Season 13 Race 6 Abu Dhabi Setup Thread

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
Hi guys,

Here's last times setup and hotlap, I will start my practise with it this time and see where it take's me.

p.s Also I've put a server up with Abu and Watkins, The server Nico has up doesn't work because Abu needs a track in front of it in the rotation, When Nico's around he will sort this out :) until then use my server and forward event to Abu (also gives some practise for Watkins too) :thumbsup:

Attachments

• david abu one.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 342
Here's my setup. It's just last years setup, because any changes I did in my first test made it feel worse. ;) Atm I do hard to drive under 1:53. No clue how I did a 1:52:4xx (like the setup note says). Maybe just need more laps to find the flow. Track is very demanding.

Any ideas why last lap times for Abu are gone at PrestoGP.com?

Attachments

• Reik-2014-a.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 343
Think it might just be laps reik, im back to my pb times of 1.52.2, i done around 25-30 laps the other night and felt great right away.

not got a clue why the times aint working reik, its a wierd one, they were working last time we were here, i suppose we can always do like we do in situations like this....

blame sean or peter, works for me :thumbsup:

Ok. With more laps, getting used to the flow and making tiny setup tweaks I managed a 1:52:277. I reduced engine brake mapping to 1 (!) to make the car turn better when going off throttle and rolling into the corner and I softend fast bound and fast rebound to make it a bit easier if I hit a curb. It might be tricky to drive though. ;)

Attachments

• Reik-2014-a-EB1b.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Considering my loose rear end I should try more rear wing too. Otherwise those tweaks to tame the car always make me slower at all. Conclusion: A fast car is always tricky to handle (at least for me). :whistling:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.9%