Season 12 Race 3 Sepang - Weather

yeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyey..... heyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyheyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyey.

:cool:

Tidbit of the day: Two consecutive user confirmation dialogs should always be arranged as 'Or' configuration; default answer should always cancel the required action in two consecutive dialogs, this is the first defense in cognitive decision making. Sorry, wrong forum but i just figured that out and needed to type it somewhere so i can copy past it somewhere else, try to figure out that connection.. ;) Hint: to be used before captcha is unavoidable.

Last edited:
yes Daniel, very much thank's (in advance - it better be rain!!! ;))

Btw, those written forecasts are formulated with such professional phrasing. Are you the author? Such a country mate. :)

Guys, I made a mistake when setting the server, so it had to be dry (it didn'r read the weather file). I will not look at the file but rather notify @Daniel Hansson of the situation, that all sessions were bone dry and that was because the server was set wrongly (iow u can use the file again in the future if you chose to).

I am very sorry for this, both for those who were looking forward to changeable weather and to Daniel who made the forecast and the weather file.:(

Guys, I made a mistake when setting the server, so it had to be dry (it didn'r read the weather file). I will not look at the file but rather notify @Daniel Hansson of the situation, that all sessions were bone dry and that was because the server was set wrongly (iow u can use the file again in the future if you chose to).

I am very sorry for this, both for those who were looking forward to changeable weather and to Daniel who made the forecast and the weather file.:(

Just mention it next time, a lot of people went with wet safety option on strategy... I did about 10l of shuffling but it was good tactic in the end.. Not a big deal but for sporting sake, you were the only one that knew it was 100% sure dry ;) If you said in chat, i didn't see it. Not an issue for me in the end.

I went one step further, and used a setup I'd designed entirely around a wet track. All I changed was the tires, thinking "I'll be glad I did this when it rains"... :p Ah well, nevermind. There'll be other wet races. :)

Just mention it next time, a lot of people went with wet safety option on strategy...
You misunderstand Kennett, I didn't understand I had made a mistake until half way into the race, and even then it was only a strong suspicion based on a remarkebly dry event :). After the race I checked the server settings and confirmed that my fears were true.

If I had known before the race/qualify started I would of course have corrected it :) At the end of the day we must consider human mistake as part of the randomness and unpredictabillity of the weather.

Don't worry Nico. I expected it as part of Daniels random weather file. His forecast was written like anything could happen. It felt the same as in real race when they also expected rain for the race... all good I'd say. ;) :thumbsup: (Finally conditions are always the same for everyone)

No worries Nico, and thanks Daniel. Maybe we should just use the same weather file for Bahrain... I mean it could still be completely dry.

It's also worth noting that Race07 has a very annoying bug where you are given wet tires at the start of the race if there is going to be any rain at any point. Once we had had the practice starts in the dry and had no issues with people accidentally taking wet tires, it was clear that the race would be dry.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 14.0%