Season 6 Race 10 Monaco - Setup thread

Yesterday, when trying Reik's setup, i can't realized a great performance, even if i found the car with a good grip.
Then, i have shift down the wings to 9/48 and found quickly a 1.11.970, it work better for me than the 10/55 original.
I also adjuste breaking to 54-46 with a few less pressur (92% i think).

... if that's can help some one.

Sean, would you like to make a very short step-by-step guide, how you make this video? I mean which presets you use in fraps and if there's a little free tool out there to get the 30 second parts easily combined...

Maybe I can upload my 1:10:755 to youtube soon... :) :)

Edit: btw, very good lap Sean. If you got the right hander before the hairpin better and also Rivazza tighter, then my 1:10:755 was in danger.

It took me a while to learn, that tight lines without sliding is key in Monaco. Driving it this way makes you spend less time in slow sections and you are able to accelerate early.

@ Nicholai

I was curious and tested your setup. I was surprised because you and Anthony find it to be very grippy but for me accelerating was much trickier. Maybe because of your setup uses -3,0 chamber in the rear and less rear wing in relation to the front wing?

I made some changes to your setup to make it handling better for me, without making big changes to the basis. I thought you might be interested, so I attached it. I was able to drive a 1:11:4xx with this version.

If I changed more things it would get closer to my setup but I didn't want it to be so. I'm just curious if it now still suits your style, or if it leads away from your style?

Attachments

• Nicolai-Monaco-F1 b.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 221
I have continued my prospections, after have try Mills settings, and adapted the Reik's setup with my observations of Mills'one. I'm feel now very comfortable with my car at wings 9/44, and i have made a lap at 1.11.667s. I seem that i should improve to reach 1.10.***

My approach had consist to get down as much as possible the downforce, however keeping the necessary grip to stay on a very stretched driving line (as said Reik, it's the way to be fast in monaco).

After that, i'm go back with more downforce, and perceived that i don't need it.

I join the file for anyone will be interrested:

Attachments

• FAB by Reik's one 1-11-667.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 195
Ye reik those two small off racing line parts i was talking about, i can take them ok to just putting whole lap together has to be spot on here, i would like to see your 10.7 :cool: would be awsome!!
I just use fraps i have full copy so as long as you want, i set lower resolutions to keep sizes down for longer clips. That one is 1280x720 res, settings 30 fps and half size. Ill upload a full 1280x720 at 60 fps and full size to see the difference in quality but twice size file to upload, also with some comentary for david :tongue:.

I was doing very high 1:12 and low 1:13 consistently, then I went on the server Friday or Saturday and immediately did 1:11.2 with no setup change and little effort. It reminded me of Suzuka and Singapore last season when the grip levels were changing, because I can't even come within a second of that time again.

It would be interesting to see the replay of your fastest lap in the high 12's and the one of your 1:11:2xx. I think with the experience from many laps there the last weeks it should be easy to see, if you did a perfect lap accidentically or if it was due to better grip.

Maybe you are able to upload them here? For me it wasn't possible as my file was too big.

Maybe you are able to upload them here? For me it wasn't possible as my file was too big.

I wonder, in my Replay Theatre I have replays of all the sessions + a hotlap replay of my fastest lap in the session. I am unsure if this hotlap is it's own file, but if it is it should be small. (Hotlap-replay can be turned on and off in the options in the game).

I know Nicolai. :)

Usually my hotlap files are something like 100 - 150 kb. But the Monaco hotlap is 266 kb. Of course a whole session is some mb big. Maybe the maximum filesize for upload is 200 or 250 kb? It isn't written in the attachment manager.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back