Season 6 - General stuff

What one could do is for the guys that have trouble to do an ongoing ping test to an external ip-address (e.g. local newspaper) for the duration of the event. If one experience problems one can see if it was an unstable line that caused it. If the ping test show no lost packages during the time of trouble we can rule out the local internet connection.

Next step would then be to do the same test towards the server during the next race etc etc.

As you all remember i had lots of disconnections during season 4 , almost with every race and i had the internet provider technicians to come to my house several times to try to solve the issue but they could not find anything wrong with my connection...

at the start of season 5 I asked my cousin " he is a computer engineer" to come and check the connection, after he checked everything he suggested to change the normal setting of the ANTIVIRUS I have to GAME MODE setting and this mode would stop the antivirus from running any updates or any sudden scheduled scan tasks that might cause the internet from running correctly during gaming , now I am not sure if that what solved the problem but since then I did not have any single drop for the whole season 5 until now...:tongue:

You might try that and see if it works for you.. :)

cheers..

My connection issues seemed quite random. I did notice more lag on the server than usual during qual, though not so much as to be a big problem. All the practice starts went smoothly, qualifying went smoothly, then just before the end I realised that there was not enough chat, I then checked the other cars and found them all frozen. I reluctantly left the server and tried to re-enter, everytime I re-entered I would seem to be in and could drive the car, but it became obvious very quickly that I was alone.

I'm not sure what the cause was, but I do wonder whether it was related to the server being at full capacity. It's been a long time since we had an absolutely full server. After Reik was dropped and Anthony came in, clearly the server was having to reject people, perhaps it got confused and forgot about me.

But I'll be back to race another day.

Now when there is a blue flag bug, maybe we should try to race without flag rules.
If we permit full speed in pit lane the time for changing tyres will be reduced, and more F1 like.
There is no chance to collide in the pit lane; we just drive through each other like before.
You can see who is behind in XD, so the lapping should not be a big problem?
Edit: The map is a good help too, makes it easier to keep track of the leaders.

I recall someone [maybe Tim?] who mentoned that if drivers join the grid during the last 10 seconds of countdown may cause a Blue Flag issue at the start of races. Maybe that was it?

It could be... can't remember, I thought I joined when it was closer to 20 seconds left... However, Guatano didn't join the second race, he stayed in the garage (so that the counter went to 0 with one car was still in the garage), maybe that throws our solid simulator-game off equlibrium as well?!

EDIT: interesting idea from Valter about no speed limit in pits. however, I cannot help it but to get the feeling that it might be a bit chaotic... so it is impossible to crash other cars as soon as you pass the pit entry? (I know I do not crash them in their pit box, but also on the way to the pit box?)

Do our races not count towards ranking points these days? I know they used to, is it hard to fix?

Jim

I would think it had to do with the GPCos-system. I have looked at it several times before without understanding how to work it. Now that I am trying to minimise admin tasks I have decided to leave it alone.

However, if anybody want's to have a go at it, be my guest :) I can feed you with the log files needed :)

Hay to all of ya being a Long time .I remember I was on my way back into the league but was aneble to start off ,I have moved from Germany to Kenya and had to get everything settled well . If everything is the I want it to be and as I finish the tonnes of work ahead of me I´d still like to be a member on the Track in further.
Happy Valentines Day to all of you out there.

I have started to get intrested in racing F1's at Simbin's race series once again and I was only wondering if anyone could provide me with a time table for the race day. (what time Practice starts, qualify and so on.) And how long is the racing distance?

European Series: Practice anytime, the servers are always available. Quali @ 2000 GMT, race distance about 1 hour.
Pacific Series: Practice anytime, the servers are always available. Quali @ 2230 GMT, race distance about 1 hour.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back