Season 14 Race 1 Melbourne - Setup Thread

Tim McIver

PrestoGP Veteran
Lets get started...

Whilst a setup thread normally deals with Setups, I'm having some trouble setting up the track. Melbourne is running with significantly worse performance than Austria and Interlagos. Most worrying it seems very jerky even with decent FPS. There's a also a less significant issue with the transparency of the track side scenery. Is anyone else getting similar problems?

I've also made a suggestion in the Austria practice race thread that we adopt 2x tyre wear for the whole season.

Looking forward to getting the season started (and also to someone posting a half decent Melbourne setup in this setup thread)

Tim.

It might as well be me that gets us started. This setup is Seans from Interlagos with a couple of minor changes. I managed a 1:33.348 with it.

Attachments

• sean inter Tim.svm
    4.2 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Hey guys just need some help with aus setup.im using the setup that david sent at the start of the austrian gp.that setup felt great and i got a bit of confidence with the car but in aus I can't use a lot of the curbs as it just throws the car around.im not sure if it's the setup/track/me or my wheel settings
Anyone els found this

Hey guys just need some help with aus setup.im using the setup that david sent at the start of the austrian gp.that setup felt great and i got a bit of confidence with the car but in aus I can't use a lot of the curbs as it just throws the car around.im not sure if it's the setup/track/me or my wheel settings
Anyone els found this

Get used to not using much of curb anywhere. In Melbourne they are quie high on some spots too.
Since we can get away with such crazy low right hight (and packer) settings we will have a car that is very senistive to beeing thrown around on higher curbs. But I woudn't sacrifice any of the extra grip / underbody downforce for this to be honest, but instead focus on finding the right lines with no excessive curb-riding :)

Is it best to go for a high or medium down-force package? Excuse my ignorance - hopefully by the end of the first season, I'll be up to speed in the basics :O_o:

High downforce package at nearly everywhere except like Spa or Monza I'd think.
Yes Spa is Med Down Force.
You might find that you need to tweak some suspension settings and diff lock to make it work but its fastest.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 97 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 106 13.7%