SEASON 19 RACE 1 MELBOURNE - RACE REPORTS

Enjoyed a lot the second race, even if i made a nosense mistake in lap 1 (or lap 2) :rolleyes:
I have to say, i'm not a huge fan of reversed grid (at least, full reversed grid), it's really dangerous and with these car even more, but of course i'll try to do my best as the last previous season :) See you in Bahrain!

Race 1 - 1st :)

The first lap is a total blur for me, I dunno how I got through it or what position I ended up but it was somewhere in the midfield, I benefitted from others making mistakes and some passes on some others, later on I was able to use DRS to pass the leaders and I just tried to pump in the laps as consistantly as possible till the end, it worked and I finished with a decent gap :)

Race 2 - 3rd :O_o:

Started well enough and by t3 I was into 2nd place with a pass on Martin so I could then set about catching Tom, I managed this with DRS help and passed on the main straight and from here I held the lead till roughly lap 24, I let my mind wander and started looking at the gaps between me, Tom and Peter after the pits and completely lost concentration into T1, went over the kerb which flung me sideways and I couldnt catch it and around I went into the wall, from here I had slightly bent steering and right hand turns were a bit awkward but with the battles up ahead I was able to close again to Tom and it ended up fairly exciting until the end.

Grats to Peter for race 2 win and grats to Tom for 2 podium finishes, grats everyone who made it to the end and thanks all for turning up, it was good to see a near full grid in Presto again and I hope this keeps up in the following races. I put the incidents down to us all being a bit rusty following an extra long break and with some new guys who are still to get upto speed with us so I wont be overly concerned about it just yet.

Was lost in Factorio and had I not haphazardly alt+tabbed I would not have have seen April's message saying she was going on the server.

Downloaded the track 10 minutes before qualifying, got on the server with about 4 minutes left before qualifying and then logged a grand total of two complete laps in qualifying on race fuel. I should also point out this was the first time I'd touched the car in probably 6 months. (Readjusting to it was made much easier due to April's setup, thank you!)

P3 in Race 1 and P7 in Race 2 considering I did get caught up in a few incidents along the way? I'll take that any day! I'll look at incidents tomorrow but I'm not overly concerned. Sometimes accidents happen!

Was nice to be back properly, even if I am a goof and totally forgot the season opener was today!

2wMGTHb.png

Postcard from Melbourne! You've witnessed Alonso on Gutierrez in 2016, well...

See you at Bahrain! (Maybe, hopefully, probably... we'll see!)

This was post-race, so don't worry. xD Also liveries. Should feature properly in the coming rounds!

Race 1: not a bad start and the first two curves have passed unscathed but in lap2 just ahead 2 cars in contact i was closed to April and both avoid the incident in front after this i'm lead with the pressure of April but until lap 9 i hold the position then David arrived:(:D and back Tom and in penultimate curve i running a bit wide, for avoid contact with Tom inside,usually i stay very wide for safe but this time a bit too:D so finished on kurbs slide on grass let the car slide and recover the track lost my position and finished in 4th place.
Race 2: the nice thing was just a bit before half race until end an huge battle with Anton:thumbsup: very nice fight mate.
i have to say another thing, for what concerns my race i'm happy for new guys i have see always correct behavior( I don't speak about practice start:roflmao:) in this way we have more fun:)

Congrat to winners and all us:thumbsup:

Q: The pole lap gave me hope for good results in the races :rolleyes:
R1: Had to lift the throttle at start to avoid to became sandwitched.
In lap one there where 2 big accidents where I come to, which they also affected me, including a rollover.
Many of my own driving errors too, made only a moderate result possible.
R2: The wheelbang with Tom in T1 and a well timed braking maneuver from David in T2, moved me fast back to P3. Also here many of my own driving errors and made only P5 possible.
But it was fun to drive after the long break :)

Grats podiums and all finishers :thumbsup:
Thx to all organizers :thumbsup:
Martin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back