SEASON 16 RACE 6 Singapore - RACE REPORTS

Qualifying: 2nd
First flyer I crashed into a wall, second flyer I left rubber marks on at least three barriers. I hate this track.

Sprint: 1st
An interesting set of defensive moves from Martin allowed him to hold the lead, had a battle with him and Nicolas which was good fun and very back and forth throughout. Ended up winning. I hate this track.

Feature: 2nd
Didn't expect to beat David in this one, with his sneaky qualifying tactics. :sneaky: Amazing start, did lots of crash avoidance and got into 2nd. Pitted earlier and tried to pressure David just in case he needed to stop, it almost worked. He exited the pits behind me and I pushed as hard as I did at Monza. Got blocked by traffic and then spun, I'm not very happy with myself. I hate this track.

Did I mention that I hate this track now? Yeah, shock of the century I know.

See you all next time for an infinitely more forgiving and less murderous track. :x3:

qualifying - 15th

tried to be sneaky as kyran says, id start the 2nd race in pole position at a hard track to pass, well that was my plan :)

race 1 - 5th :)

had a good race through the pack and upto 5th, was exciting at the end with all 5 of us running within 2-3 secs, dont think any of us wouldve passed each other without some mistake though, grats kyran on the win.

race 2 - 1st :)

started decent and held position into turn 1, i then had a bump the the rear that pushed me off track so i stayed off untill t2, from here i built a huge lead only for it to fall by 10 secs by an nvidia black screen at t3, i slammed on the brakes and hoped for the best, i ended up the run off when the screen came back and thankfull i had no damage and only 10 seconds lost meant i was still well in front, when artyom and kyran pitting i was 45 secs ahead of artyom and 39 in front of kyran, i didnt plan to pit, my tyres felt fine and with 5-6 laps to go i was well in front so id just go to the end but then disaster struck, i came upon cosimo very slow and holding the centre of the road, i managed to squeeze through but it put me onto the slippy part of the track and i tankslappered my way towards the bridge and finally crashed loosing my front wing and damaging suspension, i managed to get back to the pits and repair only to come out just behind kyran and in front of artyom, i tried so hard to catch kyran with the new tyres and was finally getting into drs range on the 2nd last lap where the same thing happened to kyran as happened to me, he came across the very slow cosimo who was blocking the road, with kyran avoiding and going off track i sneaked through and carried on to take the win.

grats all finishers and other podium places, was a really hard couple of races with far too many incidents, we seriously need to pick it up for the next race at sepang.

Where do I even begin..? :O_o: I'm gonna have nightmares.. Is there something special with the surface of this track? The car did not act like I expected a high downforce car to do. I could barely go through that last corner without spinning. I was really nervous every lap, even with fresh tires it was really uncomfortable. Tried my old hdf setups, tried David's Singapore setup, same. What's going on?? :confused: Well, I started practicing yesterday so I don't have that much practice time, but still! I'm more disappointed with myself now than after I retired both races at Hockenheim, simply because I couldn't handle the car at all. 6th and 4th, I think, is okay results tho! And I didn't kill anyone..

RACE 1 :confused::mad:
I could hang on top 3 the first couple of laps but after that my rear tires just...died. Well, I didn't have that much wear, but they simply did not work anymore. I could barely stay on track and finally I spun in the last corner, right in front of Artyom (whom must have wondered what the hell I was doing :cautious:). I had to countersteer in every single corner, regardless of speed. Just to bring the car home in this sprint race was a nightmare. Worst feeling I've ever had in a car in rf2. It was c.o.m.p.l.e.t.e.l.y undrivable :poop::poop:

RACE 2 :unsure::redface:
I was desperate to find a different setup. I used David's quali setup but of course I quickly changed fuel, radiator and ducts.. It took a couple of laps before I got used to it - specially the low brake power, and just like with my own setup I was struggling with the rear, but at least it worked better if I was really, really careful. I was hit from behind in T1 and had some contacts with the walls too, so I decided to pit early and repair some damage. At that stage, the tires were almost undrivable so I never thought I'd make it to the finish. But I tried to avoid wheel spin and was really careful with my second set of tires, and they lasted better. But the fact that I had to drive several seconds slower per lap than the top guys, and finishing 1½ minute behind, was not satisfying :rolleyes:

In summary, okay results but still extremely disappointing. Good to get some points for the championship but maybe I should have skipped this strange track when I had so little time to practice - now I've lost all faith in my driving ability :roflmao:

How would the life of a simracer be without invisible walls or invisible corners in a wall :D ? I raced with my setup from Germany, and the car was pretty stable, I was happy with the car. Qual went very well, but the races not so much.

