Season 13 Race 7 Watkins Glen Setup Thread

Reik Major

Premium
Had my first test in offline Qualy. Managed a 1:29:277. My last year's best was 1:29:209. Made very tiny chnges to last setup. See attached. Think it's more tricky to drive now. ;) Not sure if times will be the same on a server but I think conditions should be very similar...

Attachments

• Reik-2014-ab-EB1.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 289
New PB, 1.28.888 :) using the setup below, modified from Sean's :thumbsup:

p.s I also tried Jim's setup, the first one he posted, I managed very low 1.29s within 2 laps, its very stable at the rear end, If i had more testing time I'd deffo use parts of it in my setup, mainly to get it to turn in a bit more.

Attachments

• david watkins q s6.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 296
I think my car turns in very well due to the hard rear (springs at 100) and due to Engine Brake Mapping at 1. So be carefull when using my Setup, because too fast downshifts into low gears may make you spin. ;)

it makes tea for you, it makes dinner sometimes, it can also help in bed (so i heard) but as for what it does for driving an f3000 thats probably very little or nothing, for me, it does nothing, i can fool myself into thinking it does but then i can do the same times with default or extreme settings, so personal opinions count quite a bit.

The brake mapping leaves the throttle open a little when you let the pedal go. More brake mapping, less engine friction when off the power. Run it too low, and you get inconsistent balances when braking at different speeds/gears. Though in the case of Reik's setup, it gives the car a power-off oversteer. Unusual IMO, but I think it's a great idea. :)

it can also help in bed (so i heard)

That's one of those secret settings:whistling:

Capture1.JPG

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline