Season 12 Race 9 Montreal Setup Thread

i discovered that it is really tough on this track not to cut. especially in the chicanes. my fastest low 25s are always with 4 wheels off for a very short time. i checked my replays a few times. the best time with at least 2 wheels on track all the time was a high 25 (25.8 i think)

i think here is really much time to gain by cutting, even if it is just a little bit.

Something that came to mind as i spun on practice.. Safety in Montreal.

It is very easy to spin after those fast chicanes. If you do, it is best to stay put if you are unsure if there are cars coming. Older members might remember one nasty incident that lead to a driver retiring from the league all together. That was caused by him trying to get his nose back pointing forward and off the racing line way too fast and the cars following couldn't anticipate. It was nasty, i'll tell you and could've been avoided if he just would've waited 2 seconds.. There is no one sure way to recover, it always depends on the situation. If you are close to any edge, please either stay there, reverse to grass, anything but move to the center of the track. Of course i would like to hear from others how to handle those situations :)

Montreal is just very special place, you can spin out coming from T2, T4, T7 and T9 where T4, T7 and T9 impose the greatest danger but it can happen at T2 (nasty incident back when was at T2..) The speed where one goes thru them is high, visibility is low and drivers eyes are not as far as they would be on any other track due to proximity of walls. So car spins out front, you see it after the chicane and then it might be too late. It is surely too late if the spun out car does something unexpected, There is no time to react to a car moving across the road. That factor combined with virtually no runoff areas; danger!

When you pratice and you spun, take advantage of those situations and think how you can be safely out of racing line or otherwise make your self as small as possible. Reverse gear can be your greatest ally.

Last edited:
hello guys:)

have some issue when try to connect to Server: Booted as Possible Cheat. I tried to download from David's mediafire but was not possible. I download from PrestoGP MyDrive I think this MontrealGP continue corrupted,
Nicolai :thumbsup: could you update the correct track on MyDrive please, Thank you so much

thanks for setup guys, not enough time to practice :(
see you all ;)

heres my fastest so far, 1.23.3 with a mistake at the hairpin, no wides or cuts, think i could still find upto .3 laptime with more practise, i might switch to stint practise now though.

using seans setup with 17/20 wing and -3.0 rear camber ;)

sorry for the jumpy video i think something decided to scan my pc at the same time i made the vid :( if i beat my time ill upload a new one.

i probably wont be able to race tomorrow.
my internet connection still doesnt work right. it disconnects quite often. the next step is that i will get a new router from my cable company but that wont happen before thursday or friday.

:mad:

i will try tomorrow after work if somthing has changed. if not i wish you all the best for the race.

greetings
julius

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back