Season 13 Race 7 WATKINS GLEN - RACE REPORT

qualifying - 1st :)

great lap at the first attempt, 1.29.0, wasnt going to try for another but went again and got 1.29.1 so both good laps and enough to take pole, number 8 in a row :)

race - 1st :)

started badly :(, lost out to sean and very nearly jim on the run down the straight, managed to hold 2nd and put pressure on sean, had some great laps and fun with sean for around 9 laps until sean made a slight mistake in the last turn and i could pass before turn 1, once ahead i stayed there fairly comfortably, the gap going to 2 seconds then we do our pit, i got a slightly better pit than sean so the gap had now increased to 4.5 seconds, at our second pits again the gap increased this time to 9 seconds, on track though me and sean were roughly the same pace, some laps id be quicker some laps him, in the end i think the gap was 11 seconds and could bring it home with hardly any mistakes in the race.

grats podium and everyone who finished, its a great track to race on, one of my favourites in race07.

cya all at the legend that is SPA! :cool:

p.s Here's that shot I mentioned in the vid :)

Last edited:
i think you probably could have reik, we didnt set any record times, i think my best in the race was 1.31.0 which was the fastest lap? i was expecting 1.30's but they never came, probably with the battles then trying to settle down and just hold positions, as usual when your not there though we miss you :thumbsup:

Q10th
R 9th

Huge race until 1st pit lap18, was fun in T5 and T6 a lap April in front lap after mine time,
always the turns side by side along the fights also Bob M. , Bob S. and Nicolai were close,
April manages to escape, Bob M. I saw in mine mirrors out, Bob S. lost a car only me and
Nicolai now in fights meantime hold the gap with April.
I don't remember how many time we have did T5 and T6 paired and only 1 or 2 laps before pit
I could put a bit of gap with Nicolai fun fun fun great race Nico;).After pit a little alone race
so managed to finish the race only a shake after last pit Vince was near I tried to catch him
push a bit more and the mistakes come with tenths lost then blue flag ok manage to finish the race Vale:D,

Congrats David Sean Peter and all us

PS Nicolai which chair you use if have to unscrew the door? :D
I know your country have many woods and trees but you have to use part of tree not all the tree:roflmao:

i think you probably could have reik, we didnt set any record times, i think my best in the race was 1.31.0 which was the fastest lap? i was expecting 1.30's but they never came, probably with the battles then trying to settle down and just hold positions, as usual when your not there though we miss you :thumbsup:

Maybe I could have. In a short stint test fastest time in the first 5 laps was a 1:30:8xx. other times varyed around very low 31's...

My Race

Q, P3 :)

R, P4 :):(:unsure:

Started well and followed David and Sean for a bit, their pace was just a bit too quick so by the time we pitted I had fallen back to around 6 or 7 secs behind but I had +13 on P4 so was feeling good

My first pit stop, let me explain:rolleyes:

I thought I might be a bit light on fuel so decided to add 5ltrs to my tank at the first stop, something I don't normally do, messing with the pit menu whilst trying to drive, I always find that I loose more time than I can gain due to being distracted from the business of driving, but I was fairly concerned about not having enough fuel so I had to do something
Whilst entering the pit lane I was still pressing stuff trying to get it back around to the confirm pit button, then I looked up and realised I had forgotten to slow down:sick:, I slammed into the back of the Pace Car and went up in the air, landed upside down......wot a plonka. By the time I'd sorted myself out I had dropped well back but I knew I had good speed so I got my head down and set about a recovery drive

I managed to get past all up to Peter who was lapping around about the same pace as me so I finished P4 about 5 or 6 seconds adrift

I enjoyed it immensely but I'm still gutted that I threw away a podium to a stupid error:(

Grats to David and Sean and all, see you's at Spa

Jim

PS: I finished with 11ltrs of fuel so I didn't need the extra 5 after all :speechless:<censored

Very disappointing for me. After the incident at the T1 I managed to settle into 4th and was feeling quite strong. Then whilst going flat out down the straight I lost all steering and went straight off into the wall. I got suspension damage but that was off little consequence with no steering whatsoever. My pedals still worked (on different USB cable). I'll have to investigate the cause. They were fine again after I restarted the PC.

Q.2nd
R. 2nd

Ok start and good run down straight let me just do enough to get lead. Rest of 1st stint was good battle with me and David as you can see in his video.
My pits were slight short 1st and slight long 2nd cost me most time and really needing a mistake from David to get close again which didn't come.

Good race though grats David and Peter and Finishers
Cyas Spa sorry so late report :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.2%