Season 5 Race 9 Valencia Street - Drivers meeting

One would think this goes without saying, but evidently it doesn't, so here goes:

One are NOT ALLOWED to go backwards in the pitlane to do a hotlap without doing an outlap first. Nor is it in any way acceptable to deviate from the track before the timed lap starts in order to gain a higher starting speed.

When a car starts it's hotlap (s/f line) with a speed higher than what it is when he returns to the s/f at the end of the lap one knows that something aint right.

I allready thought about mentioning it here, but also thought it wouldn't be necessary, because no one would do it in the main event.

But thanks for making it clear :)

An other important thing is the pit exit!

The exiting car is forced to come back on the racing line with low speed. I'd suggest that the exiting car holds the inside line until it is clear if there's an other car coming from behind most probable on the outside. And every driver should be prepared that a slow car could leave the pits. The best way to know about it early enough, is using the track map or enable driver names on top of the cars (this is what i use).

Every fast driver should know, that it's the exiting car's legal right to defend it's inside position even though it might be slower through the first chicane you can't push it away. Of course it's an other story if the exiting car is one lap down...​

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88686

"The regulations also said that drivers benefiting from leaving the track could face penalties. "Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not
"A driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with the track.
"Should a car leave the track for any reason the driver may rejoin. However, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage."

the FIA have obviously been listening to our debate, and now have introduced the white line rule as an enforcable rule were penalties could be applied, i cant think of any better reason now than to make our rules strict like this........after all its realism :)

the FIA have obviously been listening to our debate, and now have introduced the white line rule as an enforcable rule were penalties could be applied, i cant think of any better reason now than to make our rules strict like this........after all its realism :)

I agree. Although, there is one problem... :)

FIA have an apparatus that handles the policing of this rule. They make revenues and can pay for this. We have no apparatus nor any revenues. Would they have introduced the rule if they had no way to police it? I also noticed that they dropped the team orders rule for 2011. I wonder if that was because they found out it was a rule that was almost impossible to police...

I do however see that they say that 1 wheel is sufficient. We have 2 wheels, but I do not mind changing to one.

And remember, running wide/cutting on purpose have never been and never will be allowed at Presto GP. We have the same rules as FIA, there is just a difference in (the abillity to) enforcing it.

I think it is getting a bit too complicated for me to focus on what exactly needed to be done on this track and I start hallucinating where to go when driving around, it is very clear that cutting is not allowed at Presto and we should automatically follow the rules to the wire when it is very obvious that there is an advantage by cutting a certain area, but so far it looks like we need to recruit the whole family and friends of the race director to detect if someone gained 0.0000000000000000003s by crossing the white line somewhere and that is taking away the whole excitement coming into the final race honestly, I will race and I will follow my racing instinct to guide me where to go, that is how I normally enjoy my ride, I will never do any cut on purpose to gain any advantage on my colleagues, I will rather focus on the enjoyment side of the event and on the safety on track than anything else, and I will be more than happy to pass any point I collect “ if I was lucky enough “ to the person who might find me guilty by gaining advantage on him running over any particular white line ..

Let’s have some fun folks :)..

Angelo

To make it simple Anthony, the rule is what it has always been, all this confusion comes from the fact that I revield that it does not get reviewed and that I suggested that it should be possible to agree on deviations in the drivers meeting.

The way you describe how you do it is the same as me and many else and is totally acceptable. We are here to race and to have fun, not spend half our time on minor irelevant details :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back