SEASON 17 RACE 2 - MAGNY COURS -RACE REPORTS

Race 1 - The start was decent. In the hairpin in T5 I was divebombed but loads of people spun infront also so in the end I only lost one position.
In lap 2 Sean spun in T9 and I could not avoid him and crashed into him and then finally in Lap 3 I crashed out in T3 lost my rear wing.... also made Valerio crash :/.
I did drive back to the garage to get the damage fixed (it took 95 seconds and they fixed only the rear wing) The car was bairly driveable, I was very slow but decided to finished the race thought...it was a pain.

Race 2 - After contact in T1 I was in P13.
Due to all the incidents infront of my I was in P4 by lap 3.
My race from lap 15 onwards basically trying to chase down Valerio, but I never manged to make the overtake stick.
In the last lap I crashed because I followed him too close in T12 and lost my rear wing again but managed to get to the finish after all.
In the end I must say this track is not very nice for racing in this cars, at least for me. :)

Last edited:
Quali i did my pb happy
Race1 after carnage lap1 and hit and run wide in lap 3 i dont know what i thinking no scream of rage,no prayer, no thought to the saints but a yoga effect:D take me so i tried to push for recovered a big gap front me, some nice battle with Johannes and a big fear in last laps behind me sometime April sometime Johannes and in the and of race Francisco I had a big problem FUEL realized no fuel for full race i put 38 but on TM say me "you're ****ed you're ****ed" and the bas...d flashed and I also heard a giggle:D, so switch eco mode no limiter and finished race with Francisco at my back with 0 liter in 9th.

Race2 big fun again in this race there were more meetings Artyom, Sean, Nicolas, Johannes, with him a long piece of race towards the end nice fight big pressure everything cool, enjoyed this race

congrats podium and all us
like always a big thanks to our organisers Peter David April

Q 1st :D
First race of the season for me and got some good feel for the racing in just a day of practice before the race!

R1 1st
Got a clean start and managed to keep and extend gap down to Martin and Kyran, I think it was mainly. There were obviously lots of action behind and also non-forced single errors made so I was lucky Towards the end I got a mysterious game freeze for a second but managed to not spin out and maintain the gap to finish.

R2 DNF
Beginning of first lap(s) went alright. Sad to see so many yellow flags. Me being the server host, I wondered - was any of it due to server lag? As in R1 I had another short game freeze. And then another one, and I think 3 more. The last one collected April which I had overtook right before. Sigh, tried during whole R2 to fiddle with process explorer to find the CPU-peaking process but it looked like it was rf2 itself. Weird, never experienced that before. If anyone's got tips I'm all ears. DNF after the collecting of April :(

I had some of those freezes also Peter. It would just freeze up for half a second or so, obviously always at the most stupid moment. As I had troubles focusing anyway this threw me off quite a bit. If it was at your end, everyone had those lacks I assume?

I think if they were caused server side we'd all get them at the same time. But certainly during the lag spike where me and Peter combined our cars to make an 8 wheeled FR3.5 I didn't have any lag at all. But I did have a small spike during R1.

A new issue caused by recent builds? Or is it a plugin doing it that we're all using? Not sure, need to put some time into checking plugins.

Q: P4 :thumbsup:
My final flyer was awful until the final sector, where I found 0.2s on my previous best. No idea if it would've been enough to sneak on to the front row, but much happier with the car than I was at Hungary. :p

R1: P5 :poop:
Dropped to fifth after a pretty nice move from Vlad into the hairpin. After David caught air at the end of sector two the battle was on for a podium. A mistake from Vlad exiting the final chicane put me back up into third. After that it was either consolidate third or try to catch Martin. I got very close a few times, but made an incredibly stupid mistake in the final chicane. I said before the race someone would do exactly what I did, I just didn't think it would be me... Fudged the line completely, launched off the kerb and faceplanted the wall, costing me my front wing. I tried so hard to hold third, but with the pace of David and Arytom I couldn't do much without a front wing. The screen freeze in the Imola chicane didn't help either...

R2: P1 :confused:
How on earth... Start was decent, made a few places up and avoided the mayhem. I remember rear-ending Sean into T14 as I got completely caught out by the speed difference. I waited for him to recover then continued on as normal. A few laps later in the same corner, more mayhem. Somehow myself and Sean managed to navigate through just fine. I made a very cheeky up and under move into the final chicane. I didn't feel any contact but noticed Sean run wide on exit, I will review and see if I had any hand in that one. Now in second, to my surprise (and his) I caught up to Mike, and DRSed my way into the lead. He did a fine job of being difficult for the cars behind and allowed me to stretch a very healthy lead. Pitted at the halfway mark, came out in the lead. Decided to push for the fastest lap and the cruise to the finish. I absolutely did not almost die exiting T1 resulting in my car essentially showjumping the circuit, nope. :O_o:

Very happy with my pace and overall driving this round. I guess it took the two rounds at Hungary to shake off the rust, hehe. Still plagued by a few technical issues here and there, but I'll check out my end and see if there's anything I've done that might have caused them. See ya all at Melbourne. :thumbsup:

Bonus victory donuts. :cool:

Last edited:
qualifying - 2nd

managed to get a last lap in by crossing the finish like with 6 seconds left, had martin right in front of me all the way, was up by .2 coming into the last corner and....... both of us managed to fudge it :D grats peter on a nice pole.

race 1 - 3rd

terrible race and surprised to get 3rd, i made unforced errors a few times and ended up last at one point, good fun coming back to 3rd but shouldnt have needed to if id managed to stay on the track when needed.

race 2 - 4th

much the same as race 1, unforced errors and some small incidents and an unplanned pit on lap 1 put me 40 seconds behind the leaders,i tried hard to battle back and it looked like i could maybe take 3rd again but a small incident with vlad put paid to that and he held on in the end to pip me for the podium, good racing for most of the race but again too much mistakes and incidents.

grats to peter, kyran and the other podiums from both races, first time at magny for presto so we can be excused for some incidents :) hopefully as the season progresses these get less and less. see you all at melbourne or on server before for practise :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 129 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 136 13.9%