Season 14 Race 5 Monaco - Setup Thread

Here is my personal setup for Monaco:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6rvnbyxb6tn6dy/FR35DF.svm?dl=0

I'm comfortable with it, of course there is quite a few adjustments compared to a classic road course: ride height up, preload up, gear ratios shorter, all the braking settings are correctly set and steering lock is on 20.5° the maximum.
Don't forget I play with a wheel right now, and in the controller setttings my DFGT is set on 540°.

My PB on qualifying conditions is 1.21.1, on a solo-rubbered track.

So with that setup and nobody but me on track, the 1 hour simulation is a success: no single mistake, no damage, all was right.
Except the engine which started to blow up in the very last lap, it's set on 3 so it better to set it on 4 (or 5 if it's possible).
Then, fuel was right: started with 86L, finish with 15L, make your deal !

Last thing, tires: degradation is very low, in fact I haven't pit in one hour (all tires were yellow except front-right which was red with 2.5 squares).
If the X2 tire wear is set to make us pit, it's to weak (set it on X4 and there will be pit-stops), or stay like that and absolutely no pit for one hour, no release for 60 minutes, no quick drinking while damaged repair !! :laugh:).

Ye think we can have some test and just use more tire wear, I had some practise tonight never did any full stints but seemed less wear.

Also Its quite important to stay clear of walls some slight contact can result in big damage, I think because front wing stints out past front wheels it can catch the wall. Race going to be tough :thumbsup:

Attachments

• sean q 3.svm
    4.2 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Still fast on a hotlap as I see ! I'm 2.5s behind you atm...anyway I wonder what your steering wheel range and steering sensitivity are right now.I've tried your setup but with my wheel setting, I can't drive it, I don't like, too much oversteer on the exit (if you don't answer today I understand why !! :thumbsup:

I'm on 540° steering range and 100% sensitivity, and I really wonder what are yours guys ? I'd like to try them.

I use 50% throttle and 20% brake sensitivity I think always should use linear for steering so 100%, I know I should use same for pedals 100% but for some reason I always get oversteering or wheel spin to much on exit. I recently went to 100% Melbourne and liked it but when I was doing stint practise I couldn't help but oversteer and spin out of exits with fuel so I reverted back to 50%.

I use 360 degrees and 18/19.5 lock, if you are using more degrees than David and same 20.5 lock then I would suggest oversteer is coming from throttle control rather than sensitive steering as your already less than David's.
Maybe we should redo the thread with each persons in game setting etc now we have played it for a while if anyone's made any changes that might help people out.

my log prof.jpg
rf2contset.jpg
Very intresting to see your settings but I would like to know what your profiler settings are.would also like some comments on the 2 screen shots attached as I find it very difficulty exiting slow corners..
getting the power down without lighting up the rears.
many thanks in advance for the help
ive also done up to 200 laps offline at Monaco and im not sure if I will race as I cant find any reasonable setting or setup that helps me

The most common settings for the logitech profiler are...

overall - 100
spring - 0
damper - 0

enable centre spring ticked but at 0

allow game to adjust settings - ticked

I use 0.75 multi ingame and 10 smoothing, also 25% throttle, rest is roughly the same.

Here are mine:
http://www.hapshack.com/?v=guaVN.png
http://www.hapshack.com/?v=w8CN.jpg

"would also like some comments on the 2 screen shots attached as I find it very difficulty exiting slow corners.."

I haven't seen you in action...but I think that to countersteer while accelerating is the most important thing to remember (maybe you already do that !).Use rather the 2nd gear than the first, which isn't settable.
FR 3.5 has a VERY poor mechanical grip (I don't really know if ISI have implemented that on it !!! :inlove:).

Increase rear ride-height and decrease rear packers might be better than defaults setting.Also put some rear toe in (try yourself the max OUT') might get your car more stable.

ive also done up to 200 laps offline at Monaco and im not sure if I will race as I cant find any reasonable setting or setup that helps me

I've got another tip for you, I've tried that today and it works perfectly.I decided to take care of tire temperature and differential.

First of all, I've massively decreased camber (above all the front) and also reduced tire pressure, in order to get tires to work like they must.Those values were too high in all my setups (@David Turnbull's setup inspired me a lot !) because delta between inner tire temp. and outer tire temp. was too high (about 20°C when it's about 5-7°C !!).
The change has made his effect, I guarantee.

Second, the differential.

With the FR3.5, I've always found a very brutal transition every time I pulled off of the throttle, with oversteer I mean, and also an unstable car at the braking zone (front lockup then rear lokup and spin, very frustrating to drive :cry:).
Here's a very efficient solution: decrease the Power settting and increase the Coast !

Before it was same values for both (didn't find neither understand what to do with that)...now I've set the Power to the minimum value and the Coast to the maximum, it results to such very stable transitions (I've gained 0.6s on hotlap in Montreal if you ask me).

Thanks for your help nicolas I haven't changed the tyre pressures yet or camber but the differential I have been playing with and found the higher setting is more stable under braking I think.but the trade of of that is not so much turn in off throttle but I'm trying hard to get some sort of stability around the streets of monte I will try all that you've said and thanks for your time

I've found some issue with my differential setting (low Power and High Coast).

Sometimes at reacceleration the engine blow up a little, some smoke is blown out by the rear of the car and acceleration is reduced for a very little moment.So let's try to find a balance about that don't you think !

Also I've improved my PB: 1.19.8xx ! In fact my ride height was comfortable but not fast.I've, like everywhere, set it on the minimum and it was immediately a 0.7s gain on the time lap.
So I'm just about 1 full second behind David's PB; I was kind of frustrated and scared to give him 2.5s on such a short lap (above all I was already on the limit everywhere !).

Much more confident for the race !

I've got another tip for you, I've tried that today and it works perfectly.I decided to take care of tire temperature and differential.

First of all, I've massively decreased camber (above all the front) and also reduced tire pressure, in order to get tires to work like they must.Those values were too high in all my setups (@David Turnbull's setup inspired me a lot !) because delta between inner tire temp. and outer tire temp. was too high (about 20°C when it's about 5-7°C !!).
The change has made his effect, I guarantee.

Second, the differential.

With the FR3.5, I've always found a very brutal transition every time I pulled off of the throttle, with oversteer I mean, and also an unstable car at the braking zone (front lockup then rear lokup and spin, very frustrating to drive :cry:).
Here's a very efficient solution: decrease the Power settting and increase the Coast !

Before it was same values for both (didn't find neither understand what to do with that)...now I've set the Power to the minimum value and the Coast to the maximum, it results to such very stable transitions (I've gained 0.6s on hotlap in Montreal if you ask me).
Nicolas, juet be aware that due to the unfinished state of the contact patch in RF2 the temps are not a good guide to tyre pressure of camber at this time.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 203 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.3%