Season 5 rules discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is the option in RSRBR2013 of tyre wear I've discovered, but haven't tested it yet.
do you reckon it should be added?
Based on what I'm currently experiencing in Rallyesim championships, the Worn tyre wear kinda lessen the grip on all kinds of Grip you use, when it's combined with Wet Grip it's more tricky to drive. I can't feel any difference between New and Normal wear though.

In Rellyesim sometimes they use Worn on the very first stage or the first stage after service, sometimes a series of stages. If you choose to include this feature I suggest to start using the Worn wear on the 3rd (or maybe 2nd) and so on stages until service so it would be a bit realistic.

I think the wear option refers to the track wear instead of tyre wear because a "worn" stage looks different and is grippier than a "new" one. It is made to simulate running last on the road or a second pass trough a stage were many cars have passed already, this happens in the original RBR season when you are in first possition in a rally and on the next day you start after all the other cars that have already cleaned the track and thus made it grippier.

Here is a new stage:

rbr248.png

here is a worn one:

rbr247c.png

the visual effect can only be noticed in the original RBR rallyes and stages in their original suface I think but the grip varies in every stage.

You're right, here's from the Rallyesim forums:

Wear : New!
Choosing wear plays on the surface of the special behavior of tires on it.
  • New : New Surface
  • Normal : Normal to slightly worn surface (surface defect)
  • Worm : Surface damage

It seems however, that a worn track has less grip than a new track.

Like Manuel Showed, I remember it from the original game but never tested it out enough to see if there was a difference in grip. Manuel De Samaniego and other experienced drivers, is there a significant change?
I was delighted when i read it would be included in RSRBR so I hope it will work and/or be fixed for the future :)

Just post the rules ang regulations Jack, you are killing me (and probably I'm not the only one!) :D

Like Manuel Showed, I remember it from the original game but never tested it out enough to see if there was a difference in grip. Manuel De Samaniego and other experienced drivers, is there a significant change?
I was delighted when i read it would be included in RSRBR so I hope it will work and/or be fixed for the future :)

Just post the rules ang regulations Jack, you are killing me (and probably I'm not the only one!) :D

From trying it in the original game I thought it was an advantage and I certainly remember better grip especially in the snow but Michael is aslo right, the track gets a little damaged as I remember some holes in the road in Japan getting full of water when it rained which made it slippery. I guess it's something good when it's dry but bad in the rain as Fernando suggests, definitely an interesting thing to play with. If only there was a way to make it so the first car on the road had to clean the road and the guys behind had a cleaner road it would be very interesting as you could simulate what happened when the rally leaders had to clean the roads before Qualifying stages were introduced in the WRC.

And yes, you're not the only one waiting to see the rules :D I'm very excited for season 5

The power stage is an interesting addition - will it be separate for all the classes, or just available for the overall category?

Also, about 15.2 of the rules:
15.2 - Should a driver been seen to be taking an illegal line or cut they will:-

1/ 3 illegal cuts/lines or less during one rally or not submitting replays after the round = Warning

2/ 4 illegal cuts/lines during one rally = disqualified from the event.

Shouldn't not submitting a replay be a disqualification? If a driver were to make loads of cuts, it would be beneficial for them to not submit replays?

I can't wait for this season, super excited!

Just to check here, apologies if this has already been cleared up. If for example we qualify for a top grade this season. Are we able to select a slower 4WD car and just compete against the rest of the top guys? Like selecting an S2000, and competing only against the other Grade 1 drivers? Or is it just 2011/2012 WRC cars or 2WD are the only options?

Just to check here, apologies if this has already been cleared up. If for example we qualify for a top grade this season. Are we able to select a slower 4WD car and just compete against the rest of the top guys? Like selecting an S2000, and competing only against the other Grade 1 drivers? Or is it just 2011/2012 WRC cars or 2WD are the only options?

The rules don't state that you are able to do that, although I don't see any negative aspect about it. We'll wait for Jack's verdict :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%