SEASON 15 RACE 3- SUZUKA - RACE REPORTS

I felt my pace was good here. But it was my undoing. I was closing on @April Dillon on lap 3 into 130R and got a big dirty air over steer and broke something against a barrier.
Fortunately a 14 sec Pit stop fixed it all and I rejoined 26 sec behind the next runner.
However that made it one of the most fun races I have had in an open wheeler. 35 laps to try to get back into the points.
It was looking promising when I pitted from P8 with Nicolas Rouge +20 sec and I think April 10 sec closer than that. My maths said I might exit ahead of Nicolas.

I exited just near @Nicolas Rouge and in my haste to try to catch him I wrote cheques that my cold tyres couldn't cash and had a VERY big excursion over the grasslands of Sector 1. @Valerio Vinassa drove right on past as I inspected the flower beds.

My hot pursuit was interrupted briefly to lest Dino by and we rejoined in battle. I got by and with April Having an issue I was in P9 I think. Over the last few laps I closed on Nicolas and we were separated by 2-3 sec at the end.

In all a very nice race and it was a good feeling to be moving forwards.
Thanks all.

Fantastic race for me good pace and feeling with car not alone on track but this until lap9 time to lag so glued with @Nicolas Rouge lost car and 2 or 3 places after 3 laps I lost car in T1 so decided to pit earlier for repairs and tires but this change the strategy so 2pit instead 1. With fresh tires I tried to catch someone front me but too road in front for see anyone.

Congratulations Dino Artyom David and all us:thumbsup:

CU at the next

Qulaifying - 3rd :)

Quite happy with the lap as it was the only 1 I managed to get in with either mistakes or catching up with people.

Race - 3rd :)

Started fairly well but lost out to Heiko at turn 1, was prepared to follow closely and wait for mistakes, I didnt have to wait long but unfortunatly the incident took me with it, I was well back in the field and just hoping I could get close to the front again, my pace was pretty good all the way, at around half way in the race I felt I had a good chance to score good points and maybe get to the podium, some incidents along the way and I think getting stuck behind with no ways to pass cost me a chance to fight Alex at the very end but all in all it was a good race for me, plenty of action to keep me busy.

Grats Dino and Alex and all finishers, see you at the next race :)

Last edited:
Had a poor Qualy but could parcitce a lot. So P11 was ok.

In all practice start i moved up to P6 or P7 but not in the final start. I went straight in T1 to avoid a bigger crash so i was last. But 2 laps later i was back at P11. Then a nice fight with @Valerio Vinassa and @David Turnbull developed. I lap 9 for me it was lag @Valerio Vinassa so it was not your fault and you had been only a passenger on the gras. But i had no problem to pass you.
I the laps after this i tried to increase my pace while defending against David. Until my mistake happend and he could slip through. Later nearly everyone went to the pits and i moved up into P5. So i decided to stay out and try to defend my position instead of losing them anyway while being in the pits.
After a few laps @Tim McIver and @Artyom Aslamazyan catched up. I could defend well for a few laps but under the pressure i lost short concentration in T2 and missed the appex. I tried to stay in front for T3 but Artyoms tire had been a lot better so i let him by instead of trying some wheel to wheel trough the esses with way older tires.
But i could defend P6 against Tim to the finish. The result was ok for nearly no practice and in the few laps i did before the race i always crashed after 1 or 2 laps :D

Q: Had a nice last lap which gave me pole here; thank god as this is a nightmare behind others :D

R: Started all nice, but I had the one guy behind me who risked the lower downforce option and I think that could have gotten difficult to defend, as I was not really coming into a rhythm for quite a while in the race.
But with the lap2 incident all 3 guys directly behind me had to drop back, so I could pretty much just make it through without that much stress.

When I came out of the pits directly in front of Mark I realised for the first time that he was in p2. I thought he had used some gimmicks from Mario Kart like the rocket or the blue shell or something, that was very surprising :D

Grats to the finishers and cya next time

Q 6th
I still don't know why I'm so fast in Q, and I think I could improve this time a little, but Q laps really do not interest me.

R 8th
Eventful race, I was up to P3 in the firsts laps, but made a big mistake after spoon where I got suspension damage, and another one at the esses, and lost a considerable amount of time because of that. I had 2 incidents with @Valerio Vinassa because of a computer hang and a too optimistic maneuver at Spoon. I pitted before mid-race in order to have a clear track and to mend the rear suspension that made my car funny in turn exits. It was a good idea since it allows me to pass @David O'Reilly when he exited the pits, and I finished the race in sandwich between him and @Tim McIver in front.

Grats podium and finishers! CU next race.

Q 4th !? :D

Start was ok ... only lost 1 position.
After the incident of the front guys in lap 2 in the first curve, I was on 2nd position.
Then in lap 5 I did a mistake in degner, I spun, but could stay on 2nd positon.
But then I got pushed in the entry and in the exit of hairpin.
So my rear tyres where worn and I was on position 11.
In the next lap I lost the rear on the exit of the first curve,
crashed in the wall and lost the front wing, then i canceled.

Grats to podium and thx to the organizing team :thumbsup:
Cyas
Martin F.

With the help of some incidents and extra time for practice, this was my best and most enjoyable race yet!
Was very comfortable with the track and car and happy with startin in P8. Moved up to P6 by lap 2 and was quite happy to stay behind @Nicolas Rouge conserving my tyres (as I knew I wouldn't be pitting).
After a few close calls dodging some contacts/incidents I found myself in 3rd, then with people pitting I was 2nd!!!............with a comfortable 20+ secs gap!!
Lap 24, my talent (luck) ran out. With all the pitting going on, I started checking/rechecking my own tyre wear, while looking at the time left, calculating lap times and time to pit, I lost concentration and clipped the inside of the curb a little too much at the 's' curves and spun!!.....doh!:whistling:
Now 3rd with flat spots and less black stuff on my round things the air was blue!!
Pitting now I would lose 3 or more places, so elected to stay out for the remaining 13 laps, and nurse the remaining amount of tyres I had left, which paid off. Only lost one more place with @David Turnbull who on fresher tyres got past, allowing me to finish 4th............ with 9% tyre wear left:thumbsup:.
.....'til next time..:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back