Race 1: All went well until T6 when I overreacted to avoid someone in front and I gently hit the wall. The game didn't see it that way so I lost my front wing. Tried to avoid any carnage on my inlap but there was still some little contacts with people trying to pass/avoid me. Re-entered last, and started to regain time. By the time I was able to make the first overtake, I had to avoid an early breaking done by the one in front, and clipped another invisible corner in the wall again. Collected him also, and lost the wing again. Went back to pits, just to end my race 2 laps to go with break failure.

Race 2: Stupid mistake in T4, and lost a lot of ground. From then on though, all went well and I was up to P6 several laps later. I was not able to keep up with the guys in front, so I tried to up my pace. Didn't work, as I went too much on the outside before the bridge, and what looked like a possible gentle touch with the wall turned out to be a huge hit with another invisible corner in the wall. This time the damage was massive, lost my front wing, front right wheel and suspension, so I had to give up.

Anyway, considering how much I hate this track, the pace I had gives me hope for Malaysia.

Well... one thing is clear. I made a big mistake when I decided to join these races. I had not practiced and I knew that.
I thought I could at least drive safely out of the way but that didn't happen.
Brakes failing so easily despite my having ducts fully open didn't help either.
Sorry to all I have caused trouble. It was certainly not intentional... was not trying to divebomb. I hope to have shown a different type of driving at least up to the previous race. Having brakes failing suddenly before a turn is not good if you need to stop the car :-(

Anyway...
Apologies and for sure this will never happen again.

We all make mistakes, nobody will hold anything against you so dont worry too much. :)

The main thing here is that you know yourself that stepping in with zero practise isnt a good idea, if you can be safe on track then all is good but at a track like Singapore its a big risk, nobody would complain if someone turns up before and says sorry cant make it I dont feel I'm ready.

The only other thing I need to say is continueing a race with brake failure, this should never be attempted unless its the very last lap and you wont cause anyone any problems in doing so. In real life youd be black flagged and removed from the race, here obviously we need to rely on everyone doing the right thing at the right time and I think quitting back to the pits wouldve been the right thing to do in those circumstances.

Like you said though your past races prove that your a good driver and youve certainly got good pace so we'll call it a bad day at the office :D onwards and upwards :)

At the end of Q I couldn`t believe I`m on P1 :confused:
Was hoping for a top 5 result ...
And then I realized David`s tactic too ... :D

The practice starts went terrible.
Also the start of R1.
The speed I had in Q was away, don`t know why.
Sry Kyran and Nicolas for the hard defense :whistling:
Finally I saved P3.

R2 went well in the beginning.
I was coming along many accidents, but finally I was in a good position.
Then I touched slightly the barriers and my front wing was away and my suspension totally twisted.
That was strange because I touched the barriers really slightly.
Then I canceled.

Grats to all finishers :thumbsup:
Thx to organizers :thumbsup:
Cyas
Martin

Sorry guys for keeping silence so long:unsure: Very busy last months and i try to spend all available time for testing :rolleyes: But it's still not rich at all. I'm really lucky last races and they were great! We have a very interesting championship competition with David, very strong and exciting:thumbsup:

As to Singapore races, first one was so tight, most time very close to other cars. Good battle with Rikard in the beginning, then I chased podium seaters with no luck and defending from David... with luck :)
Grats Kyran! you deserved it after Monza.;)

Second race after adventure on first lap was full of events, fighting and climbing to p3 till half distance and keeping it till finish with no chances to gain more. And on then my front right brake died 2 laps before finish, but the gap was enough to stay on podium.
Grats David!

Thanx all for racing!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%