Season 13 Race 2 SINGAPORE - RACE REPORT

Sorry to hear Bob :(

I had a cracking Quali for P3. Sean got ahead of .007 or so. Think I put in a pb :)

My Race got an abrupt ending at lap 17 when I hammered into a braking Vince who must have been aiming for pits. Until that point I had been going better than expected at P3 before 1st of 2 stops. Had Sean in front at pretty much the same pace and ~3-4 secs, and Tim behind 0.7-3 secs. I dont remember last time I could keep Tim at distance like this evening!

Now lots of sleep.

Well, that's what I call timing... lol

My original plan was a 1 stop, but after seeing how my lap times dropped like crazy, I quickly switched to a 2 stop, and spent pretty much the entire race with more fuel than I'd like. But no matter, I had some good racing anyway. Especially at the end, I was chasing Valter who was determined I wasn't getting past. I only managed to slip by on the final lap! That was fun :)

After the last person finished the race, and all the results were up, I got a BSOD though. I mean, at least it wasn't during the race :p That's more luck than I've had recently. But a reformat's due, so I guess I'd best get started on that while I have a weekend off from racing. :D

I had an incident early in the first few laps, read about it in the incident report thread. After this, I had to pit and was rather upset. Feeling very out of it, I made multiple more mistakes and finished fifteenth. My only real accomplishment here was finishing, because I did not even beat anyone who did not have a mechanical failure of some sort.

I feel that if I practiced long runs more, and did not make the stupid move I did that ended up with the incident, I very well possibly could have finished tenth if not better. despite all this, I had some awesomely fun racing for the first few laps which I enjoyed very much :thumbsup:.

I have also updated my signature to mention that I am a Presto GP member :D

Qualifying - 1st :)

good lap, surprised to get the time i did with so little practise over the last week, happy to be pole for the second race running :)

Race - 1st :)

started very well and kept the lead into turn 1, the whole first stint i just kept the foot and head down to create a gap knowing my pits would be quicker than usual as id started heavy.

everything went according to plan pretty much the entire race, i was able to keep pulling away in mostly clean air, the lapping i had to do i was accommodated very quickly at parts of the track i didnt lose too much time at (thanks for that guys).

my only problem came when i came round the turn before the chicane and smash!! :( into a stationary car in the middle of the track, i received suspension damage but not enough that i couldnt handle it until the end a few laps later.

as usual thanks for the great racing, and cya all at suzuka :)

Q: 5th
OK lap, but not the best i could for sure. I expect it because i practice more stints than Q this time.

R: 4th
That's my payback for practicing stints :) I went for a 1 stopper, only reason was to cut in half the chance of a mess up in pits, as i don't often practice pit stops. Maybe 2 stops would've been a better choice though....

Had a good start, was able to pass Vince to get in 4th place, but little touch with Peter in T3 and Tim was able to get by me. So back in 5th. The gap was increasing about the same amount in front (Tim) and behind me (jim). It was clear that Jim was on 1 stop too, but i had doubts about Tim. Gap was about 10 sec each side when the 2 stoppers start to pit. I was happy to see Tim was one of them, i thought: i have a chance at 3rd place. Found myself 1st for a few laps, until David's decide that spot belongs to him ;) But anyway it was time for me to pit hehe :)

Not much happen after that, i try to reduce small mistakes the more possible to make it hard for Sean and Tim to pass me back after their 2nd stop. But i really succeed in failing to that task lol. Had no treat from Jim behind, he was like 15 sec. so i just kept the car on track to the end.

Thanks to all the PrestoGP oganization, Nico, Daniel (i love dry races :) ), and all precious members. Hopefully i'll join a few more races this season. :thumbsup: Always a great pleasure to race with you guys.

Steeve

Grats David, Sean, Tim :)

Q 12 Not bad for my average.

R 10
It was fun to fight with Nicolai the first laps. Of course, I was overtaken after a few laps. But I did get the opportunity to be a little mean to him.

On the fourth lap, April approaches from the queue. Very nice to be chased by a woman I must say. it's not every day that happens. I get away this time.

L10. I follow Bob M and Nicolas R calmly. Deciding to stop for tires, fuel and a cup of coffee. Out again as P17.

L12. Damien let me pass in a very friendly manner.

L23. Pitstop. P8 to P12.

L24 April is chasing me again. I'm overwhelmed. Very entertaining to mess with her. But it was fair that she got past at the end, she drove much smother than me (I've checked the replay). Thanks for the hard fight April. It was an exciting finish.

Thanks to all of you guys for this fantastic Presto GP community.

CU at the next event :)

Last edited:
The BEST first!
it was great and I made it to the end :thumbsup:

but:
in the middle of my hotlap the blue dots are suddenly disappeared!
I then saw no more of you.
I am very glad that I was able to log in again.
Thank you for your support::)
Unfortunately, it has whirled the starting grid:(
From 8th place out at the start, I let myself fall back deliberately to the end and hope all are well down past me.

Again, many thanks
Grats David, Sean, Tim :)

Q.2nd Just lol

R:2nd 62 59 59

Race start ok Peter was quite close through 1st stint he made just a slight mistake that gave me a bit breathing space. 1st pit I had to double or triple reverse to get back into pit box and 2nd stop I stopped to early lol costing quite abit of time. Rest of the race at the end of stints I was struggling with front tires and general racing line wasn't up to normal standards so pace to a hit. Lucky for me when I had to pass Jim and Steeve they were on much worn tires at the time.

In the end happy to get back in 2nd as I think had Peter been still in race and Perhaps if Steeve and Jim had 2 stopped I would have been behind them also.

Grats David and Tim Well done everyone who finished, unlucky for people who didn't make it, Peter is close to getting in some good results I feel and sos again for wall Bob :thumbsup:

Cyas in Suzuka :thumbsup:

fun race also at back:D the train in first laps is always a mix between fear and pleasure and this track an attempt is possible in every turns so Nelson,Kurt,Tito and me are starded in an intense battle until contact Nelson-Tito after this until pit lap14 a GREAT & CLEAR battle with Kurt:thumbsup:.Planned 2 pits this time Singapore eat tires:) after 2nd pit Bob Laube was too ahead but is fun try and an attempt is never a wrong thing:) so at end of race i saw the shape of the car Bob was there but the race was over and amusement at top:)

Congratulations David,Sean,Tim and all us:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back