SEASON 17 RACE 9 - MONTREAL CANADA -RACE REPORTS-

qualifying - 1st :)

had a few laps in the 1.21's but my last lap crossing the line after time had run out was the best and a new pb, 1.21.7 :)

race 1 - 1st :)

the first few laps peter was close and i thought that if he got drs on me i could be stuck behind but i think he made a mistake and i was off into the distance, fairly sizable lead by the end and happy with my consistancy which is unusual for me :)

race 2 - 1st :)

starting last i tried to stay out of trouble mainly but caused an incident at the end of lap 1 at the hairpin, this put my well back in last again but slowly managed to pick up places with some passes and others mistakes. i had to pit early as the flatspots where rattling my wheel like crazy, so in i went on lap 15 and just hoped that others would pit too, they did and i picked up places again until i was in 2nd place behind kyran. he went to lap 22 before pitting and again i was off into the distance. the 2nd stint was all about just staying consistant and i managed it mainly apart from 1 silly half spin at the hairpin and kyran picked up 3-4 seconds here, he was definatly faster in stint 2 as id pitted earlier so his tyres lasted the distance better, even though were werent close it was still exciting clock watching stuff. happy to to take the win in the end.

grats all finishers and podium places, canada is always great to race on.

see you all at the last round of this season in 2 weeks :)

Quali: i did my pb so Im happy

Race 1: an escape for all the race until Nicolas in last laps take me, at hairpin just before Nicolas pass me I brake and nothing happen so I gone wide and him inside pass me, just after there is Casinò straight a speed look at telemetry and surprise no more brake at rear left so with caution i finish last 1or2 laps and no brake at rear.I was on 20% close:O_o: so for race 2 brake all open no doubt:D

Race 2: not many words to say my big incident in lap1 compromised all the race I did a solitary race trying to reach the rider in front:)

Congratulations Podium and all us :thumbsup:

Q: P4
PBed with a 22.1. Surprised it was only good enough for P4. You're all too fast. :p

R1: P5
Excellent launch, but the narrow nature of this circuit prevented me from doing too much into T1. Managed to sneak by Arytom by taking the outside into T1 thus giving me better positioning for T2. A spin from Peter put me up into second for a few laps, though inevitably he recovered and managed to retake the position with a few laps remaining. On the final lap my eyes were on stalks trying to find absolutely everything in an attempt to make something happen. I threw the car at the second chicane a little too soon, grabbed the anti-cut and well... ended up on the wall Wehrlein-style. :O_o: No podium for me then...

R2: P2
Another very good start, a few positions gained off the start and the resulting chaos at the final chicane put me right on the back of Vlad who was leading. His car was strong enough on corner exit and trimmed just enough to prevent me from doing anything even with DRS. I could see that the pressure was working somewhat, lots of tire marks and smoke being kicked up was a very welcome sight. I did finally manage to nail a move into the final chicane, however David was now already on us and I knew it wouldn't be long before he dealt with Vlad as well.

I did what I could to hold on, but David was just in the groove. I extended my first stint to the end of lap 21/22 since my lap-times still looked fine and I wasn't feeling any significant handling deterioration. I marginally exited the pits behind Vlad, but this time there was a clear grip difference and it didn't take much time to pass and comfortably start chasing down David.

I tried, I really really tried. The gap was coming down but not fast enough, then it just stabilized at around nine seconds. I turned my attention to the fastest lap which David had annoyingly stolen by half a tenth, however I kept doing 23.3s all the while finding time in sector 3 so nothing doing.

It was nice to be back. Canada always impresses and I'm glad I didn't miss it. I'm not certain if I'll make Istanbul yet, I guess we'll see!

Q: Went not so good because of faults and traffic ...
R1: Had an exciting, hard fight with Vlad, until my brakes vailed at the end of the race.
R2: Not so bad, but around in the middle of the race I lost control in S1,
the car was not damaged but it stands in the wrong direction and I saw some opposites comming,
so I canceld to avoid a crash.

Grats podiums :thumbsup:
Thx to all organizers :thumbsup:
Cyas
Martin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back