Season 6 Race 5 Melbourne - Setup thread

This is a track I am pretty unfamiliar with, but I cobbled together a decent setup so far. It's Arno's Melbourne setup, but I added Jere's damper settings from Nurburgring which seemed to stabilize the car for me, still a little dangerous on the exit of slow corners though. Motec says it will do 1:22.5 for me but I need to drive better, I've got 1:23.1 so far.

View attachment F1 1'23'197.svm

Good luck and happy testing.

Thank you David and Tim [and all others to come].

Wrong thread to post this I know, however, I believe B.S.T. starts Sunday, March 27. Aussies will need to get up an hour earlier for the Melbourne race.

Thank you David and Tim [and all others to come].

Wrong thread to post this I know, however, I believe B.S.T. starts Sunday, March 27. Aussies will need to get up an hour earlier for the Melbourne race.

That is correct sir:D

It should help with Tims sunrise glare issues:cool: if not he should move to England, we don't get a sunrise, it just becomes gradualy "less dark"

Jim

Good point Jim! It should indeed get me through. When does Europe summer time finish? I seem to remember ours and yours change at sort of the same time so as to confuse us to the maximum. If this doesn't work I promise to consider moving to England and enjoying sun free sim-racing!

heres my hotlap and setup, the setups is mainly tims setup (thanks again) with some small changes to suit my style.

Attachments

• Australian Grand Prix_110323_1823_Qualify HOT LAP.Vcr
    52.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 1.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 325
Initially Reik, your configuration seems strange!

However, the car is very fun to drive, it slows down terribly well, and despite the little apuis on the front, it passes the curves rather well!

So my second impression is: awesome! I want to say that we do not become champion by accident ...

So in order to it use myself, I must work my line of conduct and practice to understand what is the best gear ratio to be adopted in every corner. Got me some job in a short time ...

a beautiful work, daring, balanced, efficient.

Hi guys
Q set up 5/36
R set up 8/48, its high on down foce to keep you alive here in Melbourne.
good luck

Attachments

• turbo_q.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 329
  • turbo_r.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 244
1.22.609 this morning after 5 laps, my PB!

I confirm... wonderfull job Reik!

thx Fabrice :wink: :redface:

You should know that "my" setups have many inputs from other ones setups before, because of this setup discussing process here. I benefited most from Jere Heikkinens setups in the closer past. Also Anthony had big influence (remembering Monaco for example).

I'm not a good setup maker from scratch, but I learned how to tweak an already good setup to make it suit me better.

This Melbourne setup has most of its base in the Nürburgring setup and that came originaly from Mark Sorensen.

Fabrice, I don't know how new you are to this mod, so you should know, that it has some flaws in setups, you wouldn't think of naturally. For example the front toe needs very high negative values. I was aproximately half a second slower when I didn't knew this.... So feel free to ask if you wonder about "strange" values.

Thank you, I did not know everything.

Do you mean toe-in before that everybody use to -1.00? I don't know this defect, but I put -1.00 anyway because everybody does that. :rolleyes:

For cons, I read in a forum that there is a inversion values ​​for the difference, but anyway, this is one parameter that I can speak less. So I try different values ​​from others.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back