Season 6 Race 1 Silverstone - Setup thread

Here is my start on a setup.

The break must have done me some good. I ran a PB on my very first lap :cool: and then tuned and improved slightly. Only a 1'15 flat... one session

View attachment BritishGP_qual.svm

EDIT (1):
Thank you for the feedback. :) I'm not convinced that low wing is the way to go.

I usually only spend a minimal amount of time preparing for any given race [~3hrs] and so I greatly appreciate these threads and your comments regarding anyone's setup.

IMO, if our wing settings are roughly the same [and tyre choice also], we should have some close racing on the day. :cool:

I'll work on my race fuelled car setup in the next sessions and expect to run wings something like [or inbetween] 4/18 to 5/ 27. It depends also on what everyone else is doing.

P.S. should we stick to one post per driver in the setup thread?
and is everyone going to post their setups?

Edit 2: Thanks to all contributers - Jim, Jere, Reik, Tim, Nico, Vale, Anthony and all to come.... Appreciated
:)

Edit 3: My race setup. I spent a little bit of time attempting to balance the car with 82 L onboard. First I did a 23 lap run to see what I thought was wrong.

Then I started adding Rear Third Spring [60 n/mm] in an atempt to reduce the wobble entering Stowe corner with some apparent effect. Then I increased the Front Fast Rebounds and I think it feels better. I still have to do a fair bit of "wheel work" to get around Club corner; that's the fun bit
:) Added a little more tyre pressue on the left side also...

Anyone else considering putting on a Hard Front Left tyre and three Mediums everywhere else in the pit stop menu?

A slightly updated setup; close to final.
View attachment BritishGP_Race.svm

thx guys. I'll post a setup as soon as I was able to test a little. Most likely it won't be possible before this wednesdays practice event.

@ Tim:
It's normally hard to reach your pace, if it's long time ago and you have already been very close to your own limit at this time long ago. But it comes back, you'll see... :)

I tried any set up. Peter is very low wings (same my setup start ) after tried Tim more wings but I improve my PB of 1,7 sec. change only "Diff coast" more low percentuage and plus one click "Ride Height" front and rear,it suits my driving style thanks Tim:).

PS:a word if I may a bit off topic. I always thought and believed that the mental state is of great importance in the success of my race more than to be rested so sometime is not the setup of car but is setup of mind:)Sure relax and good setup = big result

After a nice test run this evening I post my qualy setup and a race setup (with minor differences to the qualy setup). I used both setups in the test race. Don't know if they are of final quality though...

Attachments

• R-Silverstone-F1 ba race.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 290
  • R-Silverstone-F1 ba.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 331
Here's my final setup and I attached also a hotlap replay. Car is very heavy to drive and you need very accurate driving lines, when you are using this wing.

I recommend to use other wings in the beginning. Wings like 4-18, 5-20, 6-24 (Gear7Setting=66) and 7-28 (Gear7Setting=66) gave me time 1.13,6-,7. There was also about 2 tenths reserves to improve yet, when I used other wings.

Attachments

• britishgp 1 13 4 jereh.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 291
  • Britishgp 1 13 4 jereh.Vcr
    39.3 KB · Views: 253
Here's my setups from last season (or was it the one before?):confused:

"test1" is a q setup good for low 14s, "race this" is obviously a race set which will go into the 16s although not for me last night as I am well rusty:tongue:

Jim

Attachments

• test1 mrb#4se.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 231
  • race this.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 299
thx everyone for posting setups!

Wow Jere! Didn't know that so much wing would result in fast times. My setup is based on Watkins Glen setup and I use wings ~ 2/18.

But I think defending in race with too much wing could be hard on straights(?).

I dont expect much interest in my setup but since the rule is for all post to setups, here it is. This is the setup I turtled to 7th and 5th with in the practice race. It is based on Tims qual setup posted earlier. I used medium in race 1 and hard in race 2.

Attachments

• F1 Tim Silver 1bM2.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 259
Hi Guys
It has been long, looking forward for season 6. I created a set up with high down force;
I believe it will keep me on track all the way thru. Good luck.
Aqua Vista Racing

Everybody that haven't already should post their setup asap. If you are using somebody else's, just make a post where you tell us, giving the creator some deserved acknowledgement.

For new guys in the league, this is one of our possibly unique rules, that setups are shared publicly (in this thread). The setup on our F1 mod is flawed and is not part of the competition, therefore it is a requirement to share your setup (or let us know who's you are using).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back