Season 14 Race 2 China - Practice race(s)?

Here's your thread, good ! I've seen it but forget it.

So I think a test race will be very useful for the next race at Bahrein.Her's why.

Sakhir is a good track for medium downforce package (usually nammed as MDP) and I carried it on the VWSR 3.5 last year (very interested race if you ask me !!), so maybe I won't be the only one to proceed like that.
So in order to make all of us aware about how to manage the resulting delta speed between those two packages, we should (MUST ??) make a test race (like I've mentioned in the incident thread).

The MDP doesn't even need DRS to reach the 290 km/h on Sakhir (even Shanghai's backstraight was enough for me to reach 299, but with a hard lack of DF on the other part).
So DRS range or not I can easily overtake a HDP car on the mainstraight, during all the race, even when it's not yet enable ! :p

And just because I like to make things different than everybody, I won't be afraid to effectively carry the MDP for the next race (All the more that I've already done that like I said).

Prepare your brake disc to heat up, set your 6th gear correctly and clean your mirrors it will be hell of a race !! :sneaky:

Here's your thread, good ! I've seen it but forget it.

So I think a test race will be very useful for the next race at Bahrein.Her's why.

Sakhir is a good track for medium downforce package (usually nammed as MDP) and I carried it on the VWSR 3.5 last year (very interested race if you ask me !!), so maybe I won't be the only one to proceed like that.
So in order to make all of us aware about how to manage the resulting delta speed between those two packages, we should (MUST ??) make a test race (like I've mentioned in the incident thread).

The MDP doesn't even need DRS to reach the 290 km/h on Sakhir (even Shanghai's backstraight was enough for me to reach 299, but with a hard lack of DF on the other part).
So DRS range or not I can easily overtake a HDP car on the mainstraight, during all the race, even when it's not yet enable ! :p

And just because I like to make things different than everybody, I won't be afraid to effectively carry the MDP for the next race (All the more that I've already done that like I said).

Prepare your brake disc to heat up, set your 6th gear correctly and clean your mirrors it will be hell of a race !! :sneaky:

Bahrain was for me also a track that I chose MDP for, but it was a very tight choice concerning the laptimes. I did more or less do it for the topspeed in the end.
But without having tested on this track again so far, I bet that even this is rather a HDP track now for me.
The setups got even more extreme now when it comes to corner speeds and traction which are all helped greatly by downforce, first and foremost at the rear. Also the tires allow for even faster cornering now too than in the past.
Everything goes now half a second and more quicker than in the VWSR season which shocked me a bit, but that's how it is now.

Also another point:
So DRS range or not I can easily overtake a HDP car on the mainstraight
It took me more than half of the race to overtake someone with MDP vs HDP because out of the last corner, no matter how good I got it, the lower cornerspeed + dirty air effect gave you a slower corner-exit with MDP + you also had to break earlier because you had worse braking capabilities.
My point is, it wasn't easy.

The stuff you have to account for in this situation is realizing that if you have a MDP opponent in front of you, he will brake earlier than you for corners. That is pretty much it; so adjust to that so that you don't run into him.

Last edited:
I'll put this in here as its the most relevant thread at the moment.

Remembering Presto is a fun and open league and in the guidlines states that .....

Full transparency around setup
We have a thread that we use when developing setups for the races. There are no secrets around setups, you can have the same setup as any driver you wish, they will gladly share it. The reasons for this slightly unusual feature are:
  • We want the average driver to spend as little time on setup’s as possible (to allow him to use more time practicing consistency etc.)
  • We wish to remove the uncertainty that the setups create (believing others are faster due to setup’s etc. does not provide the optimal practice focus)
  • It helps promote a friendly atmosphere
I've noticed that it's mainly me and Sean supplying setups, If its a problem to share the setups on here where you might be worried a direct competator in another series will find them then please share openly on server or on our Mediafire, this will help all of us further our skills and enjoyment of the game and may also help more people to be stable and safer on track, this goes for not just the faster guys but everyone, if you think you have something that might help then post away in the setup threads created.

Regarding practise race's between events we always had presto practise races in the off week, it stopped a couple of seasons back as the attendance made it less and less worthwhile. If we had plenty of intrest then I see no reason to arrange the same again, Peter is the man for this as he brought it up :) but I'd attend them if i could, I need the practise I've only been playing the game regular since season 13 end so I'm still a relative noob with rf2 to the guys whove played in the 3 years its been released.

Everything goes now half a second and more quicker than in the VWSR season which shocked me a bit, but that's how it is now.

Interesting, I didn't realize that 'cause I haven't compared lap times.You did !
But I know that be forced to drive on cockpit view makes me change my playing style: I can be better in front tire management (funny to see how a POV switch can quickly improve the skill).

Anyway, MDP or not the most critical point for me for now is the tire wear and I'll choose the package which guarantee the best on it.I'll surely hesitate for a moment...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%