SEASON 20 RACE 8 - RACE REPORTS -

Qualifying - 1st :)

The more I got used to the new wheel (mainly the brake) and the VR the faster I got and I pulled a decent lap out in Qualifying to take pole.

Race 1 - 1st :)

Happy to come through the pack and get first place, thats 2 x 20mins races in a row I've won, now if i could only turn that into winning a 50 mins race I'd be doing well :)

Race 2 - 2nd :)

What a sweaty nerve wracking affair this was. Had Artyom breathing down my neck for the whole first stint catching me on the straights and me pulling away in the twisty sections, was hard to keep him at a gap. Coming up to half way I made a stupid mistake in the last sector and Artyom gained 3 seconds on me, he then pitted straight away and I carried on for a lap. Upon leaving the pits he just passed as I was leaving (damn that half spin), from then on it was cat and mouse for the rest of the race, I got into DRS range a few times but with his MDF package he still pulled away so I had to wait for a mistake in the twisty sections that never came, Oh so close at the end :)

Great races for me tonight and a great win by Artyom in race 2, pity about the numbers again, maybe one time in the future we will have everyone who signs up attend most of the races, it really would make it so much better for all but until then as long as the core group stay together we can still have lots of fun :)

See you all at SPA for the last race of Season 20 :)

bad quali and races not my evening, the car was sliding a lot i didn't have feeling and to say that monday I felt good with the setup and I had a race pace that satisfied me but this evening no:(
see you all at Spa;)

Congratulations David, Artyom and all us:thumbsup:

Log analyzer reports here:)

Q: P2! It wasn't a PB but I was fairly content with my lap. The last lap could've been faster, but I went off track so I lifted. Wouldn't have been enough to beat David's pole time by any means though.

R1: P4. Had quite a good run in the beginning of the race. After a few lap someone spun in front of me, and I was shocked a little bit. I pulled my steering wheel in a reaction and it came loose, which caused me to spin as well lol. Luckily it wasn't detached fully.

R2: P4. Didn't have the greatest of starts, and Artyom managed to pass me in the first lap. After that, I saw him and David slowly getting away. I didn't have much to lose so I decided not to pit and to go all or nothing. After lap 18 or so I knew it was the wrong decision though, as my front tyres went completely. Artyom and David passed me easily, and Dewald managed to pass me in the final lap for P3:thumbsup:

Qualifying: Yay! For the first time I get into the 49s and the middle of the grid, my best qualifying session since COTA.

Race 1: Got a good start and followed Nicholas into T1, but Artyom came around the outside making slight contact at the apex causing a half spin. Later I found Martin across the road (at the first corner of the twiddly bit) and had to stop, but when we got going Martin braked earlier than I expected and I collided with him (sorry), so I slowed and looked around, but I couldn't see or hear him so set off. Towards the end I was closing on Valerio, but the finish came a few laps too soon.

Race 2: Again, a good start, and despite a busy first lap, no contact, which left me following Dewald with Francisco behind. Lap 2 saw Henry pass Francisco and then in the same move rather optimistically dive down the inside of me too. I saw him and left him a car's width, but his enthusiasm seemed to know no bounds, as he ran wide forcing me off the track. Lap 3 was my last eventful lap when I came across a wide Francisco and opposite locking Martin, so I passed Francisco and went for the inside just as Martin got it under control and did the same, resulting in contact and him spinning (I didn't wait as I thought if I hadn't gone for that gap I really shouldn't turn up). This let Henry by again, but he gave it back shortly afterwards with a solo spin. Lap 15 saw me briefly in 4th place when Dewald pitted, but he soon closed the small gap and passed.

Sry guys, the MDF setup was quite waste :(
On the practice server it looked ok, at least for Q.
Maybe the different track temperature or the rubber was the reason, I don`t know.
Between R1 and R2 I changed from MDF to HDF, but I was not used to the setup, so I ruined the rear tyres early. An additional massive headache made the the driving not easier.
Terrifyingly good pace of David :thumbsup:
Rumor has it that David was secretly swapped for David Coulthard :D
Grats podiums, cyas in Spa :)

Sry guys, the MDF setup was quite waste :(
On the practice server it looked ok, at least for Q.
Maybe the different track temperature or the rubber was the reason, I don`t know.
Between R1 and R2 I changed from MDF to HDF, but I was not used to the setup, so I ruined the rear tyres early. An additional massive headache made the the driving not easier.
Terrifyingly good pace of David :thumbsup:
Rumor has it that David was secretly swapped for David Coulthard :D
Grats podiums, cyas in Spa :)

I used your setup, it was really nice :) I just ran 33-17 wings, more rear toe and 0 preload on the diff as it was too snappy with that.

EDIT: Uploading the mostly unchanged setup. I was still tweaking it even during warmup for race 2.

Attachments

• FR35_2014_MDF_001 mod quali.svm
    4.5 KB · Views: 221

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.4%
  • < 4 years