Season 13 - Weather

I'd like to thank you daniel for continueing to do this for us, youve been invaluable to the fun weve had for a huge number of seasons, and long may it continue.

time is getting short for practise races so hopefully all by now, trust daniels judgement in making the weather files without us having to practise beforehand, im happy to just go with it.

Last edited:
I agree with anything Daniel provides us! :thumbsup: His great job for so many seasons was always an enrichment.

If I had one wish to Daniel I'd ask for a bigger variety in the Event if it happens to rain. For example a 5 min shower, then sunny again and maybe later rain again or so.

But since I never knew if Daniel creates the weather from scratch (like I would do with weather generator) or using a formular I would never dare to give any advice. And I really don't want to get too many details from him, to get the best effect out of it.

Bottom line: Go on with your great job - I'm happy with anything you do! ;)

Thanks for continuing to create our weather Daniel:thumbsup:

PS. Can you switch the British summer back on for a few more weeks...it's gone bloody cold n wet over here and I've got mud on my new bike:O_o:

Huge thanks Daniel!

One idea: could something be made to avoid the extreme difference between on and off-path after drying up? Like 0% - 40% or what have had on several occasions and have been talking about. Maybe the only solution is to have pure wet races if wet at all (except lighter rain perhaps).

Ok.

Yes, we have discussed that a bit last seasons and mostly ruled changed temperatures out - that would demand more preparation time for all of us :unsure:

I would think that maybe max 20% difference between on- and off-path would be a good balance. Hence maybe weathers could be constructed in 4 "levels".
1. Dry
2. Dry - light rain
3. Light - Heavy rain
4. Clouds are falling down

Please brainstorm with me here guys or cut my tongue off :speechless:

In my view the "weakness" of how the weather workds is:
-The long off path drying time
-That driving off-path doesn't seem to cool the tyres

The only solution I can see (without changing the temperature) is to avoid scenarios with a drying track. However, I do not think I would like to remove that part of the changeable weather.

So to sum up I do not see any solution to the above mentioned weaknesses.

I am not sure if I understand you post above mine Peter, how the 4 levels would help the on/off path wetness difference. Or are you talking about constant weather (or that it only goes from dryer to wetter and not the other way around)?

i think he means constant wetness at any given event, we'd have 4 levels that daniel chooses from and the whole event stays like that.

to be honest the only problem i see is the off path wetness but it throws an extra into the mix so i dont mind it too much.

Yes I meant what David said (edit: maybe not, not meaning contant rain, just fluctuating wetness of predefined intensity interval - for instance 0-20%, 20-40%, ...)

Nico, I agree with your 2 weaknesses. My view is that if we keep the rain intensity inside certain % intensity (edit: % intervals), we should be ok.

I am not too fond of this extreme sharp-edged contrast which is highly unrealistic. The results I see is danger and frustration more than joy. For example when I was faster than Reik at Monza and there was no point to go off-path, instead I just pushed him forward... :D

i wouldnt be adverse to leaving the weather out of the season opener, a few new guys so dunno how they would deal with it, once monza is out the way we can have the usual array of servers including wet so that the new guys can have a practise at it.

whatever is decided im cool with though :thumbsup:

Yeah sounds like a plan.

Would it be manageable for you Daniel to generate such random weather I was talking about earlier?

We could test that on a fun race or something like the one now with monza perhaps. Two short wet races (long enough for drying-effect), one with bigger interval of rain intensity and one with less to hold on-off-path-difference at max 20% or so.

What do ya'll say mates? :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years