F1 2010 Season 2 R&D question

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris Jenkins

Driving til the wheels fall off
Hi guys, I'm currently with McLaren in my second season.
I'm 1st in WDC and just reached Montreal.

My question is, why are the R&D developments so much slower than in my 1st season with Lotus?
I'm waiting to get the Fast throttle map setting (which I had before Monaco in season 1) but there seems to be no sign of it yet.

Any one got any clues?

Thanks in advance.

CJ

Yea mate I have the same problem. I'm in my 5th season now, and I was with Red Bull for 2 seasons, and in the second season they gave me no Fast throttle map, only Cruise, and in the first season, they did the opposite, Fast throttle map but no Cruise. Now I'm with McLaren in my first season with them and they also gave me Cruise instead of Fast throttle map. What I'm led to believe is that at the start of a new season with the same team, your R&D upgrades stay with you, but the R&D page just gets wiped clean so you can get more new upgrades. So your car stays as fast as it was before, and now it gets even more upgrades.

As for the Fast throttle map thing, I'm afraid if you haven't gotten it and it's already Montreal, I don't think they'll give it to you. Once I got my Cruise throttle map they never gave me Fast. It shouldn't be much of an issue though. In my first season with Red Bull, I raced in Monaco with Fast throttle map and came 3rd. Now in my first season with McLaren, I came 4th with Standard throttle map. My times were virtually the same, in fact I actually got Pole with McLaren, I didn't with RBR. Make of that what you will.

I was with Lotus too for season 1, I don't remember if I got Cruise to be honest, I never used it :p I do find it strange you're only in your 2nd season, and McLaren didn't give you a Fast throttle map. I have no idea what factors dictate what throttle map upgrade you receive, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help. And yea Monaco is a pain in the butt, good luck mate!

You sure you never got R&D objectives during practice sessions titled as 'New throttle map setting'?

For sure the game is glitched to hell, that is certain. Sometimes I do upgrade tests and nothing gets done.

In the game there are 3 different upgrade path's and if your driver #1 you get to choose which path to go down, now I went down the aggressive path and getting lots of aero and got fast throttle map first. but I have only managed one season so far due to circumstance's. Also some upgrades take longer to arrive than others I had throttle map by qualy of the same session after practice but the next was body work aero and took two race's to appear (have to make it I assume).

This may seem a silly question David, but how do you actually choose your upgrade path? Does it have to be done at the start of the season? I've been #1 driver for 4 seasons now, but my upgrade path is always already chosen for me, and I never quite know how to change it myself.

If you are the #1 driver, you get to choose the R&D path at the start of the first Abu Dhabi practice.

I had a season where I got almost all the R&D except for one. I never got the chance to change my brake size :(

Not a silly question as I stumbled across it, as it is not made clear when and where to do it. Yes at the start of the new season go to upgrade monitor and you will be able to move the research bar at the top, you have to do this before you start the new season practice or it will just stay its default. I moved mine to aggressive my first season with virgin then started a new 7 year career with HRT and the R&D was defaulted to aggressive :D I was well chuffed lol. But that is how you do it oh and you have to be #1 or it is not available.

You sure you never got R&D objectives during practice sessions titled as 'New throttle map setting'?

For sure the game is glitched to hell, that is certain. Sometimes I do upgrade tests and nothing gets done.

I got the New Throttle Map setting, but only Cruise, not Fast.
Whereas in my 1st season, I got both at the same time.

Ok I just received my Fast throttle map, during the European Grand Prix (Valencia), so that means I've got Cruise and Fast. This gives me a feeling you get a Throttle map setting based on R&D Path. Judging from what David said, you get only Fast with Aggressive Path. I'm on Intermediate path, and I received both settings. And I would assume logically with the Balanced path, you only get Cruise. Chris, if your R&D path is on Balanced, this would make sense, unless of course you're on Intermediate and you just haven't received Fast yet.

Your teammate also does R&D during some race weekends - when you don't. So if you've achieved all your R&D objectives, but you still didn't get some upgrades, maybe your teammate is to blame, for example he crashed in one training session... my guess

GUYS JUST A QUESTION:

HOW CAN I CHANGE MI TIRE OPTIONS IN PIT DURIN THE RACE

Iam in 2 year with redbull and in a race i got wheather change in lap 11!!! ( its raining a lot!) and i cant change my tires to intermediate in pit's, what shuld I do???

thanks a lot

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back