SEASON 17 RACE 3 - ALBERT PARK - RACE REPORTS

This track, melbourne. I know it pretty well and i was quick in practice. But more impotantly, consistent.
I went in qualy hoping for a 1:32, i got a 1:33:667, right in the middle. Hope was not lost.

Race 1 was one of the most intense races i've ever had. i made an awesome start, after wich i was in P5, and 2 cars spon out in front, wich meant i was now in a podium position. And more importantly, i managed to keep the gap behind stable to a little over a second. Was i finally going to get my first podium here?
Of course not.
An orange car now took over P4 and was pushing me HARD. But again, i was managing it.
until i missed my braking point for turn 1 wich caused a slide. I tried to correct it, nearly saved it but inevitably spun 5 laps before the end. The rest i quite frankly don't even properly remember.

Onto race 2. over twice as long, but i had the pace to give the podium another shot.
After lap one i was fifth again, just like last time. On the straight before the fast chicane i got really close to a car in front. But i missed my turn in point for the chicane as i didn't have the greatest view.
Missed the first apex, missed the second and ran wide onto the grass. For a moment i was confident i would be able to control it on the grass, but i wasn't.
I only kissed the barriers a little, so i put it into reverse as fast as i could and tried to rejoin. I was on the far right of the track and the racing line was on the far left, so i didn't bother to look.
But then a car ran into the back of me and completely assissinated my rear suspension and wing.

The race 1 incident just happened cause i really wanted that podium, and the race 2 incident because i really wanted to get to the front as soon as possible because i knew the guys in front were probably slower than me.

My pace was good, my consistency was good, i just got too fired up.

Salt-014.jpg

Bad day.

Quali: Not good. It was a new track for me so I did quite a lot practice laps and was actually feeling confident before the start... however I only managed to get two laps in and both were with big mistakes. So I was 1 second off my personal best. I was hoping for P6-8, but got P12 due to stupid mistakes. :rolleyes:

Race 1

Was going good until I ran into Valerio's back in Lap 4 T3. He did no spin, but I did. I was too slow to get back on the track so I had to wait for 4 cars to pass when I rejoined.
From then on I tried to follow Artyom and stay somewhat close, which sort of worked out. In Lap 7 Kyran made a unsafe rejoin of the track and crashed me out... so I was back to P12 with big flatspots.
Chased down Valerio again, who went wide Lap 12 because of brake problems. And in the end I ended up P9 because Tom spun out in the 2nd last corner.

Race 2
Start was alright, was P2 by Lap 2. The car felt very different with that much fuel, very strange to drive, although I practiced with heavy fuel load also.
Little incident in Lap 6 with David when Peter went passed me. Besides that nothing happened. I pitted in Lap 18 (cancelled my pit stop in Lap 17 by mistake just before I wanted to enter the pit :rolleyes: ) Came out P6.
Ended up 5, I think Vlad's tyres gave up in the end so I passed him when he braked a little late.

Overall I started to like the track. I learned how important it is to get on the throttle early in some corners to get good momentum and cornering speeds!

no feeling with track I slip everywhere this evening, far from my pb in Quali and at start R1 rattle on steer like a wear tyres(strange thing) and in lap 10 failure front left brake i was on 30% close so for race2 20%closebut was also fun make some T11 T12 close close to Johannes:). R2 big fun until i was on 4th place:) lost some place for hit here and there and finished race with a fun battle/chase jointly Martin Vindis

Congratulations at Podium well done all :thumbsup:
Thank organizers;)

Q: I totally failed :whistling:
In every lap I did at least one big mistake.
For that bad performance P4 was ok.
R1: After some laps I was on P2 :geek:
After some more laps I was right behind Peter.
When he softly closed the door, I came a bit off track and lost control.
R2: Finished at T2 in gravel, sticked on the wall.
I would have been able to go further, but I was sooooo tired, so I canceld :whistling:

For races I disable the relay recording to have a better performance, so I cant`t watch the replay atm.

Grats all :thumbsup:
Thx to all organizers :thumbsup:
Cyas
Martin

Q slow, never made a good lap

R1
4th with a big mistake in the final lap that almost made me lose everything

R2 3th happy with the podium, there was a big scary moment in lap 2, and a nice overtaking on @April Dillon on the outside of T5 :). I made a video of the best moments, enjoy :thumbsup:

Thanks to David & Peter for making all this possible, CU in China!

Almost perfect view of both incidents between me and Valerio.
And about the scary moment... is it possible that we have at least (or only) yellow flags? After the big one at T12, I almost hit the car that spun in T13, as I was not aware of any danger. Just asking.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back