SEASON 18 RACE 2 - SINGAPORE -RACE REPORTS-

allright it was not ethernet cable it was the internet provider :D
Anyway Race 1 was fun I was chasing Nicolas for first half of the race but then he spun and i got past.
Then on lap 8 I help David turn his car aground by tapping him when hes sideways middle of the track
Lap 9 my brains fart and i somehow drive directly into inside wall of turn8 and i lose 2 positions and put myself directly infront of 3 car train with 0% front tire wear so i eventually have to outbreak my tires and let them all go. in the end i lost so many free positions but gladly didnt ruin anyone elses race so its all good.
Next time I will finish both races just wait and see guys!
Cya in 2 weeks

RACE 1
after incident in lap1 my car was a scrap widespread damage but drivable so big fun in always someone on track take or get away and a beauty chase/battle with Vlad only in last lap with half dampers low tires lost the car and lost front wing more lost position but repeat I had a lot of fun:)

RACE 2
I had the impression that the tires were less for all the race or track more slippery,
I was less confident .I had a fun but a bit more alone race this stint always someone in front or rear and the surprise is come like last year no brake unlike last year this year I managed to finish the race without brake:D

Congratulations to Podium and all finishers:thumbsup:
Thank's organizers;)

at the next guys

I didn't have time to practice dureing the week, so the qualifying was a bit hard

Race 1:
normal start, normal race.
I don't know if is the HUD, (i'm using the Wedge HUD from Workshop) but in this track i never saw a yellow flag in my screen, that's why in the second-last corner i didn't know there was @David Turnbull in the wall, i tried to brake and avoid him but there wasn't enough space and time, plus i think the bounce in the wall sent him in the middle of the track.

Race 2:
managed the little pain in the 1st corner whitout any trouble. Up to 1st palce until @Peter Decker passed. Tried to manage the whole race without pitstop but i was very slow :) So back to p2, until again, i hade a brake failure like Peter! We started a fight for P1 without brakes :roflmao: At least P2, so was good!

Qualy:
Good lap in the 46's for 4th place in the grid.

Race 1:
Good start, some minor contact with @Blauweke and held 4th position in the first lap.
After that I just maintained 4th position until @David Turnbull spun in the last chicane.
So 3rd position at the end and not a bad start in the PrestoGP league.

Race 2:
Just managed to avoid the accident at T1 but after that a lot of incidents in the race.
After causing a big one accident I had to drive for more than half of the race with a broken steering.
Managed to finish in 7th position.

I would like to thank the organizers for the good job.

See you all in the next race.

Q: 1st
Amazing in-the-zone feeling on the last two laps!

Race 1: 1st
Managed to fine-tune the start during the practice starts and got a great getaway into T1. Pushed hard to get 1+ secs gap and succeeded.

Race 2: 6th
Starting from the back, first laps were still far too messy. By lifting the throttle in great advance I survived a number of situations. Eventually got behind @Nicolas Rouge who I thought would try for a 0-stopper (as usual) but how wrong was I, seeing Nico racing hard and fair, was really fun battle! Eventually I got by and tried to catch @krusti which was an easier task than at Monza ;) . Of course he planned to skip the pit, so after my pit stop, after some laps of waiting for him to also pit, I started pushing like crazy. Managed to get back into 1st but soon after, when maybe 4-5 laps left, wheel snapped towards left during braking. Sigh... Even with 0% ducts and lower brake force than at least some of you guys' setup, the brakes couldn't take the heat. Soon after, only rear brakes were left, overheating all the time so to no use, I started using the rear brakes as rear handbrakes and threw the car into the corners to POWER SLIDE, yeah!, or so I thought hehe. Wasn't working very well. Anyway, was a fun race and a very well deserved win to @Nicolas Rouge !

Grats to all finishers!
And thanks for all kind words towards us organizers, David, April and me (and forum thread starter @Valerio Vinassa ) :)

Race 2
I was surprised to be put on pole position. I had done a race elsewhere a few days before, where only the top 10 positions from race 1 were reversed, so was caught out. I should like to say here that, until I can get comfortably inside the 107% rule, I ought not to be placed artificially ahead of other drivers. I'm just not fast enough in this car yet.

I did make a damn good start, though, having the whole of lap one all to myself. That was fun, and settled me down somewhat; knowing I would be able to let people through one or two at a time in a controlled way.

I felt immediately that there appeared to be different, and less grippy, track conditions than in race 1, as mentioned by others here. I wonder if that was just in my mind or not.

Once I fell down the order, I had a fairly lonely race, but that's to be expected when you're so slow. Near the end of the final lap my front left brake decided blow up, which was fun. I did enjoy my first outing at Singapore, even if I was merely a mobile chicane.

Qual 10th
As usual I prepared almost exclusively for the race, so I was quite slow in Q but did a PB, so it was OK for me.

Race 1 4th
Some fun with mostly @krusti and @Sami Pesari
Happy to make it to the end without trouble. Enjoy the video of the best actions :thumbsup:

Race 2 1st
At last a win, that was a first for me :).
Since I already made a very lucky pole a long time ago (under Sepang rain ;)), a win was something that I wanted to do since I joined this league, but never dreamt of since I did not have the pace of those aliens. But this track is somehow special, and race setup is very important for long races. I knew that mine could last the race, and even if it was far from the fastest, it was quite safe. I also felt that I knew how to manage brake issues (open ducts and 54% on front did the trick for me), and I chose to pit at mid-race for tires because I did not feel too confident with used tires (I could have done the whole race without pitting). Anyway the preparation for race stints finally paid of, and I took the win after some great battles with @krusti @MOOOOOOOOOSCHT and @Peter Decker
Enjoy the video :)

CU next race!

Q: I totally failed in my first try.
In the second one I had traffic.
So I had to be pleased with P3.

R1: Ok start, keeped P3.
After David lost the rear rigth in front of me I was on P2.
In the last lap I had a brake fail, some corners before finish :mad:
Finally I rescued 0.2s in front of Mario P2 :)

R2: Came good trough the first corners and was short on P5.
Then I lost some positions because I was too nice and soft :rolleyes:
Then a crash in front of me, so P10.
Lap 2 strange situation with Peter (Pos: 290 in replay), where I rolled over :confused:
Lap 3 crash in front of me, so P8.
I was on P4 in Lap 5 then a mistake of my own ...
Lap 10-24 more an less lonely on P3, anywhere between with a loooong freeze with black screen :confused:
After the freeze I continued, then I tought I drive in the wrong direction (like in Monza) ...
I stopped ... lost a position because I was in the correct direction :D
In lap 25 an unsave rejoin of Peter turns me around and I lost P3 to Nicolas :confused:
Then again, like in R1, brake fail in the last lap, I lost 2 postions an finished on P5 :mad:
For the possibility a medium good result :D

Grats podiums and all finishers :thumbsup:
Thx to all organizers :thumbsup:
Cyas
Martin

Lap 2 strange situation with Peter (Pos: 290 in replay), where I rolled over :confused:

I had a freeze too, sorry :(

In lap 25 an unsave rejoin of Peter turns me around and I lost P3 to Nicolas :confused:

That was a really clumsy move of me, I remember I thought "where did those two cars come from?!". Think I was a bit too tired. Will add it to the list of incidents. Sorry mate.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back