SEASON 14 RACE 2 -CHINA- INCIDENT REPORT

While warumup (after the practice starts), the time stands on around 8 min,
i left the room for around 1 min.
After i came back i herad the signal-horns on the speakers ... i was wondering ...
I looked at the screen, then i saw only a few seconds till start (around 2 or 3s) ...
I Jumped with my drink in the hand on the seat, put the drink on the table, pressed clutch and throttel and took the wheel with the rigth hand and put in 1st gear - at once !
At this time clock stands on 0:00:00 ... then my brain freezes for some milliseconds, so i had a delayed start and lost some places :O_o:

Why ?

During race i had only two wheelbangs with Peter at start :) ... not more :cry: ... ;)

Martin

We had a 3 minute break after qualifying, then a 3 minute break after practise starts, I said on server we would be starting race in 3 minutes, thats 6 minutes really for break/warmup, inbetween we had 4 practise starts :)

Only one remarkable incident, really. Right at the end with Dino a lap ahead right behind me approaching turn 11. I spin while getting off the brakes and turning in, and he's unable to avoid me. The thing that makes this worse is it happened to Dino in Malaysia too. Sorry, Dino. My mistake. :(

The Dino and April incident.

when allowing someone to lap the best place is on a straight, in my opinion Dino was sufficiently behind that April could've carried on normally until the main straight, then a small lift and Dino is past, it's an unfortunate incident but help's us show that extra special care must be taken when dealing with the lapping procedure, do not panic or do anything diffrently than you would normally, think of the best place coming up to allow the pass, if the guy who is lapping is that much faster he will get past under normal racing circumstances but if not then the next safest opportunity, what I mean is don't suddenly give up your corner to allow someone past, complete your own manouver first safely then think of the next manouver calmly.

In that case I think April wanted to normally brake and let Dino pass through the next snail (it's easy on it because you can stay on the outside with a reduced speed an let a wide room on the inside)
But she missed her braking manouver, maybe she felt a little tension to have the leader at the butt, or just a normal mistake.

I suggest more club races in FR 3.5 for the league, why not just a 30 minutes race on the "no race wednesday", just to make somebody used to that moves: manage a blue flag, try a risky overtake.Eventually a reverse grid race (for the fun of course) based on the ranking: it will be a bunch of overtake but what is better for the training ? :p

I suggest more club races in FR 3.5 for the league, why not just a 30 minutes race on the "no race wednesday", just to make somebody used to that moves: manage a blue flag, try a risky overtake.Eventually a reverse grid race (for the fun of course) based on the ranking: it will be a bunch of overtake but what is better for the training ? :p

last time that we have did a 30min. races was sunday,monday and tuesday :D more than this what you want?:roflmao:

I don't normally make mistakes like that under blue flag pressure. But I'm still susceptible to mistakes like that when driving alone. I was anticipating Dino would make the pass on the backstraight with DRS, but ultimately I just intended to keep one eye on my mirrors.

What I've always been told to do in these situations is drive normally until the faster car initiates a pass, at which point I make the pass easy for them. This normally just means I'll lift when they move out of my slipstream on a straight.

Last edited:
When ? And did everybody know that ?

I made a separate thread about it ;)

However, I like the idea of a bit more organised practice races :) The idea of reversed grid order is also good - that would simulate both "ordinary" as well as lapping overtakes

Maybe it is hard for people to have had enough practice experience one whole week before the actual race tho?

I don't normally make mistakes like that under blue flag pressure. But I'm still susceptible to mistakes like that when driving alone too. I was anticipating Dino would make the pass on the backstraight with DRS, but ultimately I just intended to keep one eye on my mirrors.

What I've always been told to do in these situations is drive normally until the faster car initiates a pass, at which point I make the pass easy for them. This normally just means I'll lift when they move out of my slipstream on a straight.

I guess according to the presto guidelines this is the main principle of action, to let the overtaker make a move first. You had this planned good from what I can see - if it hadn't been for that spin, your timing to let Dino pass would have not only been good but also giving him a bonus of a slip free of charge (read: lost DF in corner exit) :thumbsup:

I will however post my own lapping problems to be discussed about the case where the lapped car stays on line blocking racing line through parts without straights.

1 big incident to report with Mark Breslin and Nicolas Rouge who got caught up in that, and maybe some other drivers. I really need to make a video about it before i can comment more. Will try to do my full incident report tomorrow. Sorry for delay.
Only incident to report is with Steeve Fournier but don't want to comment further until I'm home at the weekend to review replay, ( or Steeve manages to upload video in the mean time)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 389 39.9%