the small curve speed gain out on the straights. A classic case of Catch-22:)

I tried Reik setup and looks very good but the rear is a bit lose for me, so i am stuck with it for the moment but adjusted the wings to 5/31 and the best i could do is 117-4 :tongue:...

thanks Reik and thanks Guys for the setups :)

Hey Thony, you know I allways like the ass a little more to push. :)

This helps me being fast through medium speed corners. For example through the middle sector quick right hander after the chicane. I lift the throttle shortly before turning in and a short moment after turning I can accelerate hard, maybe even before reaching the apex. The tendency of oversteer prevends me from going wide caused by under steering. And I can carry much speed out of the corner(s).

Of course the car needs some sensible aceleration, especially out of slower corners and if the tires are worn...

Hey Thony, you know I allways like the ass a little more to push. :)

i always like the car a bit towards over-steer than under-steer for the same reasons you mentioned in your post but i am still not yet fit enough to handle a nervous ass, therefore i added a bit more wings to the rear to tighten the ass lol.. i really like the setup but :)

this track will be very hard to follow someone very close and overtake, it is easy to miss the braking point ..

I can't say it often enough, that you do a great job when driving nearly as fast as the top drivers, even though your injured shoulder is a big obstacle! Very well done!

Hey Valter, I had time to do a little more laps now and I found out that higher wing is better for a fast lap. :) If it's also good for race4, I don't know.

Today I started again with my earlier posted setup and couldn't go in the low 1:16's again. So I tryed my last China setup and immediately did a 1:16:4xx. Some small tuning and now I have this setup. You'll feel glued to the tarmac!!! :tongue:

Have fun. :wink:

Attachments

• Reik-Barca-f1-d.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 588
  • Reik-FPES-Barca07-1-16-255.Vcr
    107.4 KB · Views: 287
I can't say it often enough, that you do a great job when driving nearly as fast as the top drivers, even though your injured shoulder is a big obstacle! Very well done!

Thx Riek :redface:, i am trying to be consistent :)..

i will try ur new setup to see if I can go faster than the first one..i am too busy atm to have my own one..

thx

Hey Valter, I had time to do a little more laps now and I found out that higher wing is better for a fast lap. :) If it's also good for race4, I don't know.

Today I started again with my earlier posted setup and couldn't go in the low 1:16's again. So I tryed my last China setup and immediately did a 1:16:4xx. Some small tuning and now I have this setup. You'll feel glued to the tarmac!!! :tongue:

Have fun. :wink:

Excellent setup Master Reik, the car is well balanced and with few laps i was able to do a new PB of 1,17-00..:good::good:

the only change made was the caster from 3.0 to 5.5.. that is it ..:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%