Season 14 Race 5 Monaco - Practice race(s)?

Peter Decker

PrestoGP Veteran
So! Time for the glitter and glamour of Monte Carlo! Of course we want to take part of this luxurious Mediterranean-facing gem as much as possible!

How convenient then to be able to go there before race-day together with the very same drivers as will hunt for the same chequered flag on real race day, and not only settle with having an ordinary track walk, but a racing track walk!

Who's interested? Poll is up! http://doodle.com/a386emqb6wfb7ste

The format? Some 15? 20? 30? min races with qualy before each? Intense and short enough so DNFs won't have to wait for ages. Maybe invulnerability? Any other dates/times, just shout.

Last edited:
I made some tests, and you can't come to that race unprepared ! Touching the wall can mean severe damage and spin, so disaster for you and many others in the race. We'll probably be safer with less damage % on the server - those test races will help us to decide that.

Yeah 30 minutes is good being a stint. Shorter would be good I guess more for battle-practice which also is worth practising here ;) Maybe do a 30 min but also one or two shorter races?

At the moment we are 6 ppl signed. Soon I feel some date and time should be decided.

Please everyone else, it would be both fun and a favor for all racers to get some time-efficient practice I think. Last races some have apologised for coming unprepared. This track probably is the most important to come well prepped...

sorry guys but my wife is in hospital for an operation at the minute (nothing serious) then when she gets out (hopefully tomorrow night) she will need a few days recovery time so I'll be a bit busy, If I do manage to get on it may just be for an hour whenever is decided but really you should count me out until at least the weekend :thumbsup:

Ok Dave! Hope things will run fine for her!

Btw, what about tyre wear? Will we go higher than x2? We could use this practice race session for tests, maybe run two intense battle-practice 15 mins with normal and higher wear + 30 min final practice-stint with the wear we believe in?

I'm available again to do some practise races, I'll be on tonight most likely and over the weekend for some stint practise, what I'll do is seeing as the qualifying server doesnt get a lot of action I'll change that to 30 mins practise with x4 wear, it will be noted in the server name which is which.

Ok guys, I guess enough time has been given for ppl to show interest, so I suggest we go for Monday 19-20 GMT. @Sean Greenlaw maybe can join between the sessions or afterwards when ppl still want to battle anyway? :)

What do you think about 2x15 min races with 2x and 4x wear? And after that a 30 min with whatever wear we'd like? And to use max of time for racing, we could have one 10 min qualy at 19 GMT for all the races perhaps?

Ye I think so I did 18 laps tonight on 2x server to get to 50% left on fl and rr, others between 60/70. If say race is 44/45 laps, I would have tires worn lower than 0% without a stop.
So at 2x I would need to stop.

Hm, so maybe skip 4x test and only test 3x? Do we want all to need a stop or make it a challenge for those that really can preserve tyres like Mr. Rouge? ;) @David Turnbull ?

I've also been thinking about damage %, actually I think invulnerability is a good idea for the real race since the barriers act so weird, hugging the front of car on the slightest tough at too many places. It is enough a penalty that you spin around (and also risk taking several others with you). Any ideas about that?

Me and Sean had a short discussion last night about this, He has done some longer runs and thinks that 2x will be enough but its probably right on the cut off, I also think x2 should be enough, Sean came up with why don't we just make it that we have to take a mandatory pit, it could be first lap or last you pit but you MUST PIT, this might help strategy variations and would mean we dont have to change the servers and nobody needs to get used to anything diffrent.

what do we think of a mandatory pit at Monaco?

Regards damage I think we need it on or we will be taking way more risks than we usually would, we need the threat of a dnf by hitting the walls too much in the race, I'd consider lowering it purely for Monaco to something like 30% (right now we use 50%) but going to 0% isnt an option.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 464 39.1%