Season 5 Race 6 Interlagos: Weather forecast

Thanks Nico

Tonight's practice didn't go so well for me as I've just woken up on the sofa:frown:, but if the servers still up tomorrow we should be able to run some "moist" laps before heading for the race server at 7ish, so it will be useful

Cheers

Jim

EDIT: I opend a 80% server as I might fall asleep before you reply :) I named it inspired by Jim's request for a moist server ;)

Jim's flooded palace is much fun but a handful. :) Best I could manage was a 1'21.3 in race trim. 6 / 30 wing, wets + 80L.

If the race conditions are anything like that, it will be a race to remember for those who survive. Off the line, the run into turn 1 with all the spray will be epic. :)

EDIT: B.S.T. is over and so the race start will be an hour latter for those of us who live in the Southern hemi.

Jim's flooded palace is much fun but a handful. :) Best I could manage was a 1'21.3 in race trim. 6 / 30 wing, wets + 80L. If the race conditions are anything like that, it will be a race to remember for those who survive. Off the line, the run into turn 1 with all the spray will be epic. :)
Do you think a 70% server is more representative? Should I change it? Remember, I have no clue what to expect (except the forecast that we all see).

EDIT: B.S.T. is over and so the race start will be an hour latter for those of us who live in the Southern hemi.
The countdown at PrestoGP.com, is that correct for everybody?

Do you think a 70% server is more representative? Should I change it? Remember, I have no clue what to expect (except the forecast that we all see).

As you wrote we don't what to expect, and so the server was good as a "worst case scenario".

When I wrote it was a "handful", I should have added an "s" and "of opposite lock". Great fun m8. :) Kept me well alert and awake!:cool:

My garage timing is correct.

My time atm is 14:11 o clock and the timer says 1D 6H 49M, so it seems all is ok but one day too much, right?

To be sure, for me in Germany nothing changed, because we also had the change from summer time to winter time, right? So it's still qualy at 21:00 o clock for me?

My time atm is 14:11 o clock and the timer says 1D 6H 49M, so it seems all is ok but one day too much, right?

To be sure, for me in Germany nothing changed, because we also had the change from summer time to winter time, right? So it's still qualy at 21:00 o clock for me?

I corrected the one day error :) Otherwise you are correct in all you say Reik. Qual will always be at 9pm for us "central" Europeans (and 8pm for the British guys).

It turned out to be drying conditions in this race. How was it? How long untill it got dry? Would be interesting to know. :)

Edit: And thanks to all of your comments and the appreciation :D

As you probably understand by now I didn't race, but I was amused reading the chat before the race where people were speculating in what tyres to use and if it would start raining again during the race :)

It turned out to be drying conditions in this race. How was it? How long untill it got dry? Would be interesting to know. :)

Edit: And thanks to all of your comments and the appreciation :D

thx for your great input here mate!

about interlagos: I didn't notice any drying, neither in qualy nor in the race. For the whole qualy it felt the same, but one could get used to the slightly damp track, so the times dropped into the end. But maybe it dryed a little bit?
Same for the race. I was able to drive in 1:10's and 1:11's over the whole distance. It was also damp in the end...

Pretty much as it was for me, I started heavy so 1 12's early on, getting down to 1 10's towards the end with a few 13's leading up to my pit at lap 31 as my tyres were shot to bits

Jim

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.7%
  • < 5 years