SEASON 19 RACE 2 BAHRAIN - RACE REPORTS -

Q: Took P5 with a PB, 0,48s from pole position. A lot better than the 2,2s last race so I'm happy with that:)

R1: Gained 1 position, not my best race but not the worst either

R2: Lost 1 place, but had some really exciting racing with John and Artyom. I'll hope to post a clip in the coming days:thumbsup:

For the ones interested, here is the Log Analyzer file from both races. From tire wear to consistency, there's a lot to see:)

Q: My PB time, however still not anywhere close to perfect. :ninja:

R1: Started off nice, managed to get to P2 but then my brakes failed one or two laps before the end.
R2: Also went better then expected, I tried to take care of my tyres and also let my brakes breath a little. I was P4 or P5 when I Mario started to get closer behind me and when I managed to get my tyres working well again I actually managed to pull a gap to him.... until my brakes failed again.... :mad:

I can't recall to have had brake problems. In the 2nd race I had them fully opened and also the pressure down a lot. :(

Last edited:
not a nice evening really far from my pb in Quali but in race 1 big fun and fight until i have the tires then i'm at holyday on ice finished R1 with 7% FL :( then in R2 a bit of unfortunate events with damage of car more an irrepressible consumption of tires:D was a race inside a race make 13 laps. After the pit i'm last and alone in the desert:O_o: lost a bit of focus and lost car hit barriers further damage decided to leave the race ,will be better next time

Qualifying - 3rd :)

PB time but not quick enough to get close to Martin in his VR world.

Race 1 - 6th :(

Started well enough and as usual got some places due to others misfortunes and some decent passing with DRS help, thought I had 3rd place fairly solidly until BOOM last turn and front brakes gave up and dragged me into the wall and the bounce caused me to spin, couldve handled it better if had been earlier in the race but the LAST TURN!! anyhoo had to settle for 6th which was disappointing.

Race 2 - 1st :)

Couldn't live with the leaders pace at first and dropped back partly due to them being fast and me fighting with Artyom (which was a lot of fun) slowly but steadily gained on the front 3 until I managed to sneak past Martin and then I was behind Kyran, cant remember now how I got past Kyran but I was after Tom who had a 3.5 second gap. Coming upto turn 9 I noticed the gap between me and Tom start falling fast and wondered if he had spun, when I passed him I realised it was his engine let go and I could now settle into a pace that should see me come first by the end. Everything worked out with saving my engine and brakes and I got the car home :)

Grats all podiums and finishers, even though it was a slightly smaller turn out it was still alot of fun as usual. The championship hots up :)

See you all at the next race :)

Two races I would consider fun yet ultimately frustrating.

Surprised with my pace in qualifying, think a pole lap was possible but I opted for a more conservative final corner to consolidate the outright PB I was on.

Race 1 was hectic, with some interesting looking incidents along the way! Managed to dodge all of that and over the course of the race I settled into a few fun battles. Tyres turned to marshmallows but with David and Tom going off at the final corner on the final lap, I regained a place. Very nearly two places however P5 I think would've been the maximum anyway.

Race 2 I enjoyed leading off the line, settled into a rhythm and maintained just over a second gap, trying to save the tyres and brakes as much as possible. Eventually got caught by Martin, then Tom and then David. I'm pretty sure I made at least seven comments about how DRS is a joke... :p

Tom lost his engine, I jumped Martin in the pitstop phase and with fresher tyres compared to David I could go chase. It was looking good until the rears fell away from me, upsetting the balance massively. Lost the car completely exiting T6 which allowed Martin back on my tail but I just about held on for P2. Another good result, but without the incident this race and my own screw-up on used tyres I'm left wondering if I could've got into DRS range and fought for the win.

But enough of them pesky 'what ifs', I had fun. Sometimes this hobby is frustrating but we all knew what we signed up for. :D See you next round~

Again pole :whistling:
Never expected that, because I did not practice so much and that almost of the time in the wrong downforce packag :D

Yes David, it seems I get used to VR.
Driving become more and more exciting.
In Q it works quite well.
In the races it`s for me often hard to keep the overview in the infights.
At the braking zones I often do not dare to look left and right while decelerating.
Also I get unfocused fast, specally in R2, after the several laps in practice, Q, R1.

Both races were nice, although I expected better results after Q :D
Almost of the time at least one driver was within reach in front or behind me, that kept the thrill.

Grats podiums and all finishers :thumbsup:
Thx to all organizers :thumbsup:
Martin

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline