SEASON 14 RACE 8 - SILVERSTONE-INCIDENTS REPORT

Involved in an incident on the exit of turn 2, lap one: I got sideswiped by someone who I believe spun, which in turn sent me off. Here's the part that's my fault: Trying to make the next corner, I rejoined the track, but I had to go over a grassy bump which I didn't anticipate (I didn't practice rejoining the track from that side, it was new grounds for me). I was too hasty to rejoin the track, so I sort of half spun because of that bump toward the apex of the next corner and collected the driver behind. So I sincerely apologise to @Phil Shillitoe , @Bob Laube and @Valerio Vinassa.

Last edited:
A complete Disaster.

I got the power down too early offline and spun into Tal. I apologise to Tal and all those who were effected when he attempted to rejoin the track. Poor driving from me.

In some form of justice, I got a small amount of damage, then anti-stall kicked in, then I tried to turn autoclutch on, then my engine exploded.

Then I left and installed the new build, lost lots of frames, microstutters constantly, and after a couple of hours, no improvement.

Things could not have gone worse.

Sorry again.

Tim.

No incidents

No race incidents to report.
( however game / screen freezing when a player leaves, which created damage when I apparently visited the barrier!!
If anyone knows what causes the 'freeze' please let us know!!)

This was much more of a general problem in the past, that there was oftentimes a lag when someone left the server. But I haven't had that for quite a while now, so can't really help you with that.

@Tim McIver
The new build itself definatly should run exactly as good as the previous one.
What you could do is first, go into UserData/Log and then delete all the contents of the CBash and the Shaders folders.
Also: If you have altered settings in your gpu drivers, try to reset them to default at first.

Another thing which you can always try is a quick fresh install. It goes incredibly fast to do it that's it always makes sense to recommend it as a solution.

Do you run triple-screens? If so there was a lot changed for triple-screen users in the build, I can't really help with that since I only use one screen, but the ISI forums gives info about that.

Me and @Artyom Aslamazyan had a small moment. He had a go on me at the small straight after the first sector turns, I positioned myself in the middle to make a swift defensive move to either side he chose so he would have to either go the other way or be pushed out to the lines.

At the moment, my gut feeling was that I reacted too late (I lifted on exit of T7 Luffield). He waited until almost last second to decide. What do you guys think? When I watch the replay, I'm thinking that I reacted pretty fast anyway and didn't make such a big direction change after all. Should Arty have been prepared for me to move the same way by turning more to the left?

Not that it was a big thing, maybe an interesting thing to discuss on what defensive moves are ok?

@Peter Decker Strictly speaking, I think defending means making one move off the racing line, and you reserve the option to go back on the racing line (if there isn't a car already there of course). So, for this instance, in my opinion, you should have stayed on the racing line, and then as Artyom got closer you could have made a decisive move to the inside line, in which case Artyom would have no doubt that he is going to have to go on the outside. Then, you can return to the racing line (which is on the outside), if Artyom isn't already there. If he is, you can just move closer to him next to the racing line, without shoving him off of course. I don't know if that was clear enough, this is the kind of thing that needs a video to demonstrate :S
In short, I don't think driving on the middle of the track and deciding last minute on which side youre going to defend is very sound (unless the racing line is ON the middle of the track, in which case it is fine). So lets say, after you made that move to the middle of the track, you should have either stayed there or moved back to the racing line (OR continued going on the inside BEFORE Artyom was too close. In short, just don't stay in the middle of the track). And of course perhaps not wait too much to make a move, in order to prevent contact.

At first sight, I see Artyom countersteering EXACTLY when Peter moves to the left.But I see a little misjudgment from both of you:

- You, Peter, thought Artyom would have pulled his car further on the left, so you decided to close the door even more, but too much

- You, Artyom, your countersteer maneuver was too ambitious because even when Peter haven't finished to pull his car on the left he was still in front of your front-right wheel (at 8 seconds on the video).

Maybe Peter has made a more dangerous move though !

My take is that Peter done what I woulve done, He had a great opportunity to pass cleanly, the defending shouldve been done before this, I think Artyom has decided far too late to defend and left Peter no time to adjust, nothing malicious but defending needs to happen sooner to keep some measure of saftey this couldve easily ruined both races.

My take is that Peter done what I woulve done, He had a great opportunity to pass cleanly, the defending shouldve been done before this, I think Artyom has decided far too late to defend and left Peter no time to adjust, nothing malicious but defending needs to happen sooner to keep some measure of saftey this couldve easily ruined both races.
Did you maybe switch me and Arty up there? :)

No incidents to report.

I've done the same thing Peter pulling over to late, I put it down to mirrors and getting used to where the cars actually are mirrors can distort gap im slight better at judging now. So waiting till last minute is even harder.
Best way is just to take part of track you want earlier when wanting to defend it I tend to use look back button more to judge now than mirrors when defending.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%