Season 12 Race 4 Bahrain Setup Thread

Nope, just.. this

Sean average speed: 187,9
My average speed: 177,6

We do not belong to the same series. Those figures are well beyond what single make class performance difference should be. I really don't know if i should participate to tonights race due to so large speed difference. In real life, i would not be allowed to race.

Quitting does not exist in this Dojo!!

cmon kennett, ill keep disliking your posts if you keep up this negativity, mabe bahrain is just showing diffrent things after all seans got a merc engine in his mclaren.

Last edited:
I personally think that you should stay kennet :)
We all have good and bad races it works both ways on.
Not everyone is strong on every circuit I know that there is some bogie tracks for me coming up that my race and quali pace will be questionable.

It is my honest opinion that 107% rule should be used and wea re really close to that now. We have fun in the back, that's true but the gaps are too big. Lappings happen way too early, at this point FIA would give warnings, speed up or... I'm not alone there, in the land of Captain Slow. Spread is too wide, i think we have a sort of guideline (at least i do...) that if lappings happen before first pitstop, something needs to change. Just causes unnecessary traffic, more now since we are allowed to race freely at the back (which is tons of fun, fair and balanced racing...). At some point, a cutoff point needs to be defined.

Last edited:
I'm sort of in the same boat Kennett, in a sense of despair in terms of matching the pace of the guys ahead. Watching these onboard videos, I do my best to take tips, but at times, it does seem like there's an extra 10% grip to what we have.

I think my setups are fine, and it's my driving that's letting me down. I'm doing 48s with similar wing settings to Sean, for instance :p I dunno if maybe we're missing something with the cars? Some sort of particular technique?

I fully intend to attend tonight's race though. That's the best chance we have at conquering these machines; to keep at it. Besides, as sim racing leagues go, Presto is pretty much unmatched in terms of communal spirit. I certainly won't be sitting that out. As long as you guys will put up with me, I'm staying! :D

my technique is do laps and loads of them, dont worry about crashing into walls and whatever else, restart 43 times per session if you need to, it doesnt cost us nothing and hardware means nothing so its all in the natural ability or practised ability, mine is the later, i was never a natural at driving games, only by practise for presto have i got to grips with whats needed.

i tend not to be too technical either, if something feels right to me in setup i use it regardless if real world terms say that im an idiot for trying it, remember this a game afterall, just go out drive, dont worry about anything else, get used to the repetition of drive/crash/restart and soon enough youll be restarting less and only at times your not up on your delta.

i admire you guys sticking around its what makes the community so good, we have a diverse bunch of all types and that cant be beaten, who cares that sometime you might hold someone up, who cares that at some point youll be lapped before first pit, its the racing that matters and if you having fun racing against others in your pace range then thats all that matters,

I generally post the videos for 2 reason's, to help others and also to show no cutting running wide etc. I don't see any problem with anyone who is slower as long as they can race consistently enough there is no problems like Kennet and theres always going to be a difference in pace front to back. Just as long as we all have fun and have people to race with is all everyone looking for and in the end all that matters.

I try to get happy with setup and just stick with it and practise with no changes for as long as possible I think this Helps to be a consistent feel to car so improving is easier once happy. For here I expected to just get to practise sat n sun night, so I went with old setup from here season 10 made a few click changes less cambers pressures and it felt more stable so that will do me. I then managed a further practise for 2 hours mon and tues. Only change I have made is diff lock to 10 instead of 15. So if you go with my setup it is exactly what im using as I upload also to try and help people out. We can also go through pc wheel setups etc also for any help I think we have covered it before but wont do no harm, 270degrees , 100 0 0 if that makes sense maybe we should recreate thread for these along with ffb screenshots etc this only other way we can help.

Also not forgetting i've only went .280 faster than previous pb so no big deal really I think just fact it broke the 43 barrier makes its seem a lot faster. Like you say about 107% rule everyone I think is well within that anyway at 1.42.970 Which is pb and probably not pole time 107% is 1.50.178 :thumbsup:

https://www.allars.co.uk/calc/f1/qualifying.php

Thanks for the kind words. You know me by now, always complaining, threatening to leave and still i'm here... I thought about it and tears started running, this league is way too precious for me to leave. Even if it means i can't race, i still be hanging here..

I'm wont be joining for race tonight, obviously 120 minutes is not enough practice for me and i feel i haven't got the pace where i'm motivated enough to finish the race. That is not a good attitude for the race and i need to practice more (all thou i don't seem to get any faster but one have to keep trying...). If i race in this start of mind, i run into someone behind or spin out in T2, keep going for 8 more laps and crash semi-intentionally to give myself valid excuse not to finish...

See you in China.. That's gonna be a hurdle cause i simply hate that track more than any other major GP track in the world. Right behind Oschersleben. Fortunately rest of the season is then bringing few real classics where i don't care if it's race or just me by myself, fun either way.

I agree with David. It has taken me 6 years of constant racing to be a consistant front runner in a mini and I fully expect it to take another 6 year for these, that's if ever as I am not getting any younger and I tend not to push so hard nowadays. It's all about enjoyment and the challenge to improve yourself, but having said that, enjoyment is the main reason.

It's also very important to be fit, mentally. If one has doubts... Let's just say that if i was a team manager and see that in a driver half an hour before the race... He would stay in the garage, no reason to send him out just wreck it out. In order to finish, one must finish. And i think by telling it straight and no holding back the truth, like i do, it benefits all so there is no doubts about the situation.

I have possibly some solutions, some technical, some time management, etc. to make it work. I already do my bike rides before the race, get hot/cycle, eat properly, warmup, prepare the station etc before the race. There's very little to be done there, next is equipment test (which i'm 100% that they work) etc. methodically go thru the process until that faulty process is found and then do something about it. More stuff that is happening off-season but season is on, i need to hurry up. But i spent my time off the race track solving things out already. Don't know what else to say, sorry doesn't do it. It just happens.. Allthou last time i had this kind of hit on pretty clean driving and weird results.. i didn't have my throttle 100% at all straights so.. It can be that simple, i'll check that by the weekend that everything is still holding. There's a lot of modifications, after all..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back