Season 5 - Race 2 - Moza - Division 2

Hi guys!

As some (those who know me from before) may have guessed I've decided to take a pass for this season. Work is VERY busy this autumn, so I won't have much time to prepare myself for races. I would even have to skip several races. Which kills my motivation :) Anyway, I'm keeping an eye on you guys, and all the time I get the urge to get back in the action, so I'm pretty sure I'll be back for next season.

I will still be doing some "background" work though, mainly with the PrestoGP site and related issues. I've just updated the results system for the new points systems. So the first two races are now up at PrestoGP.com, in the League section here. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions/suggestions for the site.

Hope to be able to join you for some quick races on the practise servers, good luck for Singapore and grats to all finishers at Spa and Monza! :)

Rune

Monza

Cheers Eliezer! And grats to all finishers.

And thanks Nicolai & Co for organizing the league.

Q: P4 near my pb.

R: P2
The first lap was very lucky. I was standing to the right behind Eliezer. The left lane was held up by wheelspin or something and Eliezer and me got thru Rettifilio first and second.
On lap four Eliezer missed a little in to Roggia chicane and had a 180 spin. I could pass and I think he lost quite a bit. I am leading, an unreal experience for me, I'm not used to it, I was a nervous wreck a couple of laps after that.
Lap16; I have unexpectedly got a gap about the length of the second back straight. Thanks again Peter for your superb setup.
When I brake to enter the pits on lap twenty Eliezer is in the middle of Parabolica, he has gained a lot on me the last few laps. Peter is second now after Eliezer.
Lap22; I think I was a little faster than Eliezer in the pit, when I brake for Rettifilio he is about 50m out on the exit lane from pits. Peter is leading now and I'm a pit stop lengths behind.
Lap28; I still have second place and Eliezer is maybe 0.5 behind. There is traffic in Ascari and I have to lift of a lot exiting the combination. Eliezer can carry more speed and overtakes me in the braking zone for Parabolica, and I think this was good for my race. Eliezer was much quicker than me and I could easily have killed my tyres in the chase.
Lap33; Peter goes in. Eliezer takes P1 again. I'm a couple of seconds behind him.
Lap38; I can see a car in the mirrors on the long straights, can that be Peter on fresh rubber?
Lap41; Peter starts to become intrusive, he is gaining in every turn and he has my full attention now.
Lap42; Traffic in Parabolica. The slow car turns in right in front of me when the G-meter reads 5. I can't brake hard in the middle of a super fast turn, it would turn my car in to a propeller. I just release the throttle and we touch. Luckily we don't spin. Peter is on the wrong side behind us to exploit the advantage and have to slow down. We brake for Rettifilio with Peter's front wheel beside my rear. I am lucky again and manage to keep my position. When we brake for Lesmo2 I believe Peter was taken by surprise by my early braking. He was forced to use a lot of brake not to hit my rear. - Sorry Peter, I was using a safe alternative, my tyres had seen better days.
After Lesmo2 I had a little advantage and managed to go the rest of the lap without mistakes.
I had a lot of fun during this race, and I'm not exactly spoiled by success, so it felt nice to be on the podium.
Thanks to all friendly drivers that let me lap you the easy way.

Now we must turn night in to day and go to Asia again, cu there.

Late Report

Hi all.

It was a short race for me this time only 1,5 lap:frown:

Q.10

R. Did a slow start to avoid anything in T1. Got a hit in T1 and broke my suspension.

On L2 Frans L spun after Lesmo 2 and bounced out from the wall. I tried to pass on the outside but I could not avoid him. I lost a wheel, race over. I hope that I not spoiled your race.

Grats podium and all that finished.:D

See you all in Singapore

R. Did a slow start to avoid anything in T1. Got a hit in T1 and broke my suspension.

On L2 Frans L spun after Lesmo 2 and bounced out from the wall. I tried to pass on the outside but I could not avoid him. I lost a wheel, race over. I hope that I not spoiled your race.

im so sorry Kurt... just wachted replay. there was nothing i could do. race report is send to race director.
I'll send a cc to you... ;)

And hope to see you again in Singapore

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back