Season 14 Race 8 Silverstone - Setup Thread

So, for that circuit set the car will be important and very interesting !

Here are my tips:

-110L fuel for the race without any doubt (I ran with 104L at Austria and finished with...0L, and here we are so often full throttle so it will be the same)

-BE CAREFUL to the ride height: from 18-30mm I change it to 22-34 and the car is very different: no sliding around Copse in full throttle when I hit the kerb and ABOVE ALL around Becketts corner which is VERY bumpy, and to make the car bump on it is a guarantee to loose so much time.

-compared to austria, ARB setting is very different here for me: when 431kg/mm - 20*25Ti P2.11kg was good on Red Bull Ring, I've set it to 206kg/mm - 20*2.25Ti P3 14kg for Silverstone.It seems that fast corners need a soft front-hand, plus it's an ISI track, unlike Austria.

-critical tire is front-left of course, and rear won't be an issue I think.Change tires will be an obvious !

Think to train about pit entry because it's hard to see exactly where the white line is.

Here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6rvnbyxb6tn6dy/FR35DF.svm?dl=0

BUT this time I wanna ask something to you: I really need your opinion on my setup, so David, sean, Dino and all of those who can test it, tell me what's happen when you try mine please :geek:

BUT this time I wanna ask something to you: I really need your opinion on my setup, so David, sean, Dino and all of those who can test it, tell me what's happen when you try mine please :geek:

Compared to my current setup HERE,

for me, the car turns quite a bit more, sometimes too much on the fastest corners. Also when getting high load on the tires, they get hotter and lose more grip because the car starts to slide a bit earlier.

In the slowest corners I needed to wait longer to be able to accelerate because the front took longer to bite.
Over curbs it was much more calm when going somewhat straight over them or on the slower corners in general, but it was also more prone to slide sideways when having to take them fast with a slight angle.

My difference was about half a second on a lap with the same fuel, mostly in the middle sector.
But I didn't do that many laps with your setup, so all that is also about getting used to it :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 104 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 80 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 54 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 110 13.3%