Season 13 Race 8 Spa 2008 Setup Thread

Reik Major

Premium
Thought I just get us started here for the final round. ;)

Due to no practise servers, I had my first warm up yesterday in an offline qualy session. Last year's setup still felt nice, even if a bit nasty (but quick). Quickly got close to my PB.

A bit later I took my last AbuDhabi setup from two weeks ago and only adjusted wings and gears to suit Spa. It felt a bit more stable and resulted in similar lap times.

I will post setups asap...

Ok, had my second session yesterday, this time on Peters server. The setup from Abu Dhabi seems to be the right choice, because I drove my new PB with it (2:01:683). I'm very surprise how much driving (and maybe setup) improved since last year. Wonder what David can achieve actually. ;)

The setup feels great. So much pressure from the rear. You can go full throttle early and make the rear help turning even in middle and high speed corners. Can be tricky in slower corners and the rain though. If it feels too agressive just soften rear springs at least. But this could cost you a bit cornering speed.

I'm sorry I have no time to make a vid, so here's the replay file if you like to watch it ingame. Just drop the "txt" it into \MyDocuments\SimBin\RACE 07\ReplayData and rename it into *.vcr ;)

Attachments

• Reik-2014-b.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 332
  • Reik-F3000-Spa08-2-01-683.txt
    149.7 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
nice time reik :thumbsup:

i havent managed to get on at all so that looks like it will be the new spa benchmark, i will be on tonight though for a while from around 8.30 uk time if anyone fancies a few laps and races:)

i'll use your setup from the start reik see how i get on with it then post what i feel from it.

first time ive been on since the watkins race and had sore wrists in minutes lol :confused:

managed a 2.01.8 with your setup reik but i had to change a couple of things, steering lock upto 19, rear springs down to 80 then i was able to get the power down alot easier, before that i was far too twitchy when any sort of throttle was applied.

thanks for setup i'll stick with it now until race day, will try get on tomorrow again :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 75 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 51 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.6%