season 5 race 3@ Singapore - setup discussion

in the past season i used for the race very high wings, like 10-50..... :D i wasn't really fast, but the car was really easy to drive and in div 2 i finished 4th at my first race......i think that on that track the most important things is to have a really stable car when you open the throttle because the wall in some places are really near the car and ruins the race for a lost of concentration is very easy!! ;)

I think at Singapore’s 23 turn track the transition from aero grip to mechanical grip is also very important. And on the exit from slow turns I have to rely solely on mechanical grip. I wish I could set up the car for good exits and stable braking. When I get the right mechanical grip the car is instead very unstable in braking. And if I get a little slide it is impossible to dampen the lateral movement, I get return slides until I spin. Usually I try to use more of slow damper and rebound to correct it and with that change I lose some of the slow corner grip.

//Catch-22.

Its a .vcr file and if i search for avi converters online i only get converters for old VCR-tape machines!!

very odd

Mark, you won't find a converter since the vcr file isn't in fact a video file. It is a log that of vectors for each car over a period of time (the race). What the replay theatre does is to use those vectors to re-create the race.

Therefore what you'll need is a screen capturing program that will record what is happening during the replay.

Mark

Most of us use this: www.fraps.com/ you can get a free version tho it is limited to 30secs each capture and there is a Frapps logo at the top, I think its around 20-30 euros to buy then you can record for as long as you want, when your done recording use windows movie maker to assemble your video and add music and stuff :)

Jim

Morning folks!

Well after Jere posted his outstanding lap and the setup he used, of course i had to try it. :rolleyes:

Before that my PB was a 1:29:6xx, driven with my own created setup, i uploaded, too. It is very different to the other one, so maybe someone likes to test it.

With some important changes on Jeres setup i made a 1:29:103. Finally it would require much more hot lapping to improve that, so i'll now use the rest of the time to make little race tests (if time lets me do so).

@ Mark: Why not attache the .vcr file like Jere and I did? It's easy for us to drop it into ".../Replaydata" and watch it ingame. I'm curiouse to see your style. :wink:

Attachments

• Reik-Singapore08-FPES-1-29-103.Vcr
    126.6 KB · Views: 279
  • R-F1 fa.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 245
  • Jere-Reik-F1 a.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 255
When I get the right mechanical grip the car is instead very unstable in braking.
The stability under braking can be controlled by the Coast setting of the differential. This shouldn't affect the balance when you are on the throttle. I think a higher setting gives you understear, and a lower overstear, according to this: http://alison.hine.net/gpl/grehelp/diff.htm

But make sure the right thing gets changed. I don't remember if the mod changes the right thing in the setup file when you edit things inside the game. They may be swapped for the differential. Does anyone know for sure?

But make sure the right thing gets changed. I don't remember if the mod changes the right thing in the setup file when you edit things inside the game. They may be swapped for the differential. Does anyone know for sure?

To be really sure it's best to change these values with editor directly in the txt file, but i think David answered it right...

I use Setup Editor where all four differential gear parameters are present.

1. What would people suggest for power settings for the F1 mod?

2. I have the feeling that any changes made to power externally in an editor get lost if you later make an in-game adjustment and save it inside the game. Which kind of makes me wonder if they get lost when you load the setup anyway.

2. I have the feeling that any changes made to power externally in an editor get lost if you later make an in-game adjustment and save it inside the game. Which kind of makes me wonder if they get lost when you load the setup anyway.
I've just tested this, I saved default setup as 'setupfilex', loaded it in Race07 Setup Editor, changed Power setting to 75, saved as 'setupfilex', loaded it in-game, made changes to all the available differential settings, saved it again as 'setupfilex', re-loaded it in Setup Editor, the Power setting remains unchanged at 75.

EDIT: Here is some more information to add to the Singapore pile... setup, replay, and motec for my personal best.

Attachments

• 1'29'137.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 216
  • McCradic Singapore 08 1 29 137.Vcr
    65.7 KB · Views: 246
  • David McCradic16-30_09-15-10.rar
    53.9 KB · Views: 124

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years