Season 6 Race 6 Sepang post race

I too had been snowed under with work and hadn't driven since last week, I arrived late to the race server and only managed a couple of incomplete laps with race fuel and tyres in the dry before the heavens opened, that was the sum total of my race prep:rolleyes:

I think this actually helped as I didn't push hard at all during the race for fear of losing control, so I just ran steady and consistent laps whilst never being particularly fast, tyres held up nicely and no "offs"

This is in sharpe contrast to my decision before the season to push harder in races, which tbh hasn't really gone well

Time for a rethink

Jim

PS. I was also using a modded version of my Melb set up

Congratulations! :) Reik is like Vettel uncatchable. Jim and Cristian for nice podium! and very special Congrats to Nico for his best Race!

Q; 9th
R: computer crash at 37 laps

I left my work a little late and Join PrestoGP in Q. 12 mins left to end. . my time was -.267 from my best lap. 9th I think nice place..

My start was very well 9 to 7 on first turn, I enjoy a lot first 8 laps battle with Nico, Peter, Anthony thanks guys! that was a nice race

My computer starting video issues after my stop, 45fps 30fps about 1 second intermittent, this happen about 15 times on race, spinning a lot, I felt no confident, but 8th was a nice place to no retirement the race, finally big Windows PC crash video freeze blue scream :frown: at 37 laps DNF. everyone knows how hard when this happen..

Congrats to all for very nice start at Sepang, Great!

Thanks to PrestoGP, Race Director for organization, for the friend of all Nico :)

see u at China..

Congratulations Reik, Jim and Cristian.

Q:15
R:13

I could copy my team mate report, for my race was almost the same

First part of the race was so nice. I had Valerio, Valter, Anthony M, Bob and Tom to trade positions with.
Thanks guys you made it worth while to participate. :)

At L14 I had lost all grip in the tires and started to lose contact with the group.

The rest of the race was a battle with myself and occasionally let some lapping cars by.

CU in china

Q:p2 1:29:1XX
R:p3

If i had not had two spins Reike it would surely have however me recovered,he has made a superb recovery CONGRATULATION; I thank him to have given me the possibility to conduct for the firts time a competition for the first 10 laps.
The warm points of my competition from here in they have correctly brought them Jim and Nico Congratulation and thx for a nice race:)

Guys thank you very much for your congratulations!!!!

I'm sorry I never found the time to write a report :( It was much more important to apology to David T. in the incidents thread. I'm glad he accepted it and sorry again...

Qualy: pole with 1:28:7xx

Race: 1st

I had a not so could start in this race. The start itself went well, but untill first corner I received two blue flag warnings. This disturbed me a little bit, so I nearly spun with cool tires in T1. Only locking all 4 tires avoided a complete spin. (I can recommend this technique to everyone, who is on a good way to a spin)
Into T2 I recovered around 6th position and made some quick passes to get back in 4th soon. In lap 3 I rear ended David T. (see incident report:frown:) and waited for him to pass me. Now I was 9th and chased some guys (sorry, I don't remember who). In the bunch of cars I made some smaller and bigger mistakes, because I was bad in judging their breaking points and some times had to avoid contacts by leaving the track.
But lap by lap I got used to it and was able to climb up in the ranks into 2nd short time before pit stops. After the stop I was around 5th or so, but when every one had done his stop I had reached the top.
Finally I brought it home in 1st, which I'm happy about, but the fact I ruined Davids race doesn't make me feel happy this time...

thx Nico, RD and MMG!!!

C U soon in China

Congrats to Reik, Jim, and Cristian. Could someone maybe sneak 50kg of ballast on Reik's car so we can slow him down to human level?

Quali: P3, 1:29.250. This was about 0.4s improvement of my personal best, a very surprising qualification for me.

Race Strategy: The weather report was somewhat vague, but I felt it left a good probability of rain during the race. We knew from the practice start that it would at least start dry, so my strategy was to keep my dry setup, but load my car full of 150l fuel, and install Hard tires. This way I could drive far into the race, and if it did rain I wouldn't have to re-think a fuel strategy, and also if it rained later in the race I could maybe have one stop less than many people who typically pit at the mid-point of the race on a softer compound.

Race: P7. I started out decent with my super heavy car, I got a little bump going into turn one, but kept it together and missed all the incidents. After that I just tried to keep it together and drive well enough so it would be hard to pass me. I stayed in the top 5 until about lap 11, and then made mistakes on laps 14 and 16, costing me a total of maybe 12 seconds and many positions. These mistakes were really the downfall of my strategy, as I finished less than 10 seconds behind P3. Once there was 15 laps to go I started to decide it was not going to rain, so I pit on lap 26/27, switched to Medium tires and went very fast on those tires, 12 straight very fast laps judging by the gaps graph. I might have been able to get away with Soft compound actually, but I didn't do enough testing to be confident.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%