Season 14 Race 7 Austria - Setup Thread

Peter Decker

PrestoGP Veteran
Now we have our server up, lets fire away some setup tips shall we? :)

I've heard commentators say this considers to be just slow short corners and long straights. Dont know if sector 2 and 3 is that? Maybe Malaysia setups could be good to use? Ive tried mine and ticked +1 front and -2 back wings, feels a bit more responsive in entries. But dont like some nasty bumps in some exits. Maybe someone has magic tricks to handle those bumps for the rears? :)

Since no one responded yet, but some seemed to like my writing, I guess I'll continue! ;)

About brakes: I had 80 kg at Canada which burned the brakes. At Austria, as been said, higher temps will be reached at 2 places but less overall wear. Im playing around with 90kg+ force now. Did someone know how to check the brake disc thickness in motec i2 pro? I cant find that channel :(

Maybe someone has magic tricks to handle those bumps for the rears? :)

Right foot and steering correction, I honeslty don't see anything else because a higher ride height can smoothen the car on them but is also useless for the rest of the time.

I don't know for Motec, in fact I haven't install Motec since rF1 two years ago !!

Concerning the track it's beautiful, very wide and I like that, nature around makes an excellent moutain atmosphere: a much better version than RaceRfactor.

I had some practise last night tried my Canada then Dino's, Dino's was way better over tricky bumps at t2 for me so I'll probably just stick with it this race I may not get anymore time to practise anyway still at work as i type lol.
T1 and t2 though were tricky to be consistent, I get thrown around t2 at the bumps going to be tricky in race for me.

I tried again Dino's setup: not good for me but it seems that it's better than mine...

I think I will get back to a high front ARB: with 431kg at the front I have better sensations on the brakes and corner entry.I also stay around 2.5° for front camber which helps me on fast corners.

For Turn 1 my tip is to take a wide line and clip the apex -without kerb- at the last moment and also stay out of the outside kerb.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%