Season 13 Race 2 SINGAPORE - INCIDENT REPORT

hi,
after seeing the video I think, pit entry is in very bad location..
I remember, try my best to take inside the race line, brake late to avoid incident, :( sorry my poor English, I would like to express better..
Im not wide, I think, Peter try to use slipstream and take same race line, was suddenly for him also, ( f3000 not yellow turn light ) I make some videos and photos for more point of view.
I change my mind I think was not my fault.. With all respect, I upload examples pit entry, include Peter entry,, Peter said I need "practice pit entry" I don't think so.
same way, sorry for this Incident, :redface:Peter had DNF and I lose a lot of spot.

advise are welcome,

IMG_5069.PNG
IMG_5070.PNG
IMG_5071.PNG
IMG_5072.PNG
Peter 2.PNG

regards the incident, i dont think theres much you couldve done, vince did slow down a bit too much too quickly but in his defense unless youve practised singapore pits quite a bit their a bloody nightmare hence why i mentioned it before the race.

unfortunate racing incident i think here, both had no time to react once vince's decision to go into the pits was taken.

That is a good take on it all, David. To not only call it a race incident and leave it like that, I'll add a bit more below for future better outcomes of similar situations perhaps.

hi,
after seeing the video I think, pit entry is in very bad location..
I remember, try my best to take inside the race line, brake late to avoid incident, :( sorry my poor English, I would like to express better..

Im not wide, I think, Peter try to use slipstream and take same race line, was suddenly for him also, ( f3000 not yellow turn light ) I make some videos and photos for more point of view.

Yes, pit entry is bad. It should be before that first full-speed corner I think. You were not wide as I wrote about directly afterwards. :)
I was totally committed to the corner and did not focus at you before my turn-in-point. Then it seemed like you suddenly braked irregularly hard. I thought, since you braked so hard, you would manage to turn left sooner than maybe the wider pit-entry lines than the others - including me - that you give examples of. Instead your trajectory was straight ahead after apex. Please pay close attention to the speed carried at apex and when reaching the pit-entry-line in my videos compared to me and the other videos you posted.

(Also enjoy some Swedish morning radio :) )

http://youtu.be/gpOW443zRy0 (why doesn't this link become an embedded video here)

edit: here's me from behind again:
http://youtu.be/kEWVb1TYSBk

I change my mind I think was not my fault.. With all respect, I upload examples pit entry, include Peter entry,, Peter said I need "practice pit entry" I don't think so.
same way, sorry for this Incident, :redface:Peter had DNF and I lose a lot of spot. advise are welcome,

I am sorry Vince - I do not feel I should take all responsibility like you say after your change of opinion. I may be harsh, but we all are committed to this and I want all others to be discussing this seriously to me too.

To have something to remember for the future, I would say your pit-entry was on the limit of being unsafe. Maybe your examples comparing pit-entry of the fastest drivers don't give a good comparison, but your abrupt way of slowing hard instead of keeping a line more similar to the others at higher speed was not the right way I believe. Conclusion: We should give clear and smooth signs to people behind before pit-entry. We should also practice pit-entries, difficult entries in particular. :thumbsup:

My experience was that I did not have much time to react - I could however have anticipated you to pit since you were pretty slow. I could also have held better margins in the first place and not "ignore" that you were "not that close" in front of me. I could also have been not that naive to think you would have time to get out of the racing line due to your slower speed. Conclusion: Pit-entries are not regular stuff, give people more space. :thumbsup:

I was mistaken, I do have an incident to report.

I rear ended Damien when I was about to lap him towards the end of the race. I think it happened because Damien lifted to allow me past while on the racing line and me close behind. There was no damage or problem for me and I hope the same was the case for Damien. I recorded it with fraps and will post the video as soon as i have time.

hey guys,

looks like we dont have an agreement on the vince and peter incident.

at the start i warned that pit entry would be dangerous and that people were to respect the white line on exit but entry was not important, why i said entry was not important is that to make the entry and stay within the line youd need to slow down far too much if in a racing situation with someone behind, clear track behind and its a fairly safe to try and make the white line at entry.

the incident itself i think vince is slowing down a bit too much, if you take apex speeds of all of vince's videos and pics then vince is at least 50kph slower at apex than everyone else when going for pits, now thats not a fault with your driving vince, no fault at all for being cautious at the pit entry :thumbsup: i mentioned they would be a nightmare and your totally right in that its a very bad entry.

my take on peters side is that maybe he could anticipate vince would pit, maybe take a wider line through the turn to avoid vince but it all happened so fast i dont realistically think peter couldve avoided.

i know this incident had a very bad ending for both peters race and vince position in the race but i think this is one of the more clear cut incidents weve had at an especially bad pit entry, personally i feel that this wont happen again at any other tracks this was a one off so i wouldnt be too upset guys and remember its not about apportioning blame (as my jedi master nico once taught me ;)) but what we can do to avoid in the future, one thing we could do is not use singapore :roflmao: but its a great track so lets find another way, in future at singapore we could all agree to use 1 bind for a pit key/button, if you have a car within 100m you press the button and "PIT IN!" shows, not ideal but its one way to avoid what happened :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Many wise things have been said about the incident between Peter and Vince, I would just like to add a fact that have not been mentioned. For me it looks like Vince is pitting at the end of lap 16. It is not a big issue, but it might have contributed to Peter not anticipating the chance of pit enough.

It is in my eyes very much a racing incident, I find it hard to say that I would have done it better regardless if I was in Vince' or Peter's car.

I remember, try my best to take inside the race line, brake late to avoid incident,
(...)
advise are welcome,
With the power of hindsight/retrospect I think it would be wiser to start coasting a bit earlier and avoid braking altogether.

it's ok guys,
Really I didn't blame Peter, was a situation unexpected, very sorry for us
I had nice races with Peter not complaint about the race incident, for a moment I thought let him pass before my pit entry but I saw Peter car so far of me, well, the only reason was the comment about "Vince need more practice pit entry" that was a bit disappointing to me, but I understand when we have a DNF everyone (including me) turn angry, again so sorry Peter

Thanks a lot David and Nicolai for help us
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
sorted out like the true presto gentlemen you both are :inlove:

really do get a warm fuzzy feeling when it comes to the community spirit we have here :thumbsup:

well... its either that or its the drugs WAYHAY!! :geek:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years