SEASON 15 RACE 1 - INCIDENTS REPORTS

Connection lost on 2nd lap:cool:, I think I was leading when it happened, wait maybe not. :D
Had video stuttering real bad in all corners in race. No problem in other league with 982. We'll see tomorrow night they upgraded too.

Incident with Peter
When the incident happened I felt I was further past than I was, I also felt I'd left enough space on the inside and that Peter would be forced to back out, obviously it looked slightly diffrent in cockpit where Peter was unsighted of me and I of him.

Solution

Don't turn in hoping someone has given up always leave space when in doubt.

sorry Peter :thumbsup:

Hi,
I mentioned I would post a video of the lap 1 contact at Ascari.

In my view it was a very low percentage move.
At the start of the braking zone there was no overlap at all. At the turn-in point there was say 30-40%. The attacking car had the inside line but I had the racing line and I suggest that from that inside trajectory and with the over-speed the chance of negotiating Ascari without contacting my car regardless of what line I took was close to zero. Where was I supposed to go in these plans?
So a bold move under brakes into a chicane on lap 1.

The result on my race was a chase from dead last and extra tyre wear on tyres but no luxury of the time to pit.

I respectfully submit that it is very rare that a bold move in lap 1 makes someones result and very common that it destroys one or more results.

But that's just my opinion.

Not the best move but imo it is a fair move - if you see that he dives to the inside, you can't just turn in and ignore that he is there..it looks like he can brake a lot later than you...you never know on what things he made his decision to go for it.
Would call it a race incident. 50/50.
To do that on Lap 1 is a different Story but as said before you never know his thoughts on that.

it looks like he can brake a lot later than you
Investigating that now.
In fact he brakes slightly earlier but from 315 kph vs 304 kpg for me.
The reason for the overspeed was a tow, the reason for the tow was that I had to take avoiding action as the same car rejoined the track after leaving the racing surface after Lesmo 1 and I lost some momentum.

In later laps the same car brakes at the same spot but on the racing line not at this more acute approach angle. So I maintain that it would be very hard to make Ascari with this aproach and next to impossible to do it and to grant me racing room.
For it to be a racing incident there needs to be roughly 50/50 fault. I had the racing line my car was ahead on track. Throwing it up the insde like that was always going to cause contact. So yes I didnt make room but no matter what line I took there would have been contact. So I disagree.

This same car baulked my qualifying lap, if you watch the race start from my seat I had to drive around it as it sat motionless on the grid for a second, then at exit to Lesmo 1 I had to move inside to avoid a rejoin, then as Ascari was hit with a bold move up the inside.
1+1+1+1=4 close or more than close shaves with one car is enough for me.

I guess it all boils down to what extent we are expected to make it our business to avoid contact.
In my view on lap 1 when tanks are full, everyone is very close by we have to take a lot more care.

Last edited:
I think it's not unlike my incident with Peter, what we should learn from both incident's is if in doubt then leave extra space, don't turn into a normal racing line just play it safe, in the David/Sharjeel incident I think David is right in that Sharjeels trajectory is going to take him into the side of David no matter if David take's it slightly wider or not, and I also agree with David's last paragraph we need to make it our priority to avoid incident's in lap 1.

The stall at race start was because I botched up my launch control. And I didn't start with an agenda to mess up anybody's race. Like you correctly pointed the tow gave me a lot more speed (and I did want to use it to my advantage) and I tried to hug the inside line on entering Ascari as much as i could but cold tyres and sub-optimal brake temperatures didn't help my cause much. I generally try to use kerbing on the outside (if I am on racing line) as much as I can if I am two wide going through Ascari but I do understand your perspective as well. Nevertheless, in the spirit of keeping it fair and clean, I dont mind being handed out a points penalty or grid demotion for the next race if the race directors/ stewards deem it too aggressive on my part.

@Sharjeel
Thank you for you frank response to this incident report.
I dont think for a moment that you had an agenda. Just that (as you mention) with tyres, brakes and fuel load and the general hectic nature of lap 1 its not so easy to make such a precise move work so the odds get shorter.
Its also IMO harder to select a different line into Ascari due to its speed than say a 1st gear chicane so options are limited.

The stewards here dont hand out penalties the philosophy is that we talk stuff through and all work it out. I think/hope here we have so I just look forwards to more good racing with you.

The only thing i had was after the video from David the rejoin from Peter at the exit of asscri.
Could have ended badly if i hadn't anticipated something is wrong with all this dust in the air.

Sorry Simon, I was unsure how to rejoin safely and first thought I'd cross the track to the inside turn exit but then saw you coming on my map so I got scared I'd smash right into you and then got the brilliant idea of heading to the outside instead right on the racing line. I guess my nerves were not totally stable after the incident :( Sorry mate.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back