SEASON 18 RACE 1 -INCIDENTS REPORT

Incident 4 - with April in Race 2

Coming upto Lesmo 1, I though I had passed April and stayed a bit wider incase I hadnt fully got by, I accidentally dropped 1 more gear than usual and this caused my rear end to start overtaking me, I feel I couldve held a controlled drift around but April was on the inside by this time and we collided.

My fault for the initial losing control of my car, Sorry April :thumbsup:

Sorry for a late incident report from my side. Here follows what I hope is everything I should report. I'd advice new guys to look at this reports's incidents as state examples to get a feel of what the level of quality we aim to work towards in this league. Sadly, this race was by far the worst season opener during my 5-6 years in this league.

Incident 1: Race 1, Lap 1, T2
Got blocked by Johannes @jego in T2 who had a hectic time keeping track of everything happening I'd imagine, getting two cars half up both sides in T1. Maybe things could have been handled better if Johannes had not went straight from apex to apex in T1 and T2.

Incident 2: Race 1, Lap 1, T5
Not involving me. Very sad to see a re-entering car going into the middle of track when clearly faster cars are approaching. School-book example of how to not re-enter track. Keep to the side as far away from race line as possible, please.

Incident 3: Race 1, Lap 3, T11
This nudge during overtake in last turn could have gone much worse. Looking at the wheel of @Lazaros Filippakos it looks like a very rapid turn of wheel suddenly - are you using a gamepad instead of a wheel? I'd like to think my move was legit, keeping it enough into the corner, but the slim margin by that sudden turn-in could have easily made us fly into the wall.

Incident 4: Race 1, Lap 6, T5
Hooked wheels with @David Turnbull by simply turning in too close. My fault. Glad that no one was launched in the air or something and most importantly, that you lost almost no time on that one, Dave.

Incident 5: Race 2, Lap 1, T6
I am so sorry for this one @Sami Pesari ! :( Heavy on fuel in beginning of race 2 I firstly missed the brake-point and secondly had no reason to be that close behind you in that corner.

Incident 6: Race 2, Lap 4, T2-T3
Got a slight touch in T2 from behind by @Nicolas Rouge as mentioned in earlier post. You didn't have to put half the car outside the track to let me by Nico ;)
Entering T3, Daniele @krusti got closer than I thought by the looks in my mirrors so I guess I should have gotten a flat rear right tyre in real life when I squeezed Daniele by committing to the racing line. Seriously though, here is a situation I am not sure of how to interpret the rules. IRL F1 would probably say Daniele was not enough beside my car to have the right to get the racing line from me, but in the spirit of both trying to take action to avoid mishaps, I could have kept the outside line.

Incident 7: Race 2, Lap 17, T1
Overshot T1 when trying a inside dive on Tom @Blauweke . Since I thought we were on such different downforce packages I was going to try outbraking from behind, but lost track of the distance boards when being on the inside of track. Typical example of lack of practice put in before the race, I'm afraid. Hope I didn't scare you Tom!

---

All in all, a race to learn a lot from. I sincerely hope that everyone that was involved in any troubles take a moment to reflect what could have been done to not even create the situations that we saw in this race.

In this league we are focusing mostly on the journey from start to finish and not the results after the finish line. Let's try to work together and improve everyone's experience from here and onwards.

Entering T3, Daniele @krusti got closer than I thought by the looks in my mirrors so I guess I should have gotten a flat rear right tyre in real life when I squeezed Daniele by committing to the racing line. Seriously though, here is a situation I am not sure of how to interpret the rules. IRL F1 would probably say Daniele was not enough beside my car to have the right to get the racing line from me, but in the spirit of both trying to take action to avoid mishaps, I could have kept the outside line.

I saw you in the middle so i thought you would keep that line, btw was only a little touch, nothing happened to us :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back