Season 4 grid and info

This post will be updated regularly until it is complete. If your name is missing from the list or you feel it is in the wrong place, please send me a pm. This includes drivers under consideration and waiting list. Nothing is written in stone on this list, but if you know you will show for most or all the races this season the spot is yours (if you already got one).

A third division will be opened as soon as there are enough regular contenders to make it enjoyable.

Race details:
Practice: 55 minutes (7pm)
Practice start: 5 minute (7.59 pm)
Qualify: 25 minutes (8 pm)
Warmup: 5 minutes
Race: Approx. 63 minutes (~8.30pm-9.30pm)
Tyre wear: 1x
Fuel: 1x

Division 1:
01. Alex Galyutin - Team Russia
02. Andy Paries - JupilerGP
03. Anthony Ishak - Aqua Vista Racing
04. Artyom Aslamazyan - Team Russia
05. Chris Jacque - White Racing
06. Daniel Hansson - Team Sweden
07. David Turnbull - Team Weegie
08. http://www.racedepartment.com/members/dinca-andrei.htmlDmitry Silentov - Team Russia
09. Janek Grabowski
10. Jim Hawley - JupilerGP
11. Mark Sorensen - Hybrid Racing
12. http://www.racedepartment.com/members/kemal-demir.htmlMartin Flöck - Mooooooooscht Racing
13. Nicolai Nicholson - Team Norway
14. Per Andersen - Team Norway
15. http://www.racedepartment.com/members/michael-janke.htmlPeter Marshall
16. Rune Bakke - Team Norway
17. Sean Greenlaw - Cleric
18. Tim McIver - Aqua Vista Racing
19. Valter Ostman - Team Sweden
20. Vincenzo Cavaliere

Division 2:
01. http://www.racedepartment.com/members/alessio lucchesi.htmlAlfonso Clarke
02. Anthony Moufarrege
03. Bob Laube - Privateer
04. Chirlie Williams - Cleric
05. Coen Mulder - IceRoad Racing
06. Cor van der Burg
07. Jakob de Boer
08. http://www.racedepartment.com/members/francesco-sindoni.htmlJoe Isaac
09. Kimmo Kokkonen
10. Kurt Kjellin - Team Sweden
11. Mattia Gottardi - Team Italy
12. Maxim Pautov - Team Russia
13. Nicolas Rouge
14. Olli Hirvonen
15. Paul Crawford - 05F1
16. Robin Östlund
17. Stuart Hendry
18. http://www.racedepartment.com/members/robert-adair.htmlTom Watts
19. http://www.racedepartment.com/members/romain-gouzon.htmlValerio Vinassa - Team Italy
20. Werner van Aswegen - Midfield Racing

21. http://www.racedepartment.com/members/Matteo-Montanari.htmlEliezer Bartik*

*Can join all races that are not full

• Alfonso Clarke

Hi Alfonso Clarke here al be at all race's this season so if ok can u put my name back in d2 plz

Hi Nicolai, mi lack of racing last season was due to work commitments and illness, i always managed to get some practice in but when it came to race time something always got in the way :s. Im putting it down to divine intervention, perhaps it wasnt time to unleash myself on the league LOL.

Im well up for it this season and have every intention of being at ever race and practice race, I hope you guys will give me a chance :D

i see iam a part of the waiting list. unfortuatly i couldnt practice for the last month due to coursework at school but now that is done iam ready to race if wanted to. (raced last season please let me race) lol
thanks tom

• Robert Adair

Any chance of the Presto GP site, laptimes list , being updated to the confirmed divisions :smile: Thanks in advance:thumbup:

• Luca Filippini

The mod has been released.. :D

So which version are we going to use for the race?? the beta one or the official (1.0) one??? thx :)

Filozzo

Suppose that two cars are travelling in succession at 320 kmph and slows down to 80 kmph.

We'll find out how much distance is needed between vehicles to avoid a collision.

We measure distance and time between the cars' nose cones.

The cars are 4 meters long.

The distance is 5 meters between the nose cones, and it offers a 1-meter gap between the cars.

The drivers start braking at the exact same time.

This means that the pursuing vehicle's braking point is 5 meters longer away from the apex of the turn.

Speed:
320 kmph = 88.889 meter/second
80 kmph = 22.222 meter/second

Distance and time:
5 meter gap in 320 kmph => 5/88.889 = 0.056 seconds

We assume that both cars were fitted with equally powerful brakes.

Time and distance gap during exactly equal deceleration:

Braking starts at the same point in time
0.056 second gap in 320 kmph => 88.889 meter/second => 0.056 x 88.889 = 4.978 meter

Braking ends at the same point in time
0.056 second gap in 80 kmph => 22.222 meter/second => 0.056 x 22.222 = 1.24 meter

Now the nose cones are very close together (1.24 m), we would have needed more space to avoid a collision.

In this case, the driver who persecute should need to use a braking point about 8 to 9 meters away from the preceding car's braking point.

Dude, that is is excellent but it's Friday and I just can't digest that sort of complexity after the week I've had.

I'll try a short version of the oint I think you are trying to make. If you are already very close at high speed you are going to be even closer when things slow down. Too close to react quickly enough if things go pear. So keep this in mind.

To this I'd like the following and mind you I am giving away hard earned skills here ;)

When you are following a car at high speed and by 300m out you don't have the line or position to realistically make the pass in a safe and controlled manner, back off and rather that braking as late as possible ease into the braking zone more smoothly. You will not only probably have better control than the guy defending his position but your exit speed will likely be better, setting you up for another attempt.

There is a lot of joy in battling for positions and like most things rushing it spoils the fun. Passing should be seen more like fly fishing and not as a boxing match.

And yes, if you read my plea to Rob this was part of the wisdom I was trying to impart before I clicked the wrong button...

Nice calculations and those are real. I can only add that in practice the car behind usually has:
1 more speed due to split streaming
2 less down force due to split streaming (hence worse braking ability and traction)
3 worse visibility as most likely the braking point is obstructed by the car ahead
So in (virtual) reality 8 to 9 meters away seems for me like the last point for braking and still a lot of risk that in case of wheel lock/ car ahead too hard brake will result in a collision.
Its much safer to make an early brake - but very light short braking impulse about 20-30 meters ahead of the normal braking point and then hit the brakes hard at or slightly delayed to the normal point. Not only it is safer but also gives a time to react in case of the ahead car makes an error in turn and to adjust your drive line to gain advantage on exit.
OR, Position yourself on the alternate drive line before the brake point. Not only you impose an overtake move on your opponent and pressure him. If you feel confident in the alternative drive line (which with appropriate practice you should) the will be no risk of collision in case either you or your rival, or rides fail during such hard braking periods.
I know such things are obvious for most but after reading the reports not for everybody. Its so sad some players game are ruined when they had expectations and prepared for some time by persons who dont know such safety basics and ram people of the track and just saying "sorry" after wards (not even waiting as they should!). And i also encounter more and more players that learn the track be heart so much they act like a programmed AI, going fast but not reacting to the variables that are encountered on the track - such people are twice dangerous.
I understand that such occurrences can discourage for participation. Sad.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